Thread: AO=dead in the water? is there any life left?

AO=dead in the water? is there any life left?

ok simply put

the trade skills are still gimped

The lag is still outragious

The class's are insanly unbalanced {EG:WTF is a TRADER doing in heavy combat?}

The client interface still feels as if I am driving a truck

the chat interface is terrible

Some class's are almost non existant due to being pretty much totaly gimped

Funcom can't seem to pindown simple bugs 5 good example... inventory..cars ammo/special bugs

Funcom fails time and time again to make headway in fixing > trade skills > lag> class's> NPC pathing> this lists huge I won't continue it, I am sure funcom has a list

My friend list which contains over 50 names are Never online EVER. I wonder why that is?

basicly Funcom You are Going out of business you need to get your Sh*t into gear Hire some Real programers to fix your problems. I don't see weekly patching.. I barly see monthly patching.. considering how badly your game functions thats just wrong...Everquest You're Greatest competator did Daily patching for 2 weeks on release of SOL. people complained about problems: 95% of them are fixed within 3 weeks, we are talking release date Dec 3rd, 95% of the problems were fixed BEFORE chirstmas

you are fumbling the ball here. AO still has so much potential and you are pissing it down the drain from serious Inaction.

I don't want to see new bars new clothes usless nanos that don't work

FIX THE LAG#1 I mean come on I am on a broadband I can pull down 280k per sec wtf is going on?

Make the Interface less clunky#2 talk to the people that do first person shooters trust me on that.

FIX the Class's #3 EG: fixers, Crats neither of these class's are worth sh*t they do nothing and really don't add anything.

FIX the Pathing Issues#4

FIX the damn group missions

FIX tradeskills and do yerself a favor idiot complexity makes MOST people go f*ck it..

Set a Deadline on a patch POST it so everyone knows exactly When you are going to fix it you seriously need to give people some sort of Indication you are working

DO NOT play with the storyline I bet extreamly few people care about it right now.

having 4 years projected life DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO WAIT 4 YEARS to FIX the freaking game

I pretty much can't look ANywhere on you're board and not see people b*tch about the same things over and over and over

and Damnit man REPLY to posts directed at funcom not nessessary in my case I am canceling my account like thousands of others. I will be checking up in a month or so but considering FC's record I rather doubt anything will change

Nhaz

*sigh*

You seem to really HATE this game... WHy are you posting here then? O_o

There ARE MANY who play the game and I think they can make their decisions WITHOUT your "insight".

Thank you for playing AO.
    Last edited by Mesdoram; Jan 7th, 2002 at 03:24:03.

Talking

Lag? AO doesn't have much lag at all. Try Ragnarok Online then tell me AO lags :P

Nhaz is indicative of the experience of alot of players just most of us haven't gotten fed up to the point of quitting.. yet..

I do enjoy AO alot but every single one of his points is valid and really does need to be adressed now. Not in 6 months not in a year not in 4 years AO has been out since june.. thats almost 7 months and most of the B3 problems are still in game. Yes for me lag has returned with a vengence, I suspect that all the lag fixes they did were more people leaving than anything they actually did (people were at one point leaving by the thousands) and as the population rises again places like trade/ent in omni are once again becoming a lag monster.
    Last edited by Serena; Jan 7th, 2002 at 04:01:13.

lag

I have no lag either, but on our slower system there is lag (same connection). Maybe it's your system? Anarchy is a graphically intense game.

lag

I will admit that my system is not top of the line. but I am not talking about video/load lag.
    I can definatly tell the differance between slow video scrolling to Network Lag.

I am talking about mobs beating the **** of of you when they are not anywhere near you. and if they ARE near you why is it they never show up beside you but continue to beat on you from other rooms. and no I am not talking about gun slingers either.

Filling the game with guides saying they are here to help IS NOT the help that this game needs.

and I will reiterate for the possible trolls. The never was a hate for the game. this was directed at the FC people to get thier collective butts into gear.

this game Could give others some serious competition if they just got thier act together I was perfectly willing to cough up money per month for a game that while not a completed product showed definate signs of being improved. that is Not tha case with AO. My First post points all stand as I wrote them.

These are basic things to a online game this Isn't UO here and people are on 14.4-28.8 modems

80% of people that play these games have broadband now.. why is it AO can't seem to pump minor co-ordinate info through a Cable modem that can I can start a small ISP on?

Nhaz

Lightbulb

80% of people that play these games have broadband now.. why is it AO can't seem to pump minor co-ordinate info through a Cable modem that can I can start a small ISP on?
    Perhaps you should do a traceroute and find out how many hop's you have to go trough to get to the servers..
    My first ISP had like 23-26 (depending on how lucky I was) needless to say I had always 1k ping or more.

Switched to a 802.11b solution trough work and woha! I have about 170ms ping and doing a traceroute shows a whole 9 hop's

never switched anything in my system.

Now this is something FunCom cannot do anything about as they do not controll the internet in its self.

but some of your points are valid .. I would like to see patches conatining usefull things preatymuch evryday (im alowed to dream) or perhaps a weekly patch.
    when we had the story movies i atleast knew I was getting a patch evry 2nd week and that was positive.

I didnt expect any patches during christmas or new year tho .. but they better patch soon.

Re: AO=dead in the water? is there any life left?

Originally posted by nhaz
    ok simply put

I pretty much can't look ANywhere on you're board and not see people b*tch about the same things over and over and over

Nhaz
    Well mebbe you should stop repeating yourself and get off the board... Unless you like being one of those who moan and bellyache about the same things over and over and over...

I like AO and, sadly, I tend to agree with Nhaz.

I agree with the problems you've put up - I havn't experienced lag though and I only have a 56k modem (broadband in the UK is far from cheap - trust me)

one thing you missed out - the problem with MA's - check out the MA board, you'll see what I mean.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Well I dont have broadband, I used to and to be honest the only difference I can tell is the loading time of the game. Other than that there is not much difference. As for all the problems with this game...

Yes there are some problems that need to be fixed. All games have there problems, all games have the rants and raves. But its really very simple.

"Are you sure you really want to uninstall Anarchy Online?"

Just click yes...

Re: lag

Originally posted by Hermione
    I have no lag either, but on our slower system there is lag (same connection). Maybe it's your system? Anarchy is a graphically intense game.
    Anarchy Online has lag, no bull****ting about that it does. It has 2 servers, both situated in New York. If you're not in the US, you have lag, horrible lag, that's a fact. And it's pretty damn retarded for a game made in europe, with at least 50% europeans players to not at least place one of them over here.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

I recently quit. Reason?

Just look at Nhaz's post. It may not be written in the greatness of Shakespear, but the basic fact is he's right. I've put up with the same stupid ****ing bugs for too long, period. All chars and items deleted, there is no coming back 'in case they fix it'.

They've spent an amazing amount of time -not- fixing incredibly stupid ****. I'm not even going to bother listing this crap because there's just so many things. I can't help but stop and ponder in utter amazement how stupid you would have to be to add an elaborate kung-fu process in which you can make a Crat suit instead of fixing the Mongo HoT to work right, making Yalms zone with implants properly, the idiotic and excessive doc aggro, that Take it easy bug, or hey - how about that no-aggro no-damage instant death bug that made me loose 1170308 xp before I quit yesterday?

http://www.vi2.com/maxForumFiles/0_7_2002/scrn0072.png

http://www.vi2.com/maxForumFiles/0_7_2002/scrn0073.png

http://www.vi2.com/maxForumFiles/0_7_2002/scrn0074.png

Those three sequential screenshots show my console to the letter - I was fighting, doing damage, and with no aggro, no damage, and no damage reflected from my damage sheild I died.

Here's the amazing dialog that was occuring at my computer at the time:

Lanasia: Wooha! 1698389 of 1739900 xp needed to level! I'm about to hit 103 finally!

Game: Oh by the way, you're dead.

You have lost 1170308xp. **** you Lanasia.

Pretty amazing eh? So busy making a building look kinda torn up or something in Omni Ent they're too busy to fix things that matter. No biggie.

I have played many a game like this. I dont experience the lag problem people speak of in AO very often at all. Sure, sometimes there is lag in VERY crowded areas, or sometimes there may an issue from time to time where things seem more laggy than usual. To me and my experiences with MMORGs, this is the norm. I can't name one game that was any different in this respect. I think AO plays fairly well IMO.

There were a couple times were I was in a mission and I got beat down by an invisible mob or where I am attacking something and it appears to not be attacking back, and I end up at the reclaim booth, but that is rare. This is not something that happens all the time or even relatively frequently.

The things I would like to see developed in AO (which is in the works anyway) is the housing (guilds and personal), put the overequipping issue to bed and give us our IP reset, and put the story into high gear.

The game should be all about the story. I'm waiting to see a major twist in the plot and see some anarchy

Re: Re: lag

Originally posted by Illuvatar

Anarchy Online has lag, no bull****ting about that it does. It has 2 servers, both situated in New York. If you're not in the US, you have lag, horrible lag, that's a fact. And it's pretty damn retarded for a game made in europe, with at least 50% europeans players to not at least place one of them over here.
    I'm in europe, ping around 150 all the time. No lag unless 400+ people zone into newland city at the same time. (and even then my graphics card can keep up... pretty impressive )
    Of course, I have a good ISP

Arrow

"Anarchy Online has lag, no bull****ting about that it does. It has 2 servers, both situated in New York. If you're not in the US, you have lag, horrible lag, that's a fact. And it's pretty damn retarded for a game made in europe, with at least 50% europeans players to not at least place one of them over here. "

Ok 3/4th the guild i am in is euro ...... they seem to be doing alright with lag.....

AO has been making progress.

All MMORPG's start out with bugs and those who have played alot of them are aware of it. UO was FULL of bugs (I did beta), Everquest at lauch SUCKED (I did beta then decided not to buy the game), and AC till today has NO BALANCE basically you are a mage or a gimp (I did beta played then quit). Funcom is new at this and as everyone that was new they are messing up alot and shooting themself in the foot left and right. I guess the forgot to hire people that have been there and done that.

The guy who posted is right, in todays market AO is doing some damage to thier name and doing a very bad job of fixing things up. They are getting better they are learning and I think if funcom would just admit the obviouse it would make us alot more tollerant to them. Just say it funcom WE HAD NO CLUE WHAT WE WHERE DOING BUT NOW WE ARE STARTING TO SEE THAT THE HOLE IN THE GROUND I NOT THE SAME HOLE WE CRAP OUT OF.

So I think quitting now is not a good idea as they are just now starting to LEARN how things work.

all of you who BASH people for saying what they think about AO are LOSERS because those are the people that leave and make funcom FINALLY notice that they have to do a better job. Because of the people who are voting with thier money we are actually having the game work better. I know funcom got scared sh*tless when tons of people were leaving.... That is why things are better so let them say what they think and close you trap so we can get things fixed.

Thanks

Everyone has a right to voice there opinions. There is not a thing in the world wrong with that. However some ways of voiceing something are more affective than others. =)

Thats the thing, Funcom are new to this type of mmorp game on the net. And it seems like a gamble that was one step too big for them.

Ive had nagging thoughts about leaving ever since 12.6 (*me hears some people scream like a wraith at mention of that famous, or rather INfamous patch*). But i put these nagging thoughts off thinking they are going to keep patching and fix stuff. Added stuff they have, fixed stuff? Some, but not all the major problems.
    And now the last few patches have added even more bugs as every one of their patches has done (camera problems and visual bugs for some). But this time, its been nearly a month and no patch now.
    Either Funcom has gone to sleep, trying desperately to re-organize after they had to sack 30 people shortly after 13.5, or they are busy working on an expansion disk that i am meant to lay out more cash in trusting them with. I trusted them with my first layout for the game and the money spent ever since, my return has not been value for money im sorry to say

In short, this game had and still does have great potential. But imo if Funcom are already cutting down their staff it means they have money problems and problems that wont be solved by hunting grounds that are becoming increasingly deserted (ie, not as many players as they used to have).
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Angry ay, yep what a cryin shame .... ,(

yep, and since b3 it was obvious they'r lackin the most important thing .... a good team of server-programmers

(and i didn't say that poor soul that's doin the job is a looser or anythin .... he probably did a *great* job for the environment he was/is in (designers thinkin their single-player games just need *a little* server code and voila, there it is, the mmorpg blockbuster of the century ..... ah sigh .....)

damm, but it's not too late (it's never eheheheh) ..... they should just *once* listen to us (me) ....

*DO* storytellers guys, and ao will not only survive, it will shine like the diamond it is ....

role-players need tools to drag power-levellers into the game ...

power-levellers need some entertainment from time to time ....

and most importantly .... you (funcom) just don't have the ressources needed to do it yourself .....

so please .... (yes, whine whine ehehehe) ....

*DO* implement storytellers, will you ?
    tradeskillz ?