Thread: New graphics for booster??

Unhappy New graphics for booster??

I've yet to see screenshots of the updated graphics for the booster pack that we were promised. Starting to wonder if there wont be any updated graphics.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

www.ao-basher.com

they have quite a few.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Well, I've seen those screenshots and the only new things are the towers, yalms and the space station, but thats not exactly updated graphics, its the same old graphics we are used to be seeing, and we'll be able to see that even without the booster.

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

OOGA BOOGA.

the graphics are fine.... what do u want?

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

I thought they said the graphics engine was getting some optimizations, not an update to the graphics themselves.

Hrm, actually, yea. FC has been fairly tight-lipped about whatever graphics engine updates they are doing. At this point, I would suspect that anything new you'll see will be some lighting and effects additions. It's hard to tell, because AO has some pretty bloody spiffy special effects that we rarely (if ever) see. The "lasers" bouncing between the towers in the new screenshots may be something new, though the discs are pretty standard.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't expect some big revolution in how the models and landscape are rendered. I know they HAVE been working on updating the graphics engine for some time, but I think the general line is more how much they have completed in time to ship.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

While the graphics in AO currently are nice, I would not mind them updating the models a bit. Perhaps add some graphical difference to some of the armors that currently look the same but have different names(not variations of the same armor, but it would be nice if you could actually see that the worn metaplast armor is worn.) and the same thing concerning weapons. Heck, I wish they'd throw in some new faces while they are at it.

.....Nothing wrong with dreaming....

OOGA BOOGA.

We see the pet casters in 14.6 get their pets. Maybe the graphical enhancements can be new npc models. All they need do is randomly assign say a meta mob with an ID at the server between 1 and 10 and he can look like that model which would be contained within the enhanced graphocs engine.

Downside... whos a team mate and whos a mob *shrugs*
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by TanisAS

Downside... whos a team mate and whos a mob *shrugs*
    The mob is the one beating on you with some sort of weapon, most probably...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Well, the 14.6 patch (booster without boosterstuff) has changed the graphics loading, it seems like.

Now, it looks like polys are actually being loaded closest first, resulting in Hidden Surface Removal in video drivers actually working.

That means a bit higher frame rates in cities, especially when facing a blank wall up close. =)

I'm noticing an improved framerate on test as well, though it's difficult to tell whether it's the engine or the lower population that caused it.

I do know that I can fly through 20K with totally smooth framerates on test (in 1280x960, 32-bit max detailed textures). No crowd, of course.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

sadly

I dont think the graphics update you want is the graphics update that they promised.

I have a pretty uber machines that playes any game on the market smoothly. I would love to see AO take advantage of my system.

I seriously think it wont happen for some time. Maybe in Shadowlands will you get the real graphics update you want, that uses more of your graphics card.

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened