Thread: Tir Moat Swim

Exclamation Tir Moat Swim

Tired of the same old dance, DJ and fashion contests? Come to the First Annual Tir Moat swim! Tell your friends! Tell your family! Heck, you can even tell complete strangers!

Display your swimming prowess by paddling around the moat within the city of Tir in protest of the constant dumping of toxic substances into that fair city's water table. This swim race will take place next Saturday, the 12th of January, 2002, at 22:00 GMT (17:00EST, 14:00PST, 23:00CET).

The race will consist of three brackets, the first for those of title level one, second of title levels two and three, and third for title levels four and above. The race will start on the ramp just north of the southern gate of Tir, with the competitors swimming forward around the central island. The first race will have only two laps, the second bracket three laps, and the third four laps. If needed, swimmers may swim around the Mongol Meat island after each lap to get a free heal, in case the moat's toxicity is too overpowering for some.

The only rules are No vehicles and No going on land. If you are caught walking on land or using a vehicle during the race, you will be disqualified. Anyone may compete in the race, but to be eligible for a prize you must register for your bracket - /tell Scrub or Razishlyat ingame, or catch us in #ao-basher IRC chat to register. You are only eligible to win a prize in your title level bracket.

Prizes are to be announced, but include hanshi coats, nano cloaks, luck rings, IQ rings, and cold hard cash! The first place winner in each bracket will have the first choice of the three prizes for that bracket, the second place winner will choose between whatever the first place winner didn't select, and the third place winner will get what's left. The awards ceremony will take place atop the big fan on the west side of the central island - Even if you're not competing, you can just hang out on the railing watching the lowbies dying! *snicker*

There will also be a prize of 50,000 credits awarded to the best looking swimmer! So wear your hottest bikinis, ladies(though its fabric will probably be dissolved in the toxic moat-water )!

BTW, it's on RK1.

I went all out, and made a map: http://members.home.com/gil-the-arm/contestmap.gif
    Last edited by Gil-the-Arm; Jan 6th, 2002 at 09:56:25.

Swimming?

w00t - I think I could win this....

just hound me a lot on saturday

... /me wonders if mice can swim
    Mouse Rodent NanoTech. ex Professional CareBear, now a Forsaken one

This one is gonna try
    Mouse Rodent NanoTech. ex Professional CareBear, now a Forsaken one

Hmm, seems Ill wear my metal bikini, im not going nekkied in those waters for your fun :P

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Talking I'm in

Count me in! Just wondering, what's everyone else's swimming skill at?

At level 26, I may be disadvantaged. Perhaps we should have several races, maybe a 1-50 level race, a 50-100, 100-150, etc.

Screw the swimming trunks, I'm going in fully armored. That's the only way to swim the moat.

See y'all in the moat.

Suetonius, the race will be divided into title levels.. three races, the first for title level 1 (1-14) second for title levels 2 and 3 (15-99) and the third for title levels 4+ (100+)
    Last edited by Gil-the-Arm; Jan 6th, 2002 at 19:29:44.

No vehciles, but what about morphs?

Morphs, pioneer packs, implants, etc. are all aloud. Just no vehicles, and no walking.

Oh, the point isn't to try to calculate swim skill points. I just think it can be a lot of fun, and be used to further a good cause.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Cool

mmmm the Tiir waters... Sounds like best swim suit is really a hermeticly seal'd Battlesuit

Talking What about reets?

Sounds like a fun idea, I think I'll be competing in the best dressed category since I'm not a very good swimmer .

What about reets? I know this gives an enourmous swim speed bonus and seems kinda contrary to the terms of the contest, since reets dont swim. Just thought you might want to add clarification here.

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose

mmm........hover boat :)

oh yea im getting my bikini out but if my beautiful ***** starts to moan and get hurt(1dmg min im getting in my boat and driving.

Wink Winner Updates!!!

Just though i'd post a quick update on who won and all, for those of you who couldn't attend.

1st Place - Starrla
    2nd Place - Delvair (ME!!!)
    3rd Place - Suetonius

Best Dressed - Mouse
    Worst Dressed - MyFanwy

You can find pictures of it all here:
    http://www.apartment104.com/ao/swimcontest.html

Talking I Won!

Yey! So an adventurer is good at something... and no one can say I wasted ip points any more! Well it was really fun and thanks to everyone involved. When is the next event?

Smile Thanks

A big thanks for the organisers of this fun Event.. I had a great time and Congrats to Starrla who just about lapped us all.

I am very proud to be the winner of the worst dressed swimmer, although I perhaps think that Mouse probably should have recieved that honor. :P

Miffy

Wink Try another one?

If you liked the race here maybe you want to try another one look at the great race of rubika post and tell me what you think it would be a litle biger and more complex heh heh but very fun potentially.

-Thanks for your time
    > Twillite <

The people have acted, and the council has responded! Henry Radiman has informed me that the council has begun working on cleansing the Tir 'River' (Moat as we know it ;p) and will be finished by next week!

Talking

What can be said except w00t? Thanks all for participating... we got something changed! I hope that we can take this example and affect further change in the future; it shows that our voice isn't silent - it just has to be voiced properly and feasibly.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist