Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18 hours spawns suck

Or you could go for my original idea of the dribble down. If you dont want to camp you have to wait 2 months for it to get to boss loot. And if you dont fancy that you can wait another 2 months and mission it yourself depending on the item.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

great discussion

i didn't see anyone mention the fixer grid quest, and i think it's very pertinent to the point originally being made.

i solo. a lot. hence, i don't get very good loot, unless i solo team missions, and then, i don't get loot that's great for my level, since i can't solo bosses much higher than my current level. since i lean towards overequipping, much of this stuff is only good for selling or twinking my alts.

enter the fixer grid quest. a static mission, in the sense that you always go to the same locations to achieve your objectives. different, however, in that your objective changes half a dozen times before you actually get the final item. also different in that it was both challenging and FUN (well, challenging at level 60ish without a yalm.)

why do we not have more missions like this? clanners have their ring quests, and even though you still feel like you're on the treadmill, the result is an item that you feel a sense of accomplishment and acceptance after having obtained it.

oh. if funcom does decide to add more quests like this, they need to be realistic for solo players and at an array of level ranges. (i threw that in there so someone can't say "what about the ring quests?") i don't pay any less for my account than the folks who belong to massive guilds, so i'm not sure why content for soloers is so much less than content for people who like to team.

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    I tell you this: nobody has killed the Right Hand. Perhaps they never will because he's not supposed to get killed.

But, if they do kill him, all those people who help should get a good item. Because it is hard and needs teamwork and planning and the most important ... 'doing' it. There's a better word.

But nobody is camping him. But, someday someone may put together a team and they will kill him. And his items will be rare. And I will be in awe.

But, he still won't be camped.
    He has been killed - I was there, It took 27 of us almost 30 minutes to kill him and nearly all of us died at least once.

All he dropped was some crappy omni stuff (so the looter said)
    I personally didnt care I just went for the fun of it.
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12