Thread: Level 0, needs new stuff and guides

Exclamation Level 0, needs new stuff and guides

I see many movements for level 200 avatars, but no stuff for low level avatars and newbies.

Game have 0 documentation in fact, no true newbie guide. I'd discover there are dungeons for low-level avatars when I'd hit level 60. I imagine I will found same things for me when I will be above level 100. I do communicate with others I do read forums, but there are information under tons of empty trash talks.

I'd try E&B and there is guide even for level 75 avatars who are at half way to max level. Game is confusing as is so it will help gain new customers more if there will be help in progress and some sort of information about existing static missions and dungeons. I'd try AO first time year ago and I'd give it up before 7 day trial period == no income for FC. After seven months I'd try AO again, but still there was lack of guides. This time I'd goes thru because I'd found one person who did give me few secrets about game, but still I was unable to find any static mission or dungeon on mine own because I was pushed to do mission from mission terminals. Then I'd found article on board about living armor quest. It was too late for me because I was at level 50.

So this is real disadvantage in game. Someone did invest (FC developers) a lot of time for something what I even didn't found? I hate that kind of luxury. When I do buy program I do request good guide for program I want it for AO too. Sorry don't blame with that I need to find all itself or start running and abusing other players with questions!!!

I'd read designers answer in official forum, this is ridiculous talk about how he is lucky that no one nearly did discover dungeons in patch 14.5. They did work on these dungeons more than three months and only 1% of players do enter these dungeons? What a heck is it? Or only I do see that problem in big waste of human resources?

Arrow

Yep, we need a new improved and shiny paper and/or electronic manual. No disagreement there.

The in-game guides could be much better than they currently are.

There could be more Greeters... even people who can do a couple of hours a week would be helpful.

Bt not everything should be told, some things players need to discover for themselves.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I agree that the documentation on this could be much better.
    Today you will miss out on a lot of information unless you are in a guild, where people share information like that.

However, not everyone, and certainly not new players, are in a guild.

And in-game documentation barely exists.

What would be the best solution ? Personally I much prefer in game documentation over websites and manuals...one of the coolest solutions I can think of would be some sort of library or university where new players could go read booths, books, plaques or whatever giving basic gameplay information.

There should be one of these in every major city.

These might also be a natural place for higher level players to come and educate those who wish to be educated.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Just found another relevant thread here : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=62027
    Last edited by Seid; Oct 24th, 2002 at 14:58:58.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !