Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To all Pet Profs

Re: pathing

Originally posted by Sallust

Anyways I'll give them till a little while after Notum Wars is released to announced their plans for pet fixing or I'll start considering my days in AO limited.

I like my main advent, but after a while I'd get bored if I wasn't able to comfortably switch back to my MP.

Anyways, later.
    I call dibs on this one
    Can I have your stuff?

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

humm I thought pet pathing was schedualed for a 14.6 clean up... sigh

No, that was a TYPO.....

they meant...

Pet Casting, not Pathing.

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    [...]but an alternative to pet pathing (ie pets do not actually follow you, but dematerialize and rematerialize when you give the attack command) is going to be necessary.
    Bump

/Puus

Heh, anyone playing from beginning can see a BIG improvment in pet pathfinding... Here i must give the credit to FC. Sure its not completely solved, but as i said, very big improvment. Half year ago your pet coldn't move more then 5 rooms in missions without resumonning... now it almost always got thru. Even if pet got stuck, it will warp to you in about 1 min - not too bad... So all that show what FC indeed works at pathfinding...

Year in review

Well things have improved, but they stopped way short of where it needs to be in order to make pet dependent professions truly viable.

Yes my pets can make it through table rooms and don't get lost after EVERY room. They still can't make it through doorways leading into small rooms, have trouble negotiating corners, can't keep up with my speed, lose orders frequently... especially when fighting a boss, etc.

Plus the heal pet warps for me, but the others don't for some strange reason. Why does one pet warp and not the others?

Anyways it works rather well in missions, just when someone exclaims how powerful my pets are they just stop attacking and run away from their targets.

or someone asks me to have my pet tank the boss, but I go down the elevator and die because my pets can't remember to heal and guard or do it automatically. Why WOULDN'T I want my pets to be guarding (if not me then someone) and healing me?

Then there are all the other bugs... but blah I hope that is enough for one to understand. The pet bug list is a long series of posts in the MP forum.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12