Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YALMAHA bugs

YALMAHA bugs

plz FC - fix the remaining persistent and annoying yalmaha bugs that still exist...I'm sick of being unable to get out of my yalm 50% of the time, flying to a zone border or worse - /terminating because I'm stuck in some wierd spatial vortex that won't allow me to fly out of the zone that I flew into
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

also another one that doest happen often. When your in your yalm you take fall damage everytime you move, that can be really scary :/, i havent died of it yet though.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

should probably fix some of the city maps. There is an area in Tir near the grid location that if you fly into, you can't get out of. It's like an invisible box.

It was one of those moments that I just got out of a mission, full bar of XP and only a few more people to kill, I almost had to terminate if it weren't for the fact that I walked through a wall when I jumped between two buildings.

I guess we can only ask for so much though. In fact, we ask for a sihtload. I think we should at least be grateful that they are, at the very least, listening to someone around here.
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

the mini me yalm bug is the most annoying part
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Question

Just curious. If you are at altitude and you remove your yalm, do you fall for damage? I would expect so, but as I don' t have a Yalm (yet!) I was curious about this one.

Originally posted by wrecklass
    Just curious. If you are at altitude and you remove your yalm, do you fall for damage? I would expect so, but as I don' t have a Yalm (yet!) I was curious about this one.
    Yes, you do. That can be a lot of fun though as Skydiving after getting your yalm has become a rite of passage. Nothing quite like flying as high as you can, removing the plane, and doing a /disco as you plummet downward. (We never took more than 985 fall damage though )

Also, as to the yalm equipping problem ... an alt of mine was having that issue all the time, but someone advised me to raise my Veh Air skill by another point (something about a rounding problem - go figure). Now I don't have that problem anymore. Perhaps that could help?

kymmie

996 is the highest damage i have seen anyone take from yalm diving. The max is like 1k but then your adventuring decreases that damage. and most people have some adventuring due to abilitys dribble down.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Arrow

Originally posted by Slickblue
    should probably fix some of the city maps. There is an area in Tir near the grid location that if you fly into, you can't get out of. It's like an invisible box.
    I know the one you mean. You *can* get out, but as the gap in the collision hulls is very small it can take a bit of finding.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Arrow

Originally posted by Intrepid
    the mini me yalm bug is the most annoying part
    Fixed as of 14.6
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

engie + no crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who doesn't do damage = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix[/B]
    Christ.. stop complaining.. if u think it's that bad start a char of the proffession u think is the most UBER.. makes sence..

~Herich~ out.

Ok i saw this and i just had to comment on it cause it is by far one of the most stupid comments i have seen heh.
    Herich, i am curious why in hell your commenting on someones SIGNATURE! instead of the topic at hand? i mean i about fell out of my chair laughing wondering why anyone would do that. I know people make mistakes but don't ya think it would be kinda odd if someone wrote that for their response in this thread and then the fact you commenting on it in a serious manner? sorry i just had to say something cause i have never seen something so ludicrous lol

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Fixed as of 14.6
    If you're serious, I'm throwing a party and you're all invited.

Not the Funcom coders though

--Tsk

Arrow

This one at least is fixed. The mini-Yalm bug caused by zoning from indoors to outdoors with a Yalm on whilst under the effects on the shrinking agent line still appears to be with us though...

After equipping my new shrinking bracers my Yalmaha appears as being all of two inches big after I zone once. This is annoying. And no, I won't take off my shrinking bracers, I like them and I have waited a long time to be able to use them.
    Overall, I do not like workarounds for bugs, I rather see the bugs squashed.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Arrow

Sounds like the same bug since both are related to zoning in a yalm whilst being scaled smaller.

I still see these yalm bugs :

- Mini Me bug
    - If you are sitting while equipping the yalm, it will behave like a very expensive Kodiak ( also applies to morph nanos with flying ability like the Parrot nano )
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Arrow

Originally posted by Seid
    I still see these yalm bugs :

- Mini Me bug
    - If you are sitting while equipping the yalm, it will behave like a very expensive Kodiak ( also applies to morph nanos with flying ability like the Parrot nano )
    - fixed in 14.6 as already mentioned
    - you can't move whilst sitting, so equiping a yalm doesn't change that. More a logic error than a bug, but probably should get sorted, ie equipping a vehicle should clear your 'sit' status.

i dont htink they will ever get rid of the invisible walls because it is a very very large job. But if ever you get stuck you can easily get round them just by flying really really high, you can also get into areans and even the pyramid area at BS by doing htis.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

That reminds me, what is that pyrmid?
    :: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

Originally posted by Cazza
    That reminds me, what is that pyrmid?
    Yet another local in game that they most like had some kind of plans for, yet is now completely forgotten about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast