Thread: Low-Tech armor (mainly helm)

Low-Tech armor (mainly helm)

is this intended to roll as a mission reward in mission levels 1-100?

I have noticed that I can roll lower level missions for it (ex. level 87) but not higher (ex. 113).

has anyone seen this appear in high level missions?

is there a cap on the QL of low-tech armor that appears as mission rewards? the DB shows it goes to QL 200

*blink*

Why would you want Low-Tech armor at high levels?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

The fact that the DB goes to 200 doesn't say much. Many types of armor have a certain range up to, or starting from a certain level. The two sets of values corresponding with the QL1 and QL200 versions in the DB are used to interpolate the values for all QLs in between.

Also, many types of armor have different versions. For example, Decus armor under 100 is called Senpai Decus (primus, secundus or tertius), while above 100, it is called Hanshi Decus.

The reason Kenlon is blinking, btw (), is because Low-tech armor isn't very good, really. If you're going for mid-higher level armor, a much better AGI/STR armor would be, for instance, Flowers tech. That starts at QL75 and goes all the way up to 200.

Hope this helps some.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

I am fully aware of the inferiority of the armor, thanks

thx for reply, mharc

I've found a few ql150+ tech armor helms as single mission rewards, although they dont seem to spawn frequnetly.

So yeah, they do spawn above ql100, but it often takes me 30 mins to find a single mission for one.

ps. not everyone cares about what the most powerul armor is in the game. Style surely counts for something Tech helms go very well with carbo armor, and dont give you the 'Oh man he's an ugly sucker!' look that the carbo helms do
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

great! thanks for confirming this

after trying to roll for a 113 helm for 10 mins or so with nothing, I decided to roll ANYTHING low-tech for about 10 mins and still got nothing, so i became concerned

Actually I think Basic Tech (or advanced Tech) armor looks really cool *Cough flowers gay pink girl color*

Had my atrox all dressed up in it, until I realised how poor the ac was. *Thumbs up for good looks*
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Low Tech or Basic/Augmented Tech?

Low Tech armor is complete garbage and available only under QL 100. It looks like crap too.

Basic/Augmented Tech is available up to QL200. It's the armor neut (and some clan) guards wear. It's only slightly inferior to Flowers.... it's weakness being Cold and Poison ACs.

I think Hangtown is referring to the latter.

hehe, I have seen Q1 bloodbat in the database roflol
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

i see. i was referring to only low-tech

thx miir