Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Crat in your team...how helpfull or useless?

Charles yes! so its not just me

yes charles thats us in a nut shell.
    ive just started a crat..they really are fun..BUT
    i have found the same..i rocked da house with my chalms and mezz and deep red pet ..but as i got to lvl 50 title cap i watched to my horror as my pets turned to dark orange then light and my chalms failed because of the low psycol regs. in short i was slowly gimped...it took a lot of hard shopping and buffing and ~REALLY uber implants to get even a dark orange pet back..and all i can do in team is xp buff and mezz(which i never do because of nano techs and traders who dont even know thats what im geared for)
    but sorry for the small whine off topic..crats are really fun to play.
    there are just not enough nanos to fill the gaps when u are moveing from your lower chalm nano to the higher one

Originally posted by calvara

but i thought you loved EVERYONE deacon
    I love you....and your sexy feet...yum
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

just more reason to bring a crat along.

It's not soloing if you have to bring along another person, is it?

I'll dare to differ you Miir. It won't be impossible. I'm fairly sure I'll be able to clear a main room of any mission I can clear today. And I don't rely on calms or roots in the first room, for that, they simply fail too often.

What I was talking about is.... fighting a pet profession is like fighting 3 mobs now on test. Pets do rougly double the damage of thier owners. Metas mobs now deal pretty high damage as it is.. adding a deep red pet basically triples the damage.

Any profession that can't calm will have their soloing abilities seriously nerfed. Even playing my trader on test, I barely calm most pets (takes 2-4 tries usually) before my HP is down to 30-40%.
    If mob pets go live without some serious tweaking, crats will become the new flavour of the month profession. Only NTs, Traders and crats will be able to solo misisons effectively.

I think mob pets in team missions only might be pretty cool. it will put calmers in high demand (which isnt a bad thing).

And you've been asked to leave kill teams as you lower the damage output of a team? Killing the new high level mobs consist of doc + tank teams. With the minimal crowd control I can do, it is not needed for me to be in a team so the doc can look after me.

Crats can deal decent damage but have never been a top tier damage dealing profession. Can't really expect to deal damage on par with Soldier, Enforcer, MA or Advent.

You could always go solo the Den Mantis Queen huh?

Well i had a bad crat experience the other day.

This 1 crat thought that his sole job was to run ahead and calm everything. thats it. Not a nuke no weapon no pet he wouldn't even stay close enough for the team to benefit from his speech.

never meet such a total waste of team space. Gave up a spot for a 9% crit buff. I play a trader so not like his calms were necessairy. Especially since we were a 150+ group.

Well 1 bad crat isn't gonna do in all the good ones a
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Miir
    [BCrats can deal decent damage but have never been a top tier damage dealing profession. Can't really expect to deal damage on par with Soldier, Enforcer, MA or Advent.[/B]
    True, not individually but adding a Crat to a 5 person Sol/Enf/MA team may up total damage more than adding another Sol/Enf/MA. After all 2 MA's cannot stack crit buffs but a Crat adds 100 Offense to all members on top of Masteries, MoP, etc.

(If my numbers are right, going from a 900 AR to a 1000 AR adds at least 7.7% more damage x 5 teammates. Maybe more since there will be slightly fewer misses/more crits.)

A well equipped and buffed Crat could do comparable damage with Rule of One, an obedient pet and good weapon choice.

Originally posted by Miir

Crats can deal decent damage but have never been a top tier damage dealing profession. Can't really expect to deal damage on par with Soldier, Enforcer, MA or Advent.

You could always go solo the Den Mantis Queen huh?
    That was exactly my point. Crats aren't supposed to be a main damage dealer, but that's what this games forces them to do. You either heal or you do damage. I'm talking about high levels outside the xp environment.

And I probably could solo the mantis queen. I'd have to change my imps around and lose the use of my best charms and speeches to get rid of my green bot, but I could chain enough pets at the queen to kill her eventually. This would take a long time and if I was smart I'd just blitz some missions and buy the eggs. If I was even smarter, I'd kill the queen with some friends and have a much more enjoyable time. The old content is crat friendly, the new stuff is not.
    Last edited by Rebbeca; Oct 25th, 2002 at 21:01:29.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Intrepid
    This 1 crat thought that his sole job was to run ahead and calm everything. thats it. Not a nuke no weapon no pet he wouldn't even stay close enough for the team to benefit from his speech.

Especially since we were a 150+ group.
    So he did zero damage. Bah! Well he gimped his XP awards. But at 150+ even Docs are expected to do damage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123