Thread: Nano breed

Nano breed

Nano breed currently has 30% less hp than solitus at lvl200 (2312 vs 3187), and no advantage whatsoever. At 150, a nm nt has 2 points more mc than a solitus. That's 0.27% higher attack rating..

Choosing a nanomage should be a tradeoff, don't increase nm's hp. NM needs something worthwhile for dropping 30% of their defence, though.

As the thread in the "next patch" forum showed, more nano pool is essentially worthless. All it's good for is 100k or so ip saved if you're a nanomage.

A nano cost reducer is a lot more useful, and should balance out the professions that can heal really well. (Docs, and maybe some other profs.)
    I don't think it's enough for professions without heals; it doesn't matter to an nt whether he has 70% or 90% of his nano pool left when he dies..

Nanomage nukers gave up 30% of their hp. Give them 30% better offence. How? - Not my problem - Just make sure it's equally useful both for pvm and pvp. (Hint: both a single battle, and a series of battles)

Ok. That takes care of healers and nukers - how about nanomage agents? - Screw the nm agents. Not all options should be viable. Someone want to play an atrox nt? - Fine by me, but it should be a challenge, not like today when atrox(well.. - after 14.6 anyway)/solitus it the best choice for any profession. I'm a cookie cutter? - IMNSHO, atrox fixers are the cookie cutters.

I'm about to start a nanomage nt, knowing damn well that it's the sucker choice, mostly for roleplaying purposes. I do hope, however, that sometime in the future i'll be able to kick out 30% more damage than a solitus, as they live 30% longer..

/Puus

Hahahaha

ROFL, Opi Trader pontificating about Nanomage skills. Go ransack some Leets.

Lokgen,
    Nanomage Agent RK2

Re: Hahahaha

Originally posted by Lokgen
    ROFL, Opi Trader pontificating about Nanomage skills. Go ransack some Leets.
    I have a couple of nanomage chars as well

Now that i'm finally able to kill those pesky leets without dying (too often), I feel like trying something different.

Lokgen,
    Nanomage Agent RK2
    Gimp

Well at level 170 or whenever caps are Nano has 6-8 nano skills advantage over solitus a few more then that over opis and up to 20 better nanoskills then atroxs.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Nano breed currently has 30% less hp than solitus at lvl200 (2312 vs 3187),

Let's take into account the following:

Max HP implants - 870
    1k Token board - 700
    Set of MK2 - 980
    Shoulderpads - 200

Total - 2750

Since you did a comparison at level 200, you have to consider some easily attainable items every level 200 should have.

Nanomage - 5062
    Solitus - 5937

Thats works out to roughly a 15% difference.

Now lets take Enf/Doc HP buffs and NT layers into consideration.

Behemoth - 996
    Sup Omni-med - 920
    Fleeting Immunity - 725

Nanomage - 7703
    Solitus - 8578

Down to a 9% difference.

Under ideal circumstances, a Solitus will have 9% more HP.
    Completely naked with no armor, implants or items, a Solitus will have 30% more.

The actual difference is somewhere between 14-16%

Nanomage nukers gave up 30% of their hp. Give them 30% better offence.

Using your logic, Atrox Enforcers should get a 30% disadvantage in offence.

I'm about to start a nanomage nt, knowing damn well that it's the sucker choice, mostly for roleplaying purposes. I do hope, however, that sometime in the future i'll be able to kick out 30% more damage than a solitus, as they live 30% longer..

Nanomage is a viable choice for a Nanotech.
    Higher breed caps on int = higher nano skills.
    Nanomage specific items (vest/shades)

With the right gear, a nanomage can have +33/34 in all nano skills when compared to a solitus.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just showing the other side of the argument. I agree that nanomages need something to make the breed a more logical choice for nano based professions (NT/Meta/Eng/Crat/Doc).... but a 30% offence increase is not the soloution.

No, nanomage NT is NOT a viable choice for NTs, or well, it depends, if you are a roleplayer, then it is.

If you are a PvPer, with all the outside buffs you want, the lvl 200 Atrox NT will beat the equal lvl nano NT everytime.

Nanomage was by FC said to be the best choice for NTs, its not, Atrox kicks a nanomages ass, everytime.

That doesnt mean I agree that nanomage should get 30% more dmg, cause thats far out.

I want something else, the nano pool boost nanomage is getting is useless for any prof except docs (who can chain cast CH for a bit longer).

For example more NR pr title lvl, or more natural NCU which increases pr title lvl. I dont know, thats up to FC, but atm, even with the nano pool boost, nano mage is the sucks for NTs and everybody else.

With Atrox upcoming HP boost, Atrox will be the best breed for every profession.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Nanomage here, I keep hearing atrox complain about the low int cap of only 400. Is it not that big of a deal or a notable one? If it is then the atrox NTs would still have to fight with the low int cap, provideing at least some degree of balance. Of course, if the people that wanted to increase the int cap auctually get their wish.......
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Intrepid
    Well at level 170 or whenever caps are Nano has 6-8 nano skills advantage over solitus a few more then that over opis and up to 20 better nanoskills then atroxs.
    And with 14.6, atrox get what - twice my hp?

/Puus

*snipped impressive list of outside buffs*

Is it actually possible to fit all these hp-buffs and still have room for the buffs you really need?

Nanomage nukers gave up 30% of their hp. Give them 30% better offence.

Using your logic, Atrox Enforcers should get a 30% disadvantage in offence.

The Atrox breed already has it's disadvantages. They're ugly, smell, and are totally impossible to get housebroken. The poor brutes deserve every point of hp funcom is about to give them..

With the right gear, a nanomage can have +33/34 in all nano skills when compared to a solitus.

Which amounts to nothing at all.. Nanomage will lose a selfbuffed fight against trox because of the hp-difference. With outside buffs, those 30 points don't mean ****.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just showing the other side of the argument. I agree that nanomages need something to make the breed a more logical choice for nano based professions (NT/Meta/Eng/Crat/Doc).... but a 30% offence increase is not the soloution.

Why not? Ok. 30% may be a tad high, 20% may be more realistic.

I still haven't seen a reason for why nm shouldn't be more powerful.
    Give nanomage more ncu, so they can hold one more hp buff, and have the same hp as solitus? - Where's the point in that?
    Introduce a couple of nanos that's only castable by outside-buffed namomages with vest and shades? - Most players would never experience that, which means it's robably not the best way to make up for nanomages gimpiness..

More power in return for the life you gave up seems like an elegant solution to me.. Should be easy to implement as well

/Puus