Thread: Words of thought for the CoA !!!

Exclamation Words of thought for the CoA !!!

Watch your Thoughts
    They become Words...

Watch you Words
    They become Actions...

Watch your Actions
    They become Habits...

Watch your Habits
    They become your Character...

Watch your Character
    It becomes our Destiny.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Cool

then supposedly, following this logic, if I think that clans will unite it will be so, and to extend this, if I think that the clans will unite under CoA it will be so? I like this

Let us start this discussion anew. From fresh ground. I know not the previous history of neither WE nor CAS nor CoA as it was before I joined CAS. Sure I read the news but it is clear that there is more to it than the news let us know.

And yet, I know what the CoA of today stands for. What are its reasons, aspirations and goals. Let us start a discussion based on facts as they stand since the resurfacing of CoA, the second birth so to speak.

I have always been in favour of multilateral approach. And I hearby invite you and anybody* else who wishes to join with open arms. We shall discuss real issues and take real actions. If all you want to do is talk and claim that you work for common good yet we know nothing of what you do, how you do it and why, then obviously there is nothing to discuss. But if you have an open mind and a sense of realism, then it is open to us to unite the clans like never before.

I think Rubi-Ka will be free, therefore it will be so

Long Live the Clans!

* Clans only!
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Long live the clans! Long live the CoA!

then supposedly, following this logic, if I think that clans will unite it will be so, and to extend this, if I think that the clans will unite under CoA it will be so? I like this
    Unfortunately not...
    You seemed to have missed the logic and point in this..
    So far CoA's words have been that of War... (your claim defense)
    CoA's actions that of agression...
    CoA's habits as self-serving...
    CoA's character as terrorist...
    CoA's destiny is to be seen.. as are that of the Clans..
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Your formulaic verse and patronizing demeanor means nothing.

A military base is not a terrorist target; it is a military taget.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

actally, I would have to go with terrorist attack for that one. The CoA has not (to my knowledge, but I may have missed it) declared war on Omni-Tek, but suddenly decides to take out a legal OT base, that has been there along time, and has not yet been used for offensive operations against the clans, and the CoA's is yet to show us any evidence that it was GOING to be used for offensive operations. So untill the CoA's actually declares war on Omni-Tek, all its operations such as that could be, quite rightly, viewed as terrorist attacks (terrorists do sometimes attack military targets, not often, as they actually have a chance of fighting back, and most terrorists dont seem to like that idea)

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Hmmm, Enri

Does that mean that any clan base is also a valid military target, that can be attacked at any time without any form of prior provocation??

And if so, as you also say it's a military target, I recon that would make you and your rebel fellows in the Council of War (CoA) military personel too? If not military personel, then what? Terrorists is the other description that would fit civilians attacking military targets.

If so, then your logic makes further set you and your rebel friends, (as you of course not are terrorists), as military personell. And that again would make you, following your logic viable targets.

Am I correct??

CoA, CAS, they try to fool the clanners into thinking they are defending them. When there are no threats to defend from, they try to fool Omni-Tek into thinking it is the the fault of all clans for the unprovoked attacks to create the threat.

Yet the clans are not decieved. Omni-Tek is not decieved. The only people they are decieving are themselves.

Your time is up.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I wonder, on a related note, what the Knights Clan and Lord Galahad think about the CoA engaging in quite possibly illegal military operations on their territory. I'm making an educated guess, but it seems that the CoA didn't ask for permission from the Knights before launching their attack.

If I were one of the Knights, I would see this as a serious breach of my Clan's soveriegnty and territorial rights, or at very least a highly disrespectful act by the CoA. I hope Lord Galahad will step forward and clarify this situation.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Moradus
    If so, then your logic makes further set you and your rebel friends, (as you of course not are terrorists), as military personell. And that again would make you, following your logic viable targets.
    Last time I recall, OT personell had me pushing up daisies without a second thought, and without supposed "provocation." Those guards will shoot anyone who comes within range of their slave-made weapons. If indeed this base is for "peace", why does it need guards?

It is a dagger in the heart of Clan territory and must be surgically removed.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Enri

Last time I recall, OT personell had me pushing up daisies without a second thought, and without supposed "provocation." Those guards will shoot anyone who comes within range of their slave-made weapons. If indeed this base is for "peace", why does it need guards?

It is a dagger in the heart of Clan territory and must be surgically removed.
    Tell you what. You get your clanner guard pals to stop shooting at me when I get into range. Then I'll see what I can do about Omni guards.

What's that you say, you can't? No dice then.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Why in the name of christ would OT guards stop shooting at Clanners who try to enter OTRK territory? We're not in open warfare, yet, but the clan is still a hostile threat that is concidered armed and extremely dangerous. So why would we let people like that into peaceful OTRK territory? You people would probably have bombs strapped to your backs and would bring your terorist activites into peoples homes. Not only are the guards gonna keep opening fire on you clanners, but hopefully we're get a lot more of them there.

I am sorry things have come to that point, but with every terrorist attack on peaceful OTRK property and personel, those hostile clan factions are driving a permanent wedge between OTRK and those few clan factions that want peace.

((OOC:On a side note, are you out of your DAMNED mind not seeing those acts as terrorist acts? The pentagon should be considered a military target, does that mean the people who dies there on sept 11 deserved to die? I really hope your only Roleplaying your deluded views of facts. Otherwise...damn))

Keep screaming "Terrorism" you might start to make sense.

(OOC: Iceman, you should consider everyone on the storyline board to be RPing, my RL political views are none of your damn business and I would never bother to waste my breath arguing with AO players about them. Write an editorial or something; that statement has nothing to do with AO.)
    Last edited by Enri; Oct 26th, 2002 at 22:08:59.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

((OOC: I thought the RP board was considered roleplaying? Guess i was wrong...))

(OOC: I apologize for coming off too abrasive, but since there is a keen separation between reality and fantasy, AO being the latter, it would only be natural to RP discussions about the storyline. I just think it is rather unfair to everyone to attempt to cross fantasy and reality.)
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

[OOC: I always kind of considered the Story Discussions board to be essentially OOC, and for the discussion of things that our characters wouldn't know, think of, or say - things like the Omegas, for example, and the book Prophet Without Honor. But IC threads aren't really out of place here either; I try to keep my IC and OOC comments seperated by thread here.]
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Greetings Cy. Give *hugs* to Nel for me.

This constitutes a cross-post perhaps, but in any event here it is (for it is related to this lol):

--------------------------

Very interesting post Savoy, with insightful and enjoyable OOC points hehe.

Yes, it is difficult--as in real life--to objectively assess the situation in RK--whether in fact RK as Corporate Rule is unacceptably oppressive to the dignity and natural rights (for lack of a better concept) of clanners and neutrals, whether clanners are in fact power-hungry bravados, and whether the neutrals are--who knows?--lol.

Of the facts, these seem to be certain: a Corporate conglomerate--the ICC--appears to be the ultimate power- that-be, the ICC leases the planet to the OT Corp, and there are lots of people on the planet that do not want OT Corporation to govern them. In short, RK has a population diverse in its thinking and values.

However, it seems to me that whatever the facts are relating to the past, a decision about the future needs to be made, a decision which must transcend acts committed in the past. A decision relating to a governing structure--a form of society--that minimizes the amount of corruption, cronyism, and abuse of power, and maximizes the safeguards and freedoms required to enable diverse peoples the freedom of expression and the pursuit of prosperity. Rule by a corporation is perhaps the least optimal in attaining these optimal social goals, for corporations in essense focus their energies on profit maximization, not on maximization of the social aspirations of diverse peoples. Corporate structures are also prone to concentration of power, cronyism, and thus corruption. In short, corporate rule is perhaps the least desirable of any future governing society for RK.

Which is why CAS and the CoA have embraced a Republican vision for RK, and why I have requested input relating to this fundamental issue as to RK's future. I am sorry that you are appalled Kithrak at the invitation to join CoA. Here is an opportunity to attempt to persuade without bloodshed clanners who you think are misguided. CoA embraces a Republican vision, and considers itself a deliverer of freedoms and republican virtues. I am agreed that CAS's past has been more violent and shady, but it's leadership has grown and is not satisfied with shedding blood for ignoble causes or indeed for anything that cannot be tied to a positive social good for all peoples. Organizations often outgrow their labels, and in CAS's case it has been so.

Thus, I put forward the question again: what is the future for RK? Is it Rule by a Corporation, or Rule by Freely Elected Representatives of all of the wonderfully diverse peoples of RK?
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Perhaps you and your leader need to exchange notes? I say this because at a recent Clan Leader meeting, Redruum clearly stated that CoA was no longer interested in playing an active role in the potential formation of a government for the Clans. In fact, his stance was that CoA was to be the military force...and any decisions about governing of the Clans would be left to the leaders.

Personally, I don't think you guys have a clue what you stand for other than "let's kill some Omni's." Of course, that's just my opinion.

Or, is it?
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

My present understanding is this: the CoA has become a military alliance whose end goal is to bring Republicanism to RK. Thus, it is no longer attempting to establish itself as a governing structure. But the CAS vision is clear and simple: Republicanism and representative government for all, regardless of faction.

Clan unity seems paramount to me at the moment. But equally importnat is unity among all fair-minded residents in RK who desire the fruits of Republicanism. This has been CAS policy recently, to the apparent surprise of many.

Are there enough clanners who can share this Vision and agree to a rudimentary organizational attempt at self-governance? Perhaps one that includes sympathetic Omni and Neutrals? This is what I desire, and what I believe CAS and Redruum desire, despite precedents to the contrary.

The issue as to a cease-fire has recently split the clans, and should be addressed anew. However, this issue should be relegated in importance to the more fundamental question as to what the fighting is all about--what is the reason for it ultimately? Clanners and others I would hope could unite around pragmatic Republican virtues, and then--operating under those principles--abide by consensus decisions as to policy--such as whether a cease-fire serves the Common Good.

Perhaps a chatbot channel--"Voice of the Republic"--could be created to at least open a forum for like-minded inhabitants--hopefully open to members of any faction.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

We stand

The CoA stands for all that the Clanners fought and died for escaping the Notum mines 475 years ago. Our stance is pro Freedom. And freedom through the establishment of a Republican government for the whole of Rubi-Ka. Without a government where everyone is represented we will never be able to acheive balance. The CoA does not in anyway want to be this government. The goal of the CoA is merely to protect the clans until a time that such a government is established. If a Republican government is established, and the CoA is ordered to disband, we will comply. But we will only recognize the authority of a Republican government approved by the citizens of Rubi-Ka. This means Omni, Neutral, and Clan alike. The CoA is here to protect our freedom, and wants nothing in return.

If you still have questions on where we stand you may contact me in game or go to the CoA website to which there is a link on the CAS main site.