Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RK2 Tarasque... (long)

gonna post in the morning, when i have a clean mind to do so.....check the sig
    Sol Tpecx Shorts

Now in Grid Armor mkIV, but neglecting to use it, because I look stupid.

I taste like Alcohol.

Heh. Heh. I taste like beer. I like beer. Buy me a beer. I'm not drunk, I can drink plenty without... What was I saying? Beer.

Originally posted by Intrepid

what happened when quiz did that?
    Quiz was different though as mentioned, and they didn't really explain their actions, also we had omnis breathing down our necks all time...

Partly hence posted here to see what others thought, and tried get this out in open with people who attend, so it can be discussed, which seems to be working so far.. Have even /tell'd quite a few people ingame asking them to state their opinions on here

--

Thatone, won't be hard get a few friends together surely? and IA as i've seen have got some of the most high levels around atm, not to mention best damage dealers.

Cocio.. you've missed alot :P

Hopefully you Shtylez and others who are back from being banned will make some competition
    Last edited by Sbje; Oct 26th, 2002 at 12:22:00.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Hello everyone wanted to share some thought's

Hiya everyone wanted to show you something. The leaders made a idea over time here that we decided to use inside the DA and clannet.

As you know clannet is something that was made to somplefy things for us clanners. The idea in the long run was to make a system for rolls of loot that basecly made a couple of possabilities... for us clanners ..

The idea was acutaly based upon our enemys system mostly and when you look further down in this post you will c why maybe.

The omnis made a point system .. problem with a system based upon points is that without some sort of automation it is impossible to book keep it ... well the clannet bot will hold that for us and make it as simple and open as possible can be.

In the long run the idea is to be able to hold more then one Dongeon at same time... as we get alot more chars in the roll's The basic idea with the system is to be able to hold 4 dongeons...

Todo that we need about 160 to 180 chars...

the point system that leaders and other prominent know people of RK2 have talked about is somewhat simple actualy ...

and ill show the system in a way od what the assembled system shows:

__________________________________________________ __

Tarasque Raid System

Well first of all, our effort should be focused on keeping Omni-Tek personal from getting the kill and loot of Tarasque! The focus can not be on loot because then any organized system will fail.

However, since loot always becomes an issue this system was developed. No system will be 100% fair to 100% of the participants at 100% of the time. We welcome all who wish to participate under this rule system because we want everyone's help in keeping Omni-Tek employee’s from getting the kill.

§1 In order to receive credit for being part of the raid, you must have checked in with the raid leader prior to the spawn time or official host announcement of attack command.

§2 The minimum level to receive a point for raids is 140. Lower levels are welcome, but no points are awarded until you are level 140.

§3 All members of the raiding party (regardless of level) will be in the group chat designated by the Clannet host leader.

§4 All raid participants will be in teams designated by the raid leader, you cannot earn a point if you are not in a team (this does not mean you must be "teamed" in the literal sense). Teams will be determined and placed based on the group composition and the defense needs/capabilities given various levels of Omni-Tek resistance. The Host leader or a designee will make assignments as to the different team types.

· The PvP teams – The groups that defend against the incoming Omni-Tek invaders.
    · The Tank team – The Team that will have a person absorb the damage of Tarasque.
    · The Damage teams – The people that don’t receive the damage from Tarasque, but enable Tarasque to die in a timely manner.

§5 Points are non-transferrable. If you wish to bring a different character to the raid, that character will begin accumulating their own points.

§6 Points are only awarded if we are successful in killing and looting Tarasque. If Omni-Tek employee’s overwhelm us and we do not get the kill, then no one receives any points for that particular raid.

§7 When Tarasque dies, every member of the raid group will clear the immediate area of Tarasque's corpse all the way past the 4 bridges. Loot will not be taken care of until everyone is clear of the platform and the 4 bridges.

§8 When Tarasque dies, the loot will be announced (in clannet chat only) and all members of the group that meet the requirements (including level requirements AND profession requirements) for the item may use their raid points to roll for the item.

§9 Each raid point corresponds to a designated amount of numbers you may use in the roll for that item as follows: 1 successful raid earn 1 point(1 number in a roll).

(you must have at least one points in order to roll for an item)

§10 You may only roll for as many items in the loot as you wish until you win and lose all your points.

§11 A minimum of 1 raid points is needed to roll for an item. If you win an item, you may not roll for another item until you have accumulated one raid points again.

SAMPLE ROLL SCENARIO:

- Gaily Painted Hood is posted in chat group.
    - Marlark have 7 points and Ernurse have 2 and Shaded have 3 points and all want to roll for the hood.
    - Marlark enter /tell clannet Itemroll
    - Ernurse enter /tell clannet Itemroll
    - Shaded enter /tell clannet Itemroll
    - The rest do not want to be a part of the roll based upon they already have the item and so on and on.
    - Host execute the no more itemroll command after publicly Asking if everyone in the roll have done the /tell clannet itemroll command. The rest that didn’t do this saves their points they have for whenever they like to roll for a specific item.
    - Marlark is automatically assigned 7 numbers in the roll.
    - Ernurse is assigned 2 numbers.
    - Shaded is assigned 3 numbers.
    - Host for the raids execute the rlist command and the numbers get shown. In clannet channel. - Then there is 12 assigned numbers for the roll.
    - The host do a roll command to clannet and a number get rolled and the winner may have been Shaded. He get announced as the winner and comes forward to retain his item.
    - Shaded loses all his points, Marlark and Ernurse keeps theirs for next time they want to be a part of a roll for a item.

§12 It is important that those not involved in the rolling process for the nodrop items do not add extra spam in the group chat to make the rolling go as fast as possible.

§13 Due to problems with individuals thinking they can circumvent or overpower the system, failure to comply with any or all of these rules may result in being kicked from the chat group, exclusion from rolling for items in that particular raid and/or exclusion from future participation in Tarasque raids. The host holder have the power to kick a char due to not following the social guidelines or these rules. All maters will be taken up with the DA Assembly Board for ruling on the offence. DA Structure rules apply to the possible ruling of the case.
    __________________________________________________ __

There that is the basic idea .. for a system .. and if we take acount the anouncement system that FC is giving us in 14.6 and the banishment punishment that the Clan assembly on RK2 is making in it's Stature ... then we have a good start for something great.

Basecly we are not dependent on FC to hunt down the Ninja looters ...

And we have a swift way of punishing the ninja's ..

The idea that was given as punishment regarding ninja looters ... atm is as follow... The leaders of the orgs is having a meeting tomorrow regarding this ... and hopefully we can get a good thing out of this .. well the DA = Delegate assembly. There is basecly 3 punishments ... that we have taken acount of so far and they are:

1 Ninja looter get bannished from roll's of this type permanenty (This do not mean they can't be at the area .. just not in the roll that we share) DA Board decide if the ban will be lifted on request of the assembly (The assembly is all the clan orgs on RK2) If majority want to let the ninja back in the roll system then it will be so.

2. In case of a Ninja helper .. basecly .. someone that aids a ninja to get his/hers item ... without proper prosedure... get a 1 month Sentense.

3. The org's that this 2 chars belong to get a 2 week ban. (reason for this is to show that the org have a responsability of keeping their members in check)

Hope this clears up a couple of ????? or atleast give something to brainstorm on for future changes to this system.

If you have a good idea bring it to your org leader and they will take it up in the forum of the assembly ...

All good ideas are good ideas as long as they are talked about constructivly ...

Going nuts do not help im afraid ...

Be well everyone and hope to c some good come out of all the work the leaders have put into the assembly and the tara system among other things.

// Marlark, Velvet President (DA Tribunal Leader)

That sounds great marlark, would sort things completely, while be fair to those who can't make every spawn, and those who attend alot..

But. with these meetings, invite the regulars! surely they're entitled to help discuss and decide? rather than low level guild leaders, or do we all need make level 1's with new orgs to join it?....
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I'd just like to say that I support a system such as this 100%. As someone who makes a fair number of, but not all, Tara raids, this gives me incentive to come when I can and to keep coming.

Great job if this gets implemented.

hehe its nice to see that clanners got the same problems as omni before

tara should be fun but actualy it isnt cause of no great fights

cocio: yea u missed that omni needs u

/me rofls to eot ninjaed
    shame but i know that would happen sometime
    Bachareal RK2 Novice Agent - Adrastus 2 - My Setup

Hireddeath RK2 Enforcer - Adrastus 2 - My Setup

- It´s all about the 10K´s -

You complain that level reqs suck and yet you all put a level req on the Tara raid

How about a skill-based system ?

For example, to get in rolls :

* a doctor must be able to cast Complete Heal
    * soldier / enforcer wield QL200 weapon
    * adventurer can cast a certain high QL heal
    * NT can cast IEF
    * MP summons demon and Belamorte

And I'm sure people can come up with things for the rest, just some suggestions, dunno how fair those are exactly, but the point is, set some requirement where each profession is useful on the raid

*cough*

U got same problems as us in the past, that's why we founded Adrastus...but even we get ALLWAYS outnumbered.
    The thing is that majority of pple wanna be clan for kinda romantics reasons, and the game is still unbalanced.
    I got a lot of good friends in Clan, this is not the point, Spot is the GAMEPLAY...
    So i consider that it's normal u get loot problems cause adversity and competition moves INSIDE Clan now, despite all omnis effort we can make, and i think u're a bit responsable of this situation.
    The solution is to work INTERGUILD Clan-Omni to organize balanced events, in Camelot or not.
    Fun for everyone garanteed.

Greetings

Grom

Problems:

1. Uber loot
    2. Restrictions on number of players
    3. The side playing fair with (2) at any time will loose the loot
    4. More then one playfield (as opposed to more frequent spawn)

Solution:
    Remove the Uber loot (replace it by new stuff that drop randomly, or just drop it randomly)

Or:
    Remove the multiple playfields. Kill the playfield when the dragon is dead. No engies logged in tara room == no mass warping to control the spawn. Disable warping to the playfield.

Or:
    Add a key system to Camelot. When entering the dungeon, run a hostile nano on the player that will prevent you from getting another camelot key for 18 hours.

When there is 60 or 80 or 100 people entering the raffles and the number is increasing it just show one thing, MORE people are joining the high level game. For the PvP concept that was intended by FC for Camelot, you would need a playfield that would support 60vs60 players. AO can't support those numbers, so the basic concept of Camelot can no longer be supported by the game.

Grom: Go to http://ymera.com and count omni vs clan for above 150, and you'll see a pretty balanced number.

2 thumbs up for plan marlark!

Right off, I have to say that Marlark's proposed system makes alot of sense.

Frankly, there are only two Tara drop items that I think would be really useful for my toon and a one (maybe two) others I think might be moderately useful. However, I always participate in rolls for other items because its much more likely that I will end up trading for the items I want than actually winning them in a roll under the current rules. The proposed system would certainly change that.

Just my 2c
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

If I may comment as a non T goer.

Let a person decide HOW MANY of their points they want to risk/use.

Maybe for example I have 10 points, but really want the EoT... but a gaily hood comes up that I want. I would risk 2 of my "T points" for it, but i want to save the 8 points for when EoT comes up.

Just my thoughts.

Other than that, a great system from what I can see (as long as the "higher ups" dont get all big headed... no offence meant to anyone, just something I have seen in other mmorpg's)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

give all the loot to me!

problem solved...just tell me when to show up

Originally posted by Yazule
    If I may comment as a non T goer.

Let a person decide HOW MANY of their points they want to risk/use.

Maybe for example I have 10 points, but really want the EoT... but a gaily hood comes up that I want. I would risk 2 of my "T points" for it, but i want to save the 8 points for when EoT comes up.

Just my thoughts.

Other than that, a great system from what I can see (as long as the "higher ups" dont get all big headed... no offence meant to anyone, just something I have seen in other mmorpg's)
    Omg a post where I don't wanna punch you in the face!! WTG man!

Good idea really
    Yagyu for life

Also lose at least 1 point whether you win or lose, aslong as u roll otherwise people will still roll for all with their pts... as they wont lose any unless they win something.. which would just result in xxx usin 30pts and yy usin 30pts to roll for item g..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I dont mind either system. probably cos i am not above lvl 100 on rk2 :-PP

I would simply make up a system that does not allow ppl, helping the first time, to get away with loot. Even if they prolly needed it more or better than some high lvl 180+ guy, since you have to consider the amount of damage or healing he is providing at raids.

Furthermore i would not even let ppl get away with loot, that seems stupid for them to have...
    e.g.

-Gaily painted for a MA, only that he might be able to cast uvc one lvl earlier than without.
    - adventurer stuff to some guy or girl, using it for a secondary char then.
    - dmg enhancing items, such as backpack or dragonchest to ppl, not even using weapons at all.
    and so on....

The problem on rk2 is probably the big crowd of ppl who actually want to help kill him and get items, which is pretty hard to decide, if more than 30 ppl attend in the raid... i am gonna try to post more, when i am higher lvl :P

gonna come watch tonight and ninja eot tho :P

j/k
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

The problem on RK2 is the huge group of rejects who show up just for loot and refuse to help out when there's an omni threat, or don't come back when they die once.

ex: Can't remember when, last week some time...79 people in the roll in GS1, omni show up in decent numbers and people have to actually (OMG) fight the omnis off! Well right after this, in GS2, there were around 30ish ppl in the roll...

What would be nice would be a way to guarantee a decent number of omnis (without it being TOO many omnis ) so the gutless loot whores can't have their daily lottery, and the people actually willing to do their share have a less-than-ridiculous chance of winning something.
    Yagyu for life

Kaiousama, so what you are asking for is a decent amount of omni to show up in order to get rid of the clanners that just sit around and dont help?

As if clanners dont do an efficiant enough job at Tara they now want omni to show up just to make it that much more efficiant

hehe.

p.s. this isnt a flame. im just being sarcastic, please take it as such.
    Dictator

I would agree with Kai on that one. Firstly, it makes it fun. Secondly, it eliminates the people who are only there for a free ride. I counted at least 3 people today out of 40 who didn't even fire a shot at tara and were still in the roll. Is that fair? Hardly. Most people come, are semi-afk and start shotting at tara simply due to auto-attack being on. I have done this a few times myself, I have to admit. Frankly, at the moment, there isn't any reason to be at the keyboard until the loot is anounced unless oyu're a doc or a tank. The rest of us don't have to do a thing. Having omni there would at least make people earn their loot even a little.

As for efficiency, that goes right out the window when people (cough, Aiola, cough) ninja items.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast