Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What apartments SHOULD look like (warning lots 'o bytes)

Yes it has.

I bet the main reason they have not added more stuff to put in the apartments, is because of the 10 item limit ... until they solve that bug, it would be silly to make more for Apartments.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Originally posted by Cado
    Yes it has.

I bet the main reason they have not added more stuff to put in the apartments, is because of the 10 item limit ... until they solve that bug, it would be silly to make more for Apartments.
    The 10 item limit is not a bug, they purposefully put in that limit. You used to be able to put as many items as you want in your apartment, but they didn't feel like letting people use up that much server storage.

They could just make a whole bunch of apartment templates and allow you to buy upgrades. Even maintaining the 10 item limit, with different apartment types, people would still love it. It would only require the stoarge of an extra variable (apartment type) to determine what a person's base apartment looked like. Basically, these apartments might look like the ones I showed pictures of. With such great apartment bases, 10 items would be all you need to give your apartment a sense of "you." Even better would be to give each template their own limit. That way bigger apartments can have more decorations.

In the olden days .... you could put in a million items, but anything over 10 items would go *poof* ... that is a bug.
    So their solution was that they added a message that told you that you could only have 10 items in the apartment and that was it.

You can still put a million items in your apartment, they just go *poof*

the code for Apartments have not been changed at all since release, with the sole exception that it now informs us about it when we put "too many" items in there.

And I'm pretty sure it's not server space they are up against.
    I mean, c'mon ... no chairs, tables and couches ?

Originally posted by Cado
    In the olden days .... you could put in a million items, but anything over 10 items would go *poof* ... that is a bug.
    So their solution was that they added a message that told you that you could only have 10 items in the apartment and that was it.

You can still put a million items in your apartment, they just go *poof*

the code for Apartments have not been changed at all since release, with the sole exception that it now informs us about it when we put "too many" items in there.

And I'm pretty sure it's not server space they are up against.
    I mean, c'mon ... no chairs, tables and couches ?

In beta there was no limit. They changed it to 10 for retail. Yes it was to save space. No the number is not significant; it's arbitrary. No at first there was no warning because the imposed limit was implemented in a half-a$$ed way.

Nice pics!

I totally love those Neocron appartment images, they would rock in AO, of course!

What I see as useful in an AO appartment is a desk with a computer terminal where we could access our bank, write messages to other players and entire org (in-game e-mail), order items (in-game internet shopping), view online fashion magazines (Miir and armor). A feature to let us view our PvM and PvP statistics (like one can in Unreal Tournament) could be fun too...

Home entertainment system could include wide/flatscreen TV display where one could view the latest Rubi-Ka news, presented audiovisually by professional news readers This could include the latest developments in the struggle for land control, which guilds have claimed victories and such. Entertainment could include choice of music streams (Gridstream Productions?) or video clips from 'The Animated Series' etc. Or just some nice, ambient music that we all know from the game that Funcom are cabable composing

Comfortable, stylish seating for groups of people to hang out and discuss things, while enjoying some privacy and peaceful atmosphere.

Bedroom (doh) I need a place to rest and catch some sleep (log out). When I log in next time, I can check for any msgs on my computer terminal.
    Last edited by Bothead; Nov 19th, 2002 at 17:01:24.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Id even settle for a futon at this point. Put in better furniture !!!!

Edit: It would be nice to have the grey hall that leads up to the apartment look like the small elongated room in PM missions that has the thin couch and plants. They are about the same width and length and could be standard thing if they want to save space. Those are pretty nice i thought and well made.
    Last edited by Lorepan; Nov 20th, 2002 at 09:00:31.
    - lvl 200 neutral agent -

Oh .. and write the darn Adress of your apartment on the key please !!

Like :

Alex "Cado" Portello
    Omni-Trade
    Highrise 15
    Apartment 5

ie.

(Name of apartment owner) ---- usually your name, unless you get a duplicated key from someone else
    (zone)
    (subzone or apartment block)
    (Apartment number)

Also, any duplicated key should be a 1 time use unless you used some sort of tradeskills to make it permanent (and No Drop). And please, we should use the keys instead of just running headfirst into the door.

Heck, add a slot to the Weapon tab in equipment where we could put our main key / Keyring

Wow...now THATS how it should be done.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12