Thread: Question on PvP points affecting fixers and killers of fixers

Question on PvP points affecting fixers and killers of fixers

Many times when I have casted an evac in pvp and pvm the nano is casted successfully, my health and nano are dropped to 1, but before I get the changing area message I get the 'You were killed by weapon damage' message.

Usually this is because someone gets a shot in after the nano is executed successfully, but because of lag they get it in BEFORE the game realizes I need to be transported into a different playfield (the grid). I never die because of this, I always end up in the grid, but I have been wondering if the player who supposedly 'killed' me would get any points for their supposed 'kill' and if I lost any points. Because we cannot check to see our own personal pvp 'points' I cannot find this out for myself.

Thanks,
    Streaz
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

I've gotten a few lag crits off on fixers after they gridded before, and that I can remember I never got credit for it...

that could be because I rarely get credit for anything but...
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

ive gotten that too, just as long as the nano casts before you are hit again you will be evac'd..even while you are reduced to 1/1 hp/nano that won't let someone hit u for a special or something and instant kill you. It will say u are hit for damage exceeding 1 point, however the game realizes you are being transported to another playfield and you do not lose points. It's just lag, i've stayed in 1/1 nano/hp evac mode for as long as 5 seconds before it ports me and specials are unleashed..however, i have noticed that my hp dropped way faster than i had seen, so its possible those specials came BEFORE and were just coming then, and did the same damage to you.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I've gotten that while zoning out of 2ho after getting jumped. I got "you have died" message, but appeared on the other side with all my items and no rez.

I have no clue if I lost points though.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Actually happened to me once after zoning. I heard death music right as I zoned, then I went to the other side with items and everything, but 0 hp. I sat and healed back up, and thought things were allright... I walked around for about 20 seconds and talked to a friend of mine... then i fell down dead. :P It was lame.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Had that during the 'ol in-grace-attack-with-specials time. Zoned in at Aces camp in EFP (yeah yeah I know stupid), 5 clanners there, attacked me, ran to that house, heard deathscream but zoned other side in rest, xp lost and items in res.

Had to petition and GM Belith zoned me "savely" to reclaim.
    Last edited by Letah; Oct 25th, 2002 at 10:25:58.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions