Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you level?

Why do you level?

Simple question. I can't make this a poll because there will be too many answers. But the question really is simple. What is your motivation to level?

Some exmaple answer types might include:
    never really though of it I just level
    I level to keep up with my friends so we can continue to team up
    I level because I want to be able to hit level 200
    I level so I can be better in PvP
    I level because I want ot be able to see <fill in the blank>
    etc.

I don't want to limit folks on there answer, but I'd like to see what kind of reason folks out there have for runnin the good 'ol treadmill.

Its a general competition, I plan on doing PvP in the future....and yeah I want to hit 200 but they are letting ppl go beyond that soon neway right?
    Slowness
    My Setup
    220/30/70 Enforcer
    Proud Advisor of KAZE

i once asked an even broader question when i was really unhappy with this game (still am to a certain extent): "why do you PLAY this game?" asked my guild leader, he said for notoriety, and renown. it wasn't too helpful (guess he was just too burdened with tells to help little me). i dont even know why i play this game anymore. therefore its even harder for me to answer why i level, when i level at all. i level because i want to use new things and talk with the big people as if i know something. most of my posts have no facts attached to them because i have no characters high enough to debate with them (alt makin machine here). i'll probably never get to high level because i barely have time to visit the forums in my busy work days.

so there you go, thats the most unique reason you'll get: to talk like a big man on the forums.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

My main is 171 MP atm.
    I have NO reason to level, i am same since 125+, using same nukes, pets, nanos since 60+ levels.
    I just level when i need some IPs to put a new weapon etc.

I want to level to get to the uber bosses.

Someday, I aspire to be the Furor of AO!

--
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

New toys to play with

To develop my character for her own sake
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

r u nubi?

lvl 2 b UBER

seriously though, I level for fun, when leveling is not fun (happens between 120-130 for me) and becomes work I do something else (normally make an alt and level throught he fun stages again).
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Purely accidental by product of being crazy.

If i level it's mostly because of team-play. Most of the time i am logged in lately is because of helping others. Will i reached 200? Dont know, its not what i need to reach. As long i have fun, i am staying. If the fun is gone, so am i.

Don't know why I really level, but it's because I've set myself some goals. For example, right now I have a pair of Mantis Scissors burning a hole in my backpack waiting for me to reach level 141.

That, and I like keeping up with my friends, but they all apparently have tons more time than I do, since they've all leveled at least 15 or 20 levels past me by now.

Sometimes, I don't even know why I play the game at all, since, to be honest, it isn't a super-constructive way to use my time, but that's my own gamer identity crisis I'm experiencing with all games (outside of Final Fantasy) and not how I expect most people to feel.
    Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier
    Xenobiologist and Explorer, 179 Adventurer
    Explorer 100%, Achiever 53%, Socializer 47%, Killer 0%

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife, the Anarchy Online bestiary!

Oh, another reason:

It's better than most of what's on TV
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Because sometimes I need a break from all the supermodels, exotic drugs, and jet setting.

Right.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

level for pvp here - pvp is only fun at level 74 for so long.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

At lvl 170 youve seen the same mobs for so long, teammissions just arent a enjoyable way to lvl anymore.

I went hunting around Belial, and SAV for some mobs to hunt.. found a soulstopper camp that was interesting...

lunaspells and greater greywolves are a challenge...

especially in the dark EEP!! help me help me Im afeared!

*/scared*

My goal is to take on The Pest area or Lujtor but I know I will need a good seasoned team for them.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Oh, another reason:

It's better than most of what's on TV
    i wish i could say that, but over here we have The Beautiful People's Channel*, which is pretty good watchin (and time wastin).

*MTV
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I do it for ......the ladies.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

To pass lvl caps and get new nanos. Also I like watching my dmg and crits go up with my atk rating, even though I can only raise secondary skills which effect it atm.

I level to do more tradeskills. By level 160-165 I hope to be able to build Virral eggs with the help of a Trader (and likely a Doctor). Lots of good tradeskill stuff coming with 14.7.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I level so my numbers go up.

I want my numbers to go up because eventually they'll stop going up and I can stop doing BS missions.

Hamster on a wheel, that's me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast