Thread: Ups and downs

Lightbulb Ups and downs

Brothers and Sisters of the Clans!

Today's VoF has an interesting article reported by a member of Vox Populi. It describes how clanners were abducted, brutally beaten and one clanner executed - all of this done by Omni-Tek employees. I trust the fact, that the article was written by the same clan that so recently was an ardent opponent of any calls to common defense through unity and urged CoA to desist, will provide a new and irrebuttable proof of the nature, character and the spirit of Omni-Tek and an answer to all opponents of the CoA within the Clans.

I also trust that those who suffered that ignoble attack will gain a new appreciation for the concepts of 'unity' and 'common defense'. I believe that this attack is merely another clear and unambiguos illustration of the true intentions of Omni-Tek.

Brothers and Sisters of the Clans! It is not yet too late. Unite under the banner of Council of Ares to provide common defense for all the clans. Time is much to precious to sit around the table and listen to a group of windbags whine about their failed hopes and unaccomplished desires. Omni-Tek will not wait or go away. It is here, now. We will either deal with the situation or pass into the annals of history as a people who lost what they gained at such a high price. Inaction and bickering will only further worsen the clan's situation. It is time to unite and become a strong force that can defend itself from aggression and slavery. Then we will negotiate with the Omnis, as equals, not as dogs begging for scraps from the master's table.

Unite and be free! Long Live the Clans!
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

I'm going to keep countering these

obvious self-serving pieces of rhetoric...just a warning.

Right "unite under CoA"...just like you all did before only to have CoA leadership roll over for the CoT as explained by Nursebetti.

CoT: "Oh please you bad CoA, disband so we the mighty CoT can rise up from our pitiful state and continue to lead."

CoA Leadership: "Of course Oh Mighty Ones, right away, terribly sorry we opposed you. We'll disband despite the fact that we convinced so many fellow Clans we were their unifying force."

Give me a freaking break. Are you actually serious about anyone believing CoA will "unify the Clans"?

Fact: CoA leadership was recently invited to a meeting of Clan leaders.
    Fact: CoA leadership attended a meeting of Clan leaders.
    Fact: CoA leadership participated in a vote on a cease-fire.
    Fact: CoA leadership voted for NO cease-fire.
    Fact: The cease-fire vote passed anyway.
    Fact: CoA leadership didn't get their way so went directly against the vote and attacked OT facilities.

This you call "unifiying the Clans"?
    It THIS how you envision a unified Clan to operate? If it doesnt go your way you thumb your nose at the rest of us and go off on your own?

I'm sorry, CoA is NOT to be taken seriously (they've proven it once already) and this is the most pitifiul self-agrandizing rhetoric I've ever read.

You are spending quite a bit of energy calling for the CoA to go away.

What are you proposing as an alternative? You say you don't favor the CoT either, so what exactly do you favor?

Where is your effort to unite the clans?
    Where is your effort to provide a stable leadership for the clans?
    Where is your effort to endure that our children will be free and not sent back to the mines?

What do you offer to the clans 'General' Nelida?

At least the CoA is offering to defend the clans in a united front. You are offering words.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Originally posted by Nursebetti

What are you proposing as an alternative? You say you don't favor the CoT either, so what exactly do you favor?

Where is your effort to endure that our children will be free and not sent back to the mines?

At least the CoA is offering to defend the clans in a united front. You are offering words.
    CoA is offering to the Clans an opportunity to attack Omni-Tek in a united front.

Some Clans may agree and participate. Many others do not and will not. Because of those many exceptions to the CoA's self-proclaimed rule, the CoA is not representative of all the Clans.

There is a difference between attack and defense, a line between aggression and preservation. The CoA's actions clearly and consistently show that it is an aggressor, not a preserver, and its use of inconsistent rhetoric and selective history provides a screen behind which that fact is obscured.

If the CoA is serious about leading the Clans, they can begin by acting responsibly and showing respect to the positions and opinions of Clanners who don't agree with them. As it stands, it's clear to the rest of us that the CoA only cares to listen to 'yes-men' when it comes to how to approach the situation on Rubi-Ka.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Angry Damn, how many times do I have to repeat myself

CoA is only an offer to unite in common defense. It seems that everytime I say this, it is ignored and people's own unfounded ideas are substituted for what CoA represents. This ranting and whining is honestly not getting us anywhere. I would like to hear something concrete. You think I am wrong - I am always open to your point of view and any ideas that you may have. Concrete suggestions is perhaps a word I am looking for. I am not interested in a talk shop, I am interested in ways you suggest that will provide for my and everyone else's common security. I am all ears. I can of course be also contacted in game.
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Holder of Pie
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

More lame rhetoric Betti?

"defend"? by attacking a base that has always been there? That is a "defense" of our lands? It what warped view of the world is that?

The group of Clan leaders that YOU participated in was a damn good start at unity. YOU participated then YOU threw it away when it didn't go YOUR way. Notice how it always seems to be about YOU, YOU and YOU? Self-agrandizement at its best; the CoA way.

CoA already showed us its so-called 'leadership'... they came, talked alot then went quietly away like a wipped puppy dog when CoT told them to go. Wonderful leadership. How many of you strong brave Clans want more of that same leadership?

Attack me and I defend myself.
    I don't attack without provocation.
    Where has the provocation been that led to the CAS attack?

Originally posted by Nursebetti

The facts

Let's not confuse the facts here Figh, as you so often do.

I am a member of Vox Populi, but that does not mean my words to you are the words of the Organization I serve.

Odd that one can point out your two-face deceptions, where you have to speak vaguely of my truths to make them sound like deceptions.

Oh and lets not forget that words, while sometimes wasteful, have a tendancy to save lives.

Why doesn't the CoA go and clean out the mutants around the gates of Tir, they are a threat that the clans need to be defended from.

-Jakal
    As an independent citizen
    Last edited by Jakal; Oct 24th, 2002 at 17:34:33.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

My friend,

when I speak in my personal capacity I say so.
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Holder of Pie
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

I see little or no reports of attacks from us in Omni-Tek here or other places Fiqh, yet you call your fellow clanners to rally behind the banners of the CoA.

You call them to rally behind banners for "unity" and "defense". Yet it is just these banners we in Omni-Tek see time after time raiding our outposts and bases.

It is YOU, the CoA and CAS *chuckle*, that do your best with provocations and raids to start a war. I am glad many clanners see through you, and see your need for personal glory and fame.

If you where really interested in continued peace and for the lives and wellbeing of your fellow clanners, you would stop your raids and put away your war banners.

Stop trying to hide your wishes for war and battle behind fake concern. You have even called your council up after the old good of war. Why so, if you do not wish for a war to occur?

When you choose to use the trials and tribulations of an organization, Figh, be very certain that organization is an ally in your endeavours.

Do not use our deeds to rally your war behind. Do not hoist our bloody flag so that you may use it to rouse the rabble to death. Jakal's remarks were posted long after the attack on our people.. There is no 'new respect' to be learned on our parts. There is everything to be learned on yours. Patience. Wisdom. Temperance. Intelligence...

Sorry, that slipped out.

Your words mark you as clearly as nothing and no one else could.
    Vox Populi will not be dragged down with you and your, ahem, Anarchist Syndicate.

These words are my personal opinion, not that of my Organization. This makes them no less strong...

Jacqulyn 'Strathchylde' Caldon
    Vox Populi
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

The above words in this post are Strathchylde's IC beliefs, words, or comments, and are NOT to be taken as her player's personal thoughts. If it is a personal post, it is Strathchylde's personal post. If it becomes an OOC post, it will be duly noted.

You do realize that every attack you make on us, OTRK, will bring you one step closer to war, right? You really want a war? You want the destruction of our respected beloved cities? That's what it will come down to. And when the Notum stops to flow, then you'll have every other major faction in the galaxie down your throat for causing an instability in the galactic economy. ICC presence is growing by the minute, and i've seen many clanners attack ICC personel. So you want a war with OTRK, a war with ICC, hell...why not throw in every other major corporation out there. Yeah...the clan cannot be defeated, you can take on all enemies.

Keep digging...your almost deep enough to be burried.

Sadly I couldn't agree with Iceman more.

We can't cast stones, it will only lead to the clans getting stepped on. Stop ralling for war so openly, or at least do a better job hiding the fact that you are ralling for war.

-Jakal
    As a private citizen
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Omni speaks in such tones because they are terrified.

*I* will not rest until every slave-driver has been deposed and all people on Rubi-Ka are unified under a Republic for those people. Those who are opposed are terrified of change: too cowardly to stand up to a bureaucracy that will take appropriate advantage of them when they bend over. If we simply declare peace, OT will simply spread their tentacles from within... the same way they gained power so long ago.

The Omni's are speaking against us because, yes, we are a threat. But if the clans stop bickering and unite in the name of freedom, Omni Tek employees will also be saved.

"Every angel is terrifying"
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

It is obvious that you don't fully comprehend the situation on Rubi-Ka Enri.

I'm not terrified of the clans, nor am I afraid of change. You talk of a Republic of Rubi-Ka, like it would be obvious that such a republic would get the lease of the planet. Yes that is right, the lease.

Or do you forget that there is a lease?? A lease given by the ICC, and that lease is up for renewal. What do you really think will happen if the Omni-Tek's lease is not renewed. Do you really belive that it will be given to the "Repulic" that you talk about?

Why do you think that Sol Banking Corporation and Truespace is so "concerned" about the situation on Rubi-Ka?? Do you think they are concered about you?? Do you think that if OT's lease is not renewed that the SBC will not fight to get this lease?? What will you do then clanners.

You live in a misconception that if you can only overthrow OTRK, Rubi-Ka will be yours to rule and control. I doubt very much that this will be the case. Look back at the history, at the Corporate Wars. Your ancestors put all aside and together with OTRK, forced SBC and Truespace forces off the planet.

Do you once more want to see the mechanised troops and war-machines of SBC bring destruction to Rubi-Ka.

No Enri, it is not you clanners that I am afraid. It am afraid of the day when SBC and Truespace will launch an attack, and claim it was to secure the stability of the notum mining.

Think before you act..... Don't be a CoW