Thread: Low QL battlesuits?

Low QL battlesuits?

Does anyone have any information on these? RubiQuest lists a non-omni variant as low as QL 1, but I've certainly never seen one. Are they only dropped off certain enemies, or do they only reliably show up at higher QLs, or what?

Ignoring any comments about, "Bah, they're useless!" can I get some help here? ;) It fits a concept I have for a new character perfectly, and am wondering when/where I can expect to see one.

Shameless self-bump, in a pathetic attempt at an answer. ;)
    Obligatory character links:
    -------------------------
    Cyrboc, Jobian cyborg on lease to OmniPol (R-K 1)
    Evely, aqua knight! (R-K 2)

Bah, they're useless!

Seriously though, they are

The lowest QL Battlesuit I ever saw was around QL 50 Battered Battlesuit, they are found as mission rewards or the 'item to be described' in find object missions. 3 X nano cost for a suit of armor that is significantly inferior to same QL set of normal armor is ridiculous. This nano cost will stop you from wearing this armor just for fun even, as it is not only impossible to use nanos during combat but also extremely painful to buff in(taking it off to buff isnt an option either as it means standing motionless for over a minute to unequip then another minute to reequip..)

Furthermore the attack animations are messed up, your char will just stand there quivering most of the time, while the mob loses hp.

I honestly don't know why they are still in the game, noone uses them, the only good thing about them is that you can sell them for 50,000+ credits in the shops.