Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RK2 Tarasque... (long)

Hi all

Some comments about the damage team situation. After "sbje's team" won loot and kept it, emotions have been running hot. As far as them being ninjas and stabbing everyone else in the back, I think that depends totally on one thing.

Did they or did they not state their intentions up front. If they were in clannet chat and kept their intentions a secret, they were in the wrong. That's because they might well have been included in rolls had they not won loot rights. As I understand it they clearly stated their intentions to Jasonx well before the raid. By doing so they forfeit their chance of winning the usual roll should they not win loot. It also gives the ones running clannet a chance to organize a damage team to ensure they win loot.

In my view there's nothing wrong with making a different system/chat than the one currently being used if you're not happy with it. This is because it's impossible to make a system everyone agrees with. The thing that is wrong and I would consider ninjaing, is to pretend to follow someones system and take the loot once your team wins. And as far as most damage wins I don't see that as dividing clanners in itself. It is after all the current rule with all the different unique mobs, without people hating each other for it. There's nothing wrong with friendly competition, as long as all parties are aware of the situation.

Lordb mentioned some problems with pure damage team wins in the case of tara raids. This is of course true, and if omni show up in significant numbers, damage teams will fail. Another problem is that professions lacking in pure damage output would have a hard time getting into teams. That's unfair imo. However I see the damage teams as a temporary push towards a change. People are fed up with the arbitrary rules and items being looted without being posted.

The system Marlark proposed is a system I've been in favour of, and probably one that will get the broadest support (as long as a reasonable level limit is enforced). I think if we can get this system running, it will ensure the loot stays in clan hands as well as make it more fair to everyone. The rules need to be posted and always enforced. With the coming 14.6 loot messages, ninjaing will atleast be exposed.

I for one play this game for the fun it provides and at the moment tara raids aren't fun at all for me. No risk involved, and although I don't care too much about winning loot, I do understand people that do, and I do care about it being sorted fairly and the system not being exploited.

With all the drama going on now, I've decided to stop going and do things that are fun to me. Losing friends over this loot is not worth it at all. I do hope the proposed point system gets up and running, and I'll be happy to give help out if asked, as well as give my opinions on it. However I don't think I'll be going back until there is atleast a chance some omni sends my ass back to reclaim

Please, calm down everyone and do the things that make your gaming day most enjoyable.

I'd like to point out the one fundamental difference between Sbje's approach and the approach that was taken last night: when our dmg team won the loot we shared it with all those in clannet. And this, as I see it, is the fundamental difference.

One can protest by winning the loot and then keeping it once, but after the second attempt, I cannot believe that the motivation is anything less than greed. If Sbje would care to comment on that, I would love to debate it with him.

I am not ashamed of any member of Nemesis they are all friends of mine and in the end that means more to me then any loot in this game.

THAT IS IT!!!! I GOT IT!!!! i know how I am going to get my hood!!!

WTS - outside healer for damage team or ninja team i dont care anymore......... min bid 1 gaily paint hood!
    Last edited by Chicky Pot Pie; Oct 30th, 2002 at 15:49:28.

Loxxie your members are cool Menahem ganking clans in arena again, w00t.

Thatone, we won loot nearly every time we did a team before announcing that, and still our opinions were ignored, and thought of as a dull threat.

As for greed being my motivation.. it isn't.. I got every item i'll ever need from tara, and just want some fun, (pvp wise..) also to see friends gain items they deserve.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Ok, I wont fight clans in the arena! I did this in protest because of the ninja's out there and of the "fair" system as menahem calls it! Im not doing this in greed. I would like to share the loot with the rest of u! We started the dmg team a month ago or something to roll the loot fair, but that wasent enough. Then ninfa won those items as I told ya about in a earlyer post! Thats made me thing that the only thing to do, was the way we are doing it now! Till the point system is up! The way we are doing it now might not be fair, but atleast we roll fair in our team. And if u do the same it cant be more fair!

But now clans are ganking clans, wtf is that? Do the same as we do or are we so uber that u have no chance of out dmg us? Till the point system is up, this will be havoc I guess!
    But this has gone to far! I dont like to fight friends that are fighting my other friends! I dont like to fight any clans at all!

Menahem, if omni was controlling tara and I went omni. Would u think it fair that the minute I went omni I got in the roll? Maybe u didnt went clan just for the loot, but how can we know?

All the clan-omni turncoats care about is their free lottery place, hence wanting to keep it like that, pretty sad that someone would do all that to get into a lottery.

Mena you will find also does anything for points, since hes incapable of killing peope himself.

As for Phione attacking us:
    1) you suck
    2) you took loot yourself this morning too
    3) next time you step in arena im gonna make sure you drop in 4 hits.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

got some room in ure damage team sbje?

Superblanka!!! me first!!!

won't the whole distrust thing go away after 14.6?

you won't have the problem of not knowing whether the looter is actually taking loot before posting, right? i mean, once it is out in the open, with no question, that someone is actually stealing, they'd be pretty much out of the loop from that point forward, right?

Would hope so Borrace, just to get someone trusthworthy in each team..
    Unless they do vicinity messages..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

LMAO

Sbje why you blaming us that we got loot when we did not? lol
    and no it wasn't a nemesis dmg team we had other ppl in team that are not in nemesis and grats on another hpo and a dragon piece so don't lie on the forums it only makes you look bad not us
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

This morning before reboot Skul....
    Funny how the turncoats start to post ****
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

You cry that clanners are attacking clanners yet you steal from clanners how are any better? You aren't, stop trying to remove the spot light off of what you did, you stole from them, they killed you, neither side wins, you created this mess, now deal with it.

LOL

well sbje just so you know i doubt you have more tara loot then me and i haven't even won a roll and i can post what i want where i want to me you're still a newb sol still says so in your siggy might as well add newb at posting too and what i can't change sides when i have friends that i can play this game with?
    so don't talk trash

m000

Thought I had better ones, but just these I guess..
    In both instances neither did you shoot bored back, or the doc you killed shoot you back, just stood there died, then ran back and looted your body... looked so obvious..
    Or is this just a clan-attacking-clan thing Loxxie?
    http://s2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scrn1142.png
    http://s2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scrn1143.png
    http://s2k.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scrn1144.png
    P.S. I play window'd mode alot so ignore the.. poor rezz :P

edit. should work now
    Last edited by Sbje; Oct 30th, 2002 at 17:11:50.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

nope, links don't work...
    Shobo

"You know what they say: People in glass houses sink ships!"

And 1 thing

i wasn't there before the server boot and sbje if your team didn't do what you did that time then what you mentioned about my guild wouldn't of happened so basicly what you have to say means nothing what you've done have ruined it for lots of others
    and i didn't see you even try to do anything to help the problem just seem to have made it worst..wouldn't you say?
    and what so what if those ppl ninja'd they got what they deserved for their actions no need to sink as low as them sbje

m000

I like the point system it gives me a chance.. damage team does not.... any damage team is going to need a healer but in order to win doc has to be outside... lets see I am healing the team that wins and a hood drops and I am the proud winner of said hood what are my chances of clicking on the corpse with 50+ people all clicking as fast as they can... not likey I will get the window. I never minded rolling against 50 people cause it was fun for me.... most of the time. *cough*clan ganking me*cough* . anyway no system is going to be fair to everyone.. I dont make every tara raid but see this point system as a great idea, thanks marlark!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast