Thread: Teleporting boss mobs

Thumbs down Teleporting boss mobs

Well let's do a flash back to the 40m range cap, commonly known as the "range nurf". Funcom's reasoning was, mobs could be attacked outside of their current GS, and could not find their way into your GS. They didn't have the resources to fix the AI so they could make it into the correct GS. They had 2 solutions, either hard cap range or make mobs teleport to you if you moved out of their range. They opted for the Hard Range Cap stating that teleporting mobs was a cheep and unrealistic solution.

Well teleporting boss mobs is essentially the same thing. Instead of them coming to us, we are brought to them. If you move out of their agg range and your pet is holding agg, they can't teleport you anyway when they finish off your pet, but the part of this that is so ANNOYING, is that they teleport you when you are 2 feet to them and you are not running away, where your droid and 2 charmed pets are fighting them, and that breaks the 2 charmed pets charm then the boss and the 2 ex-charms are all attacking you at once.

If you are going to keep this boss warping please make it not break charms, and not STOP attacks. It's so buggy and yet it was put on live ages ago and has not been improved, unless, of course, all these effects are intended.

HAHA.. I hate that!

I'm standing right under the bosses nut-sack, he's beating on me and I'm hammering away........ then I all of a sudden stop attacking.
    WTH?
    This happens repeatedly and constantly on teleporting boss-mobs.

So annoying.

Another thing that bothers me is this....

Running through north clon**** on a lowbie with 1100 runspeed.
    Aggro some low green Spiders and Offals... I could have outrun them easily if they didn't keep warping right on top of me. In 3rd person, as soon as they disappeard from visual range, they wapred right on top of me. This lasted from the mines to the clon**** OP.

I know warping was put in to prevent exploits but mobs should only warp if......
    They get stuck on world geometry....
    Their pathing prevents them reaching their target....
    Their position remains static for 2-3 seconds and they have no movement hindering nanos running on them

amen mirr

to both the boss mob and the outdoor thing.

A little secret I learned back in the day works today on mobs that teleport though.

When running from a mob turn left 3 degrees, wait 2 sec, turn right 3 degrees... wash rinse repeat.

you go the same direction just zigzag (a small amount).

Doing this makes the mob's pathing change, for some reason when they run in a straight line they warp, if they keep getting new directions to run they dont.

I had a guy call it "exploiting" once lol... it is creative evacuation techniques (he was just sore because he didnt take my advice and the mob's ate him).

oh fyi, it slows them slightly when you do this as well, as they have to "think" about the direction change.

Hope it helps.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

When running from a mob turn left 3 degrees, wait 2 sec, turn right 3 degrees... wash rinse repeat.

Strafe running-jumping works most of the time for me.

Some mobs seem to just keep warping no matter what you do.

Personally, I view warping as more of an exploit than anything it could possibly prevent.

What is Funcom's problem with allowing people to snipe off certain MOBs if they're far away, behind a way when you're above, or swimming in the water.

It's called strategy. It makes the game a lot more interesting than the Tab-Q, grab a Coke routine it is now.

Funcom views it as an Exploit?? Why? Mob outside large city wall...you inside on tall buildig with nice long-range rifle. You SHOULD be able to pick off the MOBs to get XP. Sorry, but anyone who has the patience to do that should reap the benifits--otherwise there is little advantage to ranged weapons at all in PvM.

Mobs warping to you when you run, or warping you to them when you run is far more of an exploit. Why? Because it's AGAINST PLAYERS not, against MOBs. Who the heck cares if a single MOB gets pwned? A player dying, losing XP, and getting cheaply killed is far more of an issue than the other way around.

-Jayde

If a boss summons you, a bureaucrat's charmed pets get auto de-charmed. This is VERY bad when you got an Ace Enforcer and Veteran Bodyguard charmed......
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I can almost deal with the warping, it's been around for ages, but it really makes snares useless outdoors.

I really dislike the teleporting, not only because of the bugs associated with it but because not doing it was the justification for the range nurf. If bosses must teleport make them teleport to you. If it was driving you mad, funcom, that people were using the boss button as a zone to hop, make the boss zone to the players above the boss room, but don't keep something in game that has a ton of extra bugs in it that will never be fixed or even addressed by you.

Warping Mob has a Down side to Caster Classes.

Due to recharge and cast times, IF I can get far enough away and hit them with a long Cast Prog, I can get another 2 progs off before they make it to me. Warping MoB prevent this because from the time they are hit with the first cast until they hit me, the game sees them as out of range.

Boss MoB warping me to them in Missions is one thing. But when your trying to do a pulling routine in the Wide open, this makes it essentially one big fight and your on the short end. Unlike in missions, when the Lackies fall they stay down, Outside they seem to have a 1 to 2 minute respawn. Trying to pull a Boss Mob with a Warp prog is like running in place.

Fixing the Attack from going off when Warped would be a big plus.

Fixing Pets/Charmed so they dont stop attacking or break charm would be nice too.

Kiting would be fun. A little more fun if you can get out of Aggro range, Stop, Drop, Recharge, Stand up, and Cast before it can make it to close and you take off running again. I kinda miss Kiting
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 27th, 2002 at 21:59:33.