Thread: Additional characters for money -- not new accounts (FunCom read this : more money4u)

Additional characters for money -- not new accounts (FunCom read this : more money4u)

Here's an idea for FunCom to help them generate more money and keep long time players like me happy:

I NEED MORE CHARACTERS!!!! 8 per server is just not enough. I need 12 per server. Here's my suggestion though:

Every account gets a standard of 8 characters per account. From the 'My Account' page, you can add additional characters. Each character added will cost an extra $0.50 USD per month.

So I would like to add just 4 characters (not buy another account for myself). This means you get to raise my $10/mo. to $12/mo and I will still only play just as much as I did before (no bandwidth increase). The only difference for me is that I get to have more characters. This will only make for a small increase in size per account to store the extra characters but shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Hell...charge [$1 (USD) per char per month] above 8 if ya want...no more than that or I won't pay though.

Sounds like a good way for FunCom to make more money from people like me who want 1 character of each profession...and hell - more characters I have that I can play with - the longer I'll probably stay as a paying customer.

/me throws his $0.02 at FunCom
    Feetus

That made sense.

It eliminates a lot of the more 'questionable' uses of a second account (buff-whore MP, mule, etc.), gets FC a bit more money at minimal extra cost to them (disk space is *cheap*), and indeed lets players have 1 of every profession on their account on the same dimension.

Problems (and they're minor, I know, just pointing them out): Even more namespace pollution. People will have 12 names on tap instead of 8, making John1234324 even more common. But, a minimal number of people will do this, so no big problem.

Problem 2: Probably not worth the coding time for the amount of people who'll take advantage.

But still, a good idea.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I don't know...I could see a lot of people takiing advantage of this. I've known plenty of people who have second accounts...and I would think they could see why it would be better to have more characters on one account than to have 2
    Feetus

Most of the 2nd account people I know have a 2nd account to mule, buff-whore, etc., not to have one character of each profession.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Most of the 2nd account people I know have a 2nd account to mule, buff-whore, etc., not to have one character of each profession.
    Why not just make good friends or join a good guild instead? Screw payin for two accounts for this game
    Feetus

I'm getting tired of playing alts on RK-2 and RK-3! Come on FunCom....make it so I can buy more character space on RK1 already! 8 still isn't enough!
    Feetus

You won't like SWG then, they only allow 1 character per server . Sony/verant = MONEH!
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

I know I'd pay the $2.00.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Oi! What's wrong with Rubi Ka 2? (Just because there's a two doesn't mean one is better...)

Originally posted by Haiiro
    Oi! What's wrong with Rubi Ka 2? (Just because there's a two doesn't mean one is better...)
    Nothing is wrong with RK-2...its just that all of my other characters are on RK1...and since I ran out of space for new characters on RK-1 I'm having to start out a new on RK-2...which sucks cause I don't have all my friends or all my stuff.

I'd much rather just pay FunCom some extra money each month and have all the characters I can afford on RK-1
    Feetus

Woot!

Now THIS is a good idea! Sign me up. I would =love= to have 4 more alt slots.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

More money for FC? Actually thats less money for FC, if someone really really wants 12 chars on the main server they play, then FC makes more money by you going out and getting another copy of AO, and paying another monthly fee. Why would they want to make $12 a month when they can make $20?

Just a thought.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    More money for FC? Actually thats less money for FC, if someone really really wants 12 chars on the main server they play, then FC makes more money by you going out and getting another copy of AO, and paying another monthly fee. Why would they want to make $12 a month when they can make $20?

Just a thought.

Jagdtyger
    Vampiira
    I bet they would cover that cost difference by the number of people who would pay for 1 extra character...or maybe 2 extra characters. I bet they would get many more people to do that then they would make sales off of second account buyers. I mean...obviously I have no facts to support that, but it seems reasonable to me. I know I will not buy a second account. They will still have a lot of people who buy second accounts anyways, because you cannt dual log with 1 account (well...lets say you cannt do it 'legally'). A lot of people like dual logging to have two characters to play at once for powerleveling, or to have a second character that they can easily put loot on for selling or whatever later on.

So I think that this would present an opportunity for FunCom to indeed increase their revenune potential. NOW COME ON AND DO IT ALREADY, FUNCOM!!!
    Feetus