Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

Got a lot of comments on the database.. What you all should know that its always a preliminary database, until it hits live. Of course - not many items DOES change, but some does.. I hope to comment somewhat smaertly about this.

Soldiers:
    Very nice nanos there, however I fail to see the reasoning behind the nanos that gives a soldier 120 to AR and 3 to fling. 3 points is a slap in the face for many - I hope you understand that. Look at the fixer nanos - 130 SMG and 80 Burst. (Those numbers arent correct, btw, so dont flame me about that - but its something like that at least). Also - I would VERY much like to know how you expect any - ANY soldier to be able to cast the high ones there without the help of a meta as well as a trader.. (because mochams alone wont cut it)

Enforcers:
    I see a lot of nice nanos here as well, but the same problem really. Adding 120 to one skill and 3 to another is.. heh, not very well planned, I think. Some enforcers would like Multimelee as well. Personally I think Adv's are more multiwielding than enforcers, though. I dont really see that one happening. Tons of new Enforcer-weapons there as well - that was a nice inclusion, I think those will be popular really. The same problem appears here as well for nanoskills - you guys really need to check how much an Enforcer can do by himself - your numbers are really up the walls with these.

Nanotechnicians:
    I havent seen the nukes from The Pest in action really, so I cant really comment on how those affected NT's in general. For now, all I see is the nanoprogramming buff there. Someone told me that metas would still be the masters of buffing that, but with the inclusion of the +150 buff there, that must have been wrong, heh. Good for NT's though.

Bureaucrats:
    The long awaited XP loss reducer nano hits finally - good work on that one, will be popular I believe.

Fixer:
    Look.. I dont mean to complain or anything - but fixers have very nice heals, they have a line of nanos that makes them more or less capable of soloing (some) level 200 bosses at level 114, and they now get a root-decreaser? I do like you fixers a lot, its not that, but you guys are unkillable as it is - I just dont get it. Do fixers have a lot more trouble than others when they get rooted? Not if you wear GA at least, I'll tell you that. If a soldier gets rooted, they are doomed. I hope this is an effort to give Fixers something they want and then proceed to include some kind of nano for the rest of us mortals out there.

Martial Artists:
    A couple of bows with 1001 Bow req. Alrighty - kind of nice if you are into that sort of thing - but where are the bow buffs? It would be nice to have some sort of bow buff for MA's, especially since they're more or less the only ones that uses bows for anything but cosmetics.

Mantidae items:
    Adventurers get another +60 perception. Why? =) They have the buffs for this, I have an extremely hard time understanding this. Those 60 could go into something else more worthwhile to be frank.
    Doctors get +32 nanoinit and some 240 nanopool - not shabby. Not good, but not shabby.
    Metas will get +12 to ranged energy and melee energy. Hm. I dont think I'll comment on that, I'll just delete that thing if I ever get it instead, lol.
    Soldiers - yes..not sure what to say about the soldier item, but the miniscule AC of 150 doesnt do anything really, its an impressive amount of numbers in that item, but the numbers doesnt make up for the pretty mediocre item that it is.
    Traders get an item that adds to nanopool and HP - and a lot of it - but that item just happens to be neck-only which means farewell to your tokenboard. The +30 QFT is a very nice buff, but this is a trinket people would only use for tradeskills - you will never see a trader wear this in combat, thats the truth.

Eleet doll:
    Just for your information there, FC - its not even possible to have that much Biomet unless you have the INT-req there as well - that would be like saying "To wear this you need at least 60 HP and be level 120". I hope its an error that snuck in.

Armors:
    All the new armor seems to be built upon the principle of "They liked Tarasque armor, lets make them all like that but with less bonuses" which just isnt something I can understand. Variations is nice, sure, but does everything have to be an armor template? For items I can understand a template, but not armors, especially since I suspect the armors will all look very much the same as the ones already in the game.

Yalmaha:
    Hm. I dont know - but personally I dont see anyone raising their Vehicle air up to 750 to get the black one. Why on earth did you put that up there? No lower quality yalmahas? I will actually pity the ones flying around in the black ones, because ok, they might be rich enough to get one, but sheesh - You will have gimped yourself I'll tell you that.

The yalmahas actually bring up another issue which is kind of interesting. The lower QL yalmahas, the white ones - these are quite low in requirements - and if you are level 200 like me and have spent all your IPs and IPR's (yes, because of various reasons, one of which being the fact that I thought metas would have a place in the tradeskill world (what with them building Jobe together with Nanotechnicians) - but realizing this just isnt true having a measly amount of IPR's to reallocate this to something worthwhile (damage) I have no chance in the pit of hades ever to get one of those - no matter if I have 20, 80 or 900 million credits to my name. In my honest opinion - lower the yalmaha-requirements to an even 100 or something, and increase the prices on them instead - make it mean something to own one, instead of forcing people to spend IP's into Vehicle Air. OR give everyone another set of IPRs. 750 Vehicle air for changing the color to black. Hm. No sirree - not me - not even if I had the IP's =)

(Edited for vely pool engrish)
    Last edited by Twicer; Oct 16th, 2002 at 12:32:15.
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live
    Twicer (Meta) | Oggyman (Enforcer) | Shaur (Soldier)

Bureaucrats:
    The long awaited XP loss reducer nano hits finally - good work on that one, will be popular I believe.
    And the official DEV answer today (16.10) at crat forum when we speak about this new nano.

Don't get your hopes up, it isn't available, as it doesn't work.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

New Items

Dude - read the booster pack web site.

The new yalms are probably for booster, and so you wont see them yet.

One might wonder if some of the other goodies are in the database are for booster pack and shadowlands.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Arrow

The nanos that boost a weapons skill and just so happen to give small boost to other things seem ok to me... You get your buff, and almost as an afterthought get a few small buffs chucked in. Mind you, it would be nice if they were a bit bigger (say 3x or 4x ).

The NT buff is a nice little extra, but NTs are still awaiting the real NT stuff, 14.7? 14.8?

The crat nano don't work so isn't yet implemented.

The rest of the stuff looks interesting, but I'll wait until I see it in game.

And the Yalms? Yeah, bit steep. Not to mention some peoples yalms seem to have increased in the skill reqs and others haven't - a bug?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Oh, wouldn't it be a hoot if the new Yalmaha's that everyone has been raving about all require 700+ in flying. Somehow I do not see that going over to well with the "community"...

Even if I'm not buying the booster myself I sincerely hope that they will come in exactly the same levels and requirements as the existing ones. Anything else would be equal to suicide on FC's part...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Patch 14.6

What irritates me a bit are the reqs even for QL 50 Yalms, they are listed in Jayde's Database as 500+ (!!!).
    Has anyone with access to Testcenter checked reqs for QL 30-40 Yalms, or - if not - could you do so please?
    (I can't access TC, not enough space on my disk). Thanks.

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha

Dude, calm down and chew some Prozac before you hit "Post Reply."

You got some nice nukes last patch. I think we all know that FC's
    plans change all the time. Specialy now with the introduction of
    Notum Wars and the upcoming Shadowlands.

That Cosmik said 1 year ago that NT patch would be around 14.6,
    just doesn't stick as a promise in my eyes.

It's not even sure that you -won't- get items. It's not live yet, is it?

This is not the place to rant like this. Infact, there is -no place- to
    rant like this. It sure as heck don't belong in this thread. Instead,
    send a mail to feedback. And try to be alil more calm and civil.

"It's been a widely accepted fact that NT patch will be 14.6" <- eh, uhm.. oh ok.
    Nice nukes?

You mean the ones that require uber reqs to use - one requires mochams for 2 other skills to use and every one of them drop off the toughest boss mobs in existence? Two of our nukes haven't even been found yet and you want to say that these nukes were great?

This isn't a love patch for NTs = FAR from it. I read all the forums so perhaps you should to before you comment on something regarding NTs.

Read our forums for a change.

As for the promise of NTs getting a love patch in 14.6 - Gaute said it himself and tallied the order of patch love directly saying that NTs would receive their patch from 14.6 - 14.8. 14.6 has nothing but a crappy NP buff that we never asked for and never wanted nor need.

Twicer you once again prove why Funcom should hire you instead of the strange people they have on their payroll that comes up with the freaked out ideas that they have.

Damn, I really looked foward to 14.6 now it turns out to be another dissapointment
    Sometimes I wonder if Funcom really want their players to remain in the game or if they are chasing us out by free will

Drabin: I can´t agree more
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Arrow Re: Patch 14.6

Originally posted by Spacegipsy
    What irritates me a bit are the reqs even for QL 50 Yalms, they are listed in Jayde's Database as 500+ (!!!).
    Has anyone with access to Testcenter checked reqs for QL 30-40 Yalms, or - if not - could you do so please?
    (I can't access TC, not enough space on my disk). Thanks.
    Mine seem just the same as before, but some people were showing their yalms that had higher requirements, so there may be a bit of a bug here... Maybe someone else can expand on this?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: 14.6 - comments, whines and hurrahs

Originally posted by Twicer

Traders get an item that adds to nanopool and HP - and a lot of it - but that item just happens to be neck-only which means farewell to your tokenboard. The +30 QFT is a very nice buff, but this is a trinket people would only use for tradeskills - you will never see a trader wear this in combat, thats the truth.

<---- Neutral trader

hehe

About the items and yalmahas and whatnots :

Nanotechnicians:
    Like I said, I really dont know the first thing about the NT nukes that were released, other than the fact they take abnormal skills to cast - other than that I cant say anything.
    I agree that the NT stuff should be spread out through levels, and not be aimed only at high levels. NT's need a bucketfull of help, I'll agree. I dont have any direct answers for you guys.

Yalmahas and items and boosterpacks:
    Yes, I'm quite aware that the items are meant for the booster to a great extent - but how does that change the fact that people just will not use them? =) You have to self-gimp yourself pretty bad IP-wise to get those.

Personally I would like to see it possible to go to a shop of some kind and for (a great deal of) money have the Yalmaha Body repainted to whichever color scheme you preferred.

ALTERNATIVELY you could smack together some tradeskill items (which would cost lots of money as well, but require nothing skillswise - like the Boosted Hellspinner guns for soldiers) and have people "do it themselves" to their already existing yalmahas.

I think I speak for everyone that the biggest problem about Yalmahas isnt exactly that they get rooted in 2HO... (as one of the new yalmahas has a root-debuff-immunity-thinhummy).

(Edit :: Comment to Reality - lol, ok - you got me there =) All NEUTRAL TRADERS will use them - all two of them =) hehehe)
    Anarchy Arcanum
    Krystanova: MMORPGs as a genre need to get off their ass and start being as good as they are addictive.

Live

Originally posted by Drabin

As for the promise of NTs getting a love patch in 14.6 - Gaute said it himself and tallied the order of patch love directly saying that NTs would receive their patch from 14.6 - 14.8. 14.6 has nothing but a crappy NP buff that we never asked for and never wanted nor need.
    w00t!!!! I have seen u NTs cry about us being better at nanoprogramming from day one, and now u get these buffs, and tell me they where unwanted???

well now it my turn to cry... ur new NP buffs are selfonly, that is something my NP buff isnt, so not only is ur NP buff better than ours, but u can get my buff on u too, and make it even better, which i cant... hmm why did I max NP.... ****ty NTs... u got what u wanted and now u cry about it

Retired implant maker!
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Why is it that I vaguely remember someone from Funcom posting there would be no more 'love patches' for any professions after the adventurer one?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by NOVA

And the official DEV answer today (16.10) at crat forum when we speak about this new nano.

It can stay broken for all I care, I wan't this nano like I want the IRS to audit me. I'm constantly casting useful nanos as it is, and to be honest, I can't remember the last time anyone in my team died on a mission.

I have to agree with these guys here. U give fixers a root breaker when they are already the hardest class to kill in the game, then u give a ton of buffs and weapons to the (arguably) only class in the game that was balanced from the start. Not that im not happy for them, but im really startin to feel bad for the NTs here, plus giving them nanos that will allow them to not need weapons helps out the advens and soldiers alot by way of FC not having to worry about casters getting hold of new uber pistols, etc.

Other than that i was wondering if maybe u could tone down the reqs on the new 1he weapons (the diatos) before they go live; I know they are made for enforcers but advens got fairly crappy weapon choices still and at L200 i would be hard pressed to squeeze into 1 of those with a 132 wrangle and some rare items :/ Enfs have had the EoT for a while now (not that its easy to get, but at least it EXISTS), and then in 14.5 u added the blood stuff (again, see EoT), but advens are still waiting for A CHANCE at the AAS among other things (cyclic shields). Do advens not matter to u guys or is there some "special reason" why u dont ever implement our lovin?
    Go ahead, flame away, but im not cryin - i just wanna know if i should roll another class because some dev has a personal vendetta against adventurers

Originally posted by Bartleby
    I have to agree with these guys here. U give fixers a root breaker when they are already the hardest class to kill in the game, then u give a ton of buffs and weapons to the (arguably) only class in the game that was balanced from the start. Not that im not happy for them, but im really startin to feel bad for the NTs here, plus giving them nanos that will allow them to not need weapons helps out the advens and soldiers alot by way of FC not having to worry about casters getting hold of new uber pistols, etc.

Other than that i was wondering if maybe u could tone down the reqs on the new 1he weapons (the diatos) before they go live; I know they are made for enforcers but advens got fairly crappy weapon choices still and at L200 i would be hard pressed to squeeze into 1 of those with a 132 wrangle and some rare items :/ Enfs have had the EoT for a while now (not that its easy to get, but at least it EXISTS), and then in 14.5 u added the blood stuff (again, see EoT), but advens are still waiting for A CHANCE at the AAS among other things (cyclic shields). Do advens not matter to u guys or is there some "special reason" why u dont ever implement our lovin?
    Go ahead, flame away, but im not cryin - i just wanna know if i should roll another class because some dev has a personal vendetta against adventurers
    sorry bartleby....did u read the entire post before mentioning this or are u just basing it on this post? Enforcers, from what i've read, will have their challenger lines completely remove the function to buff skills. in replacement, this line is give to them for the loss of challenger's buff abilities. so how wrong is that? u recently already got a bunch of different morphed only programs. while they're not extremely uber in any way....many of them are still quite useful. (example being pack hunter, and the +600 perception buffs) we as NTs got 4 impossible to get nanos (from 2 mobs 1 requiring 20 or so ql160+ to kill, the other requiring the entire RK population to get to and kill). and in this patch 2 nano programming nanos(basic one is good, upper one again quite hard to use, giving not very good bonus compared to basic one). so would u call your profession "vendetta"d against? not quite. and definitely not just because your cyclic shields is missing and a few problems with wrong inits on your pistols.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

First of all I had to reply to this. 14.6 does NOT contain the new yalms. There is however information in the database about them, but it's obviously wrong. I know FC has done some pretty wild things before but requiring 700 in a skill that is otherwise useless just doesn't seam plausable.

It has been revealed that the new ground vehicles will buff the user in various ways as well as contain a special attack of there own, so these may very well require fairly high skill.

The database has been KNOWN to be totally wrong about certain things, and I'm sure the yalms is one of them.

Also remember that these new vehicles are in the database in 14.6 only because people who do not buy Notum Wars need to be able to see the vehicles as well as the new towers and other new items that are Booster only.

The real specs and vehicles will come with the Booster.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Don't ASSUME that fixers are the hardest class to kill in the game, because when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME.
    -- So sayith the wise Benny Hill.

Any way, the fixers who are hardest to kill are the Phixxers who have FUBARed the rest of the class by driving GA prices into unreachable hights for any real fixer who's fixer is there main.

But at any rate, only GA fixers are the hardest to kill. Trust me my fixer may have more hp and more AC then any GA fixer 20lvls over me, but in a good team mission, if I get agro'd by more then one opponant, I am damn well very killable.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

hehe

more answers, more answers..

Yes - like I say in my first post - SOME things in the database has been known to get altered - but pretty much far from all - I think it is way better to point out errors way ahead of a launch than afterwards, dont you? =)

About fixers... I dont mind fixers having GA, I dont mind that at all - but I DO want to hear about why they are getting root-removers at all. Enforcers : Melee class - root them and they cant shoot back. If you root a fixer, he will still shoot you. At least fixers have a chance that way, you know? Fixers deserves this about as much as soldiers deserves a grid =) Fixers in my honest opinion, has a lot of things going for them, as will most fixers say.

I'm sorry - but thats how it is. A guildie of mine just soloed a 205 mission. The guy is level 114. Thats a hint towards how good the GA-fixers are.

Fixers WITHOUT Grid armor is a completly different story. They work pretty much like soldiers. No MK, but they have heals instead (which no matter how you twist and turn it is better).

Now. I do NOT want this thread to become some kind of vendetta against fixers, or adventurers or NT's or whatever. I would very much like the thread to be constructive, and not throwing poop around.
    Anarchy Arcanum

Live

I'll tell you why the NP buff is stupid....

The whole point of NTs wanting an NP buff is so that we wouldn't have to go harassing MPs for their NP buff. So what does FunCom do? They give us a buff requiring at least PsyMod and SenseImp mochies (Izgimmer's Codex reqs 931 in both) requiring us to bug MPs even more when the nano goes live (that is...if the NTs even bother with it). I couldn't even implant my skills up that high, which leads me to believe that this nano will be for Shadowlands when it is released....

But since we know absolutely nothing about how they are going to fudge the skill budget in Shadowlands.....grrr.
    Last edited by Naraya; Oct 16th, 2002 at 20:59:27.
    .: Naraya :.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast