Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Small Guilds - I MEAN SMALL

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Alot of this is 'cloak & dagger' for certain people, something they wouldn't normally be able to do in real life. Gives them added enjoyment to the game. Do you really want to take all that away from those people?
    Hmmmm..interesting point...but the thing that you have to think about with this is if the "cloak and dagger" people are ruining the fun of others trying to strategize...etc...and that's where it becomes a bit hazy.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Originally posted by Warsprite
    Hmmmm..interesting point...but the thing that you have to think about with this is if the "cloak and dagger" people are ruining the fun of others trying to strategize...etc...and that's where it becomes a bit hazy.
    The true 'cloak & daggers' are not ruining the game. They are simply forcing those to strategize 'what if' scenarios. What if our plans are compromised? What if our position is compromised? What if our attack route is compromised? What if our escape route is compromised? The true 'cloak & daggers' should be making the game more interesting.

However, I can see where you're going with this. Some persons will claim to be 'spies' when their sole intention is cause grief for others.

Unfortunatly, I can't see any route to avoid these particular persons, unless everyone knows who they are. Afterwhich, griefers can be placed on /ignore so as not to ruin everyones fun.

Most of what is been done as was not supposed to

Originally posted by Cz

I personally don't consider calling other people idiots as very mature.
    You will in due time.

Originally posted by Cz
    Read the social guidelines, please.
    That is immature - the guidlines that is - in due time you will know that too.

...is because people could do otherwise and they did. When intodusing CLC there was a very short period, if any, where CL' communicated with others to coordinate operations. Since this had no use, and was not supported by the storyline, and that the war didn't ever start, CLC turned into something else - a market place. If the CLC had had some uber funtion that would be importent for the game then CL' would have used it as such - now it hasn't and they don't.

Lamonia
    Last edited by Lamonia; Oct 30th, 2002 at 10:18:42.

Well, I just saw this post.

But I tell you one thing, if I were org leader, I would never talk about anything of importance on leaderchat, as I might as well go to Tir grid and yell it out...

Only way to get a secure leader chat Argulace, is to use a bot controlled by trustable ppl, then only select the leaders that are known to be the right stuff, which unfortunately excludes alot of ppl...

But if you want a secure line of communication, that is the only way...
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Arg, while I appreciate what your trying to achieve you _always_ seem to come across very badly.

You appear to have now retracted the "Small guilds shouldnt be allowed" point so I wont spend any time on that except to say that a guild is not neccessarily a 'combat' organisation (although your attitude on it does betray your outlook on the game) hence anything that questions is 'combat validity' is invalid.

But your comments regarding Tara just strike the wrong chord with me (and this isnt the first time I've disagreed with you on it)

The game mechanics are that if a team of 6 outdamages you they get loot rights. The mechanics are also that if this 'other' team is of the same faction they cannot be attacked.

The game mechanics are NOT that you must do as someone tells you and be x level and register with x bot to attack Tara. This is a player agreement, and while player agreements are all well and good they are not binding (remember that all you agreed no warping on behalf of us engineers and look where that got us).

You _cannot expect_ other players to play the game the way you want them to, just because it either fits with your vision of the game or makes your life easier.

and as far as 'spies' go, I'll just say....Agents! Hello is anyone listening? Isnt that what they are _supposed_ to do?!
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Warlock
    and as far as 'spies' go, I'll just say....Agents! Hello is anyone listening? Isnt that what they are _supposed_ to do?!
    Funcom's idea of Agents is that we can conceal much better than anyone else.. and die faster than anyone else.

IF we were spies, we would have access to the leader channels or be able to "hack" into guild chats. We can't, thus we are no spies.

IF we were assassins, as my title is currently "Grandmaster Assassin", we would be able to attack at longer ranges than 40 ingame "meters" and take out a target anywhere (even in 100%) without problem and be able to disappear without a trace. We can't, hence we are no assassins either.

We are a fragile class with advantages like; damage, concealment and perception.

If you want a spy, go rent a James Bond movie.

Actually, Agents are better spies. Have you seen the agent undercover kit? Just run FP: Soldier (anything will do really), buy all the right nanos and voila you've got a lvl x soldier with the token board to prove it! All you need then is either some gullible people on the enemy side or 5 agent friends to switch with you and you have an org.... with you as leader. Just make sure you get another agent undercover kit for when you want to switch back, unless you decide the grass is greener on the other side.

Of course you could just use an low-level alt to spy, but then you'd just be a gimp.
    Screw baby Jesus, level limits make ME cry.

Originally posted by Arithus
    Actually, Agents are better spies. Have you seen the agent undercover kit? Just run FP: Soldier (anything will do really), buy all the right nanos and voila you've got a lvl x soldier with the token board to prove it! All you need then is either some gullible people on the enemy side or 5 agent friends to switch with you and you have an org.... with you as leader. Just make sure you get another agent undercover kit for when you want to switch back, unless you decide the grass is greener on the other side.

Of course you could just use an low-level alt to spy, but then you'd just be a gimp.
    Problem is that people, like guildmates and friends, tend to take side change as a personal insult, like I question you and everything about you. And the brief fact that people never discuss sensitive information over a "insecure chat" like the leaders channel, as there crawls with inmaturity and painfully stupid people.

No, those that has a finger in the jar of jam often meets somewhere and talk about matters in created chat.

A minor sidenote, I was once clan.

Originally posted by Arithus

Eeepp, who would like to be a clan for weeks!!! to spy? And like noone would recognize me if I did? duh
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

My final word on Agents and spying

Just because agent players dont find it practical or convienient to spy on the other faction doesnt mean that this behaviour was not intended (the agents abilities and equipment are enough to tell you that)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234