Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good god, I say hurra for no dloading the booster pack

Originally posted by Dominata

Hehe... Do you seriously think that the booster will make it into any game charts???
    There's only one guaranteed way to fail.. Don't try.

Dark Majesty is a booster, despite what Turbine lied to us and told us it was.. and it still hit some charts.

Funcom has marketing people and stuff, people paid to figure out the best way to approach something. I'm willing to bet that they know more about it than ya'll do. I'm taking Funcom's word on this one, personally. Yes, I'd rather download it, but such is life. And if someone lives out in the boonies and can't run out and buy a copy from a local store, move out of the darn boonies. Or buy it from EBGames.
    The only thing worse than the whiners, are the whiners who whine about the whiners. And then there's the whiners who whine about how the whiners whines managed to get something changed, but now the whiners don't like that the other whiners were able to have something changed. And so the whiners whine about the whiners whining and get the change un-done, which causes the whiners to whine even more about how the whiners whines about the whiners whines ruined an otherwise good thing. So now you have whiners whining about whiners, whining about the whiners who are whining, and general whiners who whine about whines in general. And this doesn't even take into account the whiners, or the whiners-about-whiners, or the whiners with whiners-about-whiners in their mouth, and when they whine, they shoot whiners.

"It's difficult to imagine a world in which people voluntarily choose to listen to liberals. There is no evidence that it has ever happened. " - Ann Coulter

Originally posted by Wen-Ho-Lee

I'm willing to bet that they know more about it than ya'll do. I'm taking Funcom's word on this one, personally.
    You're on! I'll take that bet.
    I hope for your sake that FC's marketing people aren't of the same caliber as their CS people.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Originally posted by Dominata
    You're on! I'll take that bet.
    I hope for your sake that FC's marketing people aren't of the same caliber as their CS people.
    Actually, after sitting through the retail launch, it's no their CS people I'm worried about comparing them to, it's their QC guys.
    The only thing worse than the whiners, are the whiners who whine about the whiners. And then there's the whiners who whine about how the whiners whines managed to get something changed, but now the whiners don't like that the other whiners were able to have something changed. And so the whiners whine about the whiners whining and get the change un-done, which causes the whiners to whine even more about how the whiners whines about the whiners whines ruined an otherwise good thing. So now you have whiners whining about whiners, whining about the whiners who are whining, and general whiners who whine about whines in general. And this doesn't even take into account the whiners, or the whiners-about-whiners, or the whiners with whiners-about-whiners in their mouth, and when they whine, they shoot whiners.

"It's difficult to imagine a world in which people voluntarily choose to listen to liberals. There is no evidence that it has ever happened. " - Ann Coulter

It's hardly QC's fault that AO got pushed out the door early. Lay the blame on the accounting side.

It's not the QC guys fault that the game was rushed.

But it's not the Accountants fault that the company was running out of money and would be in deep crap if the game wasn't released.

It's not the Dev's fault that the code had a lot of bugs left.

It's never anyone's fault.

Fooey. It's Funcom's fault. The Devs are just as much to blame as the Accounts are, as the QC guys are, as the management is, as the janitors are... If the accountants rushed the release, there was a reason, which means somewhere else someone messed up and left them no choice.

And if the only reason the accountants rushed it was plain and simple greed for rushed profit, then it's the CEO's fault for allowing them to rush it.

I just hope that they learned from that fiasco.

Doubtful. People, in general, show an amazing ability not to learn from their own mistakes.

And, I'd like to ask everyone to spare us poor sods down here in Australia a thought.

1) Will we get the booster on shelves? I doubt it.

2) If we do, how much will we pay for it? Twice the US cost (conversion) + shipping + extra for profit margin because it's a smaller market. I'm guessing $20US will come out to at least $AU50, possibly as high as $AU60 for the booster. I sincerely hope not, I definitely wouldn't buy it at that amount.

Plus, because of my abysmally slow connection (56k modem and I get THREE Kb/s d/l speed! If I'm lucky.), I wouldn't want to download it anyway.

Maybe I can order it cheap from somewhere overseas?
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

*ueberlol*
    i have to buy the expansion pack and ill get a new gamekey which includes 1 free month.

but ... i cant use it cause i allready have paid for that key as i downloaded ans igned up for AO.

so actualy im buying the whole game again. taht sux. i want the expansion pack and not another copy of ao which i cant use anyway.

"das ist kundenverarsche der derbsten art und weise"
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Achmed20
    so actualy im buying the whole game again. taht sux. i want the expansion pack and not another copy of ao which i cant use anyway.
    Well, look at it this way.

You have the game, and can keep playing just fine.. but for another $20, you can turn on some extra features.

I don't like games which bill expansions/boosters as "Fully optional." Asheron's Call did this.. you could buy the expansion "if you wanted to" but if you didn't, you didn't get much new content, the "Seperate" dev teams spent a lot of time working on the expansion content, and in the end, anyone who didn't own the expansion got jack.

At least EQ doesn't even bother pretending that the expansions are optional.

Personally, so far I've seen NOTHING form the booster that even remotely looks interesting. PvP now is so utterly freaking broken that it'd be stupid to release a PvP based "booster" pack using this crap-for-ass system we currently have. I really hope Funcom has some major PvP fixes planned for release with the booster, otherwise this stupid thing is going to be a useless waste.

blah blah blah....

there is a good chunk of people who live in countries where the booster is not going to be released. i guess funcom loses out on that customer base. there is good chunk of people who refuse to purchase another box for whatever reason. i guess funcom loses out on that customer base. quite frankly, i wouldn't be surprised that there would be a fair number of "shut ins" who play AO and don't get out much. i guess they don't get a copy either.

no one is going to pay twice as much for shipping as the game costs to get the game to their country.

my guess is that the booster and shadowlands will both go to download, just like the original, after enough stores pull the games from their shelves due to lack of sales.

It is a good thing to have more then one way of delivery not a bad thing
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

personally

my take on this is that nothing i have heard about the booster makes me want it.

if the organisation boons are the way you are supposed to cast your higher level nanos or equip items then this will backfire because of the inconsistancy of the buffs.

the rest of the booster pack add on is irrelevant anyway if you do not care for pvp.

unless you just HAVE to gimp yourself pushing vehicle air to a crazy level to have that new yalm right NOW...

why not wait until you can download the booster in a few months for half the price?

if you still think it is worth it, you can get it then.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12