Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIX the mission terminals plz (5th time I've posted this topic)

Angry FIX the mission terminals plz (5th time I've posted this topic)

I'm sick and tired of it. You've had crappy mission terminals that don't give missions sometimes on the 2nd or 3rd one you're trying to get when hitting accept. It's REALLY ANNOYING.

PLEASE fix your game before patching more content. Thank you.
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 25th, 2002 at 04:52:20.

Ummm

I have never had any problems with this, what mission settings are you using?
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Its a common problem... not an everyday occurance for me but at least once a week... and its usually when iv rolled something iv been after for ages.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Heh, this problem seems to occur to me when I've been searching for "that specific item" a very long time and when I've finally found it and clicked accept.... nothing.

When that happens I usually log off (alt /quit) and then do something else... very annoying.

Maybe this time you'll realize that not many people care.

This is a very annoying problem and it happens to me at least once or twice a night on nights when I am doing a lot of missions.

I wish they would fix it. Or at least identify it and let us (playerbase) know if they notice some "cause" that we can work around or avoid.

Cheers,
    Martek

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Maybe this time you'll realize that not many people care.
    People do care about this since it has been around for a long time and been the subject of several posts. I get it too from time to time and it is annoying.
    I would rather say that it is time we realize that Funcom doesn't care abiut this bug...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

I thought this only happened to me...

been trying to figure out why it does this (finally find your much sought after item, click accept, window closes...and no mission) I have wondered whether it has to do with how much I am clicking around on the mission icons. Im thinking if I click the mission icon multiple times or if I click around back and forth through the icons alot, then I have problems. If i click it once to select it then hit accept, it usually works OK.

If we can figure out the exact scenario in which this problem always happens, then I'll bet we can get it fixed.

then again if it is just a random bug experienced by only a few people...I think we all know what we can expect.

hehe, i sat in Tir once I went through several missions because when I uploaded it to my map and check inside the mission and they both pointed to home. Then when I hit accept and uploaded it to my marker, I found that it was either going to Southern Foul Plains or Avalon. That is at the Tir grid machines. I usually get the ones that dont show up near Fair Trade in Tir, other than that, I've yet to have a problem at any of the others.
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

This seems to happen to me when I try to get three missions to blitz for items to use or sell. Too often it seems the second or third mission doesn't get accepted. It happens often enough that I usually only take one mission at a time to blitz now.

I wonder if using Win98SE and/or ClickSaver has anything to do with this.

It happens to me, and I don't really care. I'd rather see actual issues fixed than minor annoyances.

Have you every thought it may be because the missions are in the same building/door? The keys have problems when they all open the same door into different places. Put your keys in a bag and only keep one in your inv at a time. This seems to keep this problem from occurring.

Originally posted by Eurus
    Have you every thought it may be because the missions are in the same building/door? The keys have problems when they all open the same door into different places. Put your keys in a bag and only keep one in your inv at a time. This seems to keep this problem from occurring.
    Possibility I suppose. I haven't done any testing against it. But I'll try putting them in bags and seeing what happens. Would be kewl if that's all it is.

Cheers,
    Martek

This has happened to me in the past also, but not anymore. I use Clicksaver, so once I find a mission I want, I minimize ALL open windows (including the in game map) except the AO window. Then I click on the mission icon at least twice, then hit accept. It has never happened to me again.

-Net

No Eurus, that's not it. I blitz missions all the time many many many missions a day to make money and I rarely get missions in the same door. That's not it.

Ever since 13.9 patch they made it so you get more variety of missions each time you get a mission, and ever since then it's been bugged. Sometimes you won't get the mission when hitting accept... that would have NOTHING to do with it being in the same building, AND it worked flawlessly before 13.9 patch so that's not it. Another bug that Slickblue hit upon was how missions sometimes change their coord and what zone they're in after you've got them.

The thing that really annoys me is, people have posted about this for 8 f***ing patches now. EIGHT!!!

I've tested this to some degree and it only seems to happen when the mission is in the exact same location as another mission you already have.

I can reproduce this any time, so I guess it at least is connected to the location.

Rav

Lightbulb

This never(?) seems to happen when you have 0 missions uploaded, and rarely when you already have 1 mission uploaded. Very common though with 2 missions already uploaded.

Easiest way to minimize the probability that it will occur: never take 3 missions at once. Gimpy workaround, but it reduces the annoyance factor.
    Last edited by Inyuendo; Oct 30th, 2002 at 22:10:02.

I think it happens when you try to take 2 missions that are "too close together".

Ever since Funcom wanted to nerf us taking 3 missions at the same playfield this has been happening.

I'd like it fixed too... BUMP

John

Bug

This one really shouldn't be hard to reproduce. I lose about 1 of every 10 missions that I accept. As someone said, it only seems to happen if you've already got at least one mission. I'm not sure its because they're too close though. I've had missions in differing zones bug out on me like this.

Not sure if this is connected (could be), but after you finish a team mission, and leave it, the computer gives you the message that you are in the right zone for a mission and leaves the team mission x on the small map. Could these phantom left-overs be responsible?
    L58 Fixer RK1

Thumbs up

This is, really annoying, and deserve a bump.
    Levi "Gridguardian" Denk
    Unit Member of Shattered Clan
    RK2 - Clan Fixer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast