Thread: A bot walks into a room.....

Talking A bot walks into a room.....

I was doing a solo mission in a Lush Fields cavern last night with my engineer.

I send my bot into the next room to attack the MOB. The bot actually makes it into the room. After about a minute, I open the door up, and discover that the MOB is on one side of the SIGN in the middle of the room, and that my bot is on the other side of the SIGN. As best I can tell, they are sitting down, having a nice chat about the weather.

If the sign in the middle of the room is going to screw up pet pathing, please remove it.

hehe, I know all about this, hehe It's so annoying when the pet never know where you are, it's ruin my gameplay using a pet so I have stopped using my pet in teams.

Krabbus, 153 MA Engineer

My bot has discovered stealth technology

So, last night, I'm doing a mission in 20k with my engi, and I discover that my bot has romulan stealth technology.

I've cleared most of the level, and am running around, trying to find the last few MOBs. Target a MOB, look around, and discover that my BOT isn't there. Ok, no problem, I'll just trace my route back to find the bot humping the wall. Can't find him.

Ok, so I do a /pet report and discover that the bot is in the same room as I am. Move around a bit, and discover that the bot is moving with me for a change. Send the bot in to attack the MOB, and it says it's attacking, but does no damage to the MOB, who just looks confused.

My only possible conclusion. The BOT's are discovering stealth technology, and will soon being taking over Omni-tech. Maybe they already have, and Ross is just being controlled by an invisible BOT puppet master

Sapphireblue

Just let the invisible bot fight. Eventually, the mob will just fall over and you'll get exp.

Edit: I actually look forward to seeing this bug hit my pet. My pet paths rather well when it's in stealth mode. lol
    Last edited by Harammer; Oct 25th, 2002 at 06:43:49.