Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Crat in your team...how helpfull or useless?

Question A Crat in your team...how helpfull or useless?

I am curious about other professions oppinions about the Crat usefullness in teams, i'd like some good oppinions, not somthing like "they suk"!" or "they rock!", let me know why you like them or why not. Im looking for oppinions from all level ranges, but mostly i am curious about the 150+ people.

Post away

Hello im currently level 116 adv, In the past couple of weeks the times that I amd teaming and doing missions that are level 180+ with out a doc usally a crat can help out alot, a NT can aswell but not as effective a a crat, the problem i have noticed is when either Engi's, Enf's or Adv's(like me) have damage sheilds running on our person and the crat cant mezz the mob since it(the dmg sheild) keep breaking it(the mezz). and hey the Xp buff and the new Xp save buff in next patch are preatty nice to have around as well.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Well, in the low end game... Crtats rule. At the high end game... well, no profession is really needed, since no mob is a danger anymore.

But my lvl 90 guy right now... he loves crats.. my lvl 175 guy... doesnt matter to him who is in the team.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

165 crat here my role in team is mostly to buff everyone's XP and run a speech...Then i'm just an additionnal damage dealer (using a snakemaster with a 8% VE) Calming is quite hard because everyone has reflect shields/bracers and enf/adv/engies have their damage shields...but i'm still very usefull in rooms with 2 Real Mean Convict

In Dynacamps (where only boss is immune to calms/...) we simply rock because of Area Calm/Root (Traders have an area root too)

In harder camps like Primus Camp in EFP, crats are still very nice even if most mobs cant be calmed....Charms, Roots & Snare can help a lot

For uniques-mobs-spawning-every-18-hours camping, get an IEC Flashpoint and a good team with Flashpoints too
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Arrow

Crats : xp buff, speeches, calms, charms, a pet, a gun.

Sounds good to me
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

1-140 levels you ara add controller
    140-200 you are one of the damage maker.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Re: A Crat in your team...how helpfull or useless?

Originally posted by Marcell
    I am curious about other professions oppinions about the Crat usefullness in teams, i'd like some good oppinions, not somthing like "they suk"!" or "they rock!", let me know why you like them or why not. Im looking for oppinions from all level ranges, but mostly i am curious about the 150+ people.

Post away
    150+

Everyone loves the +9% xp, makes leveling a little bit faster.

If no MA, everyone loves the +7% crit speech.

If people got MOP, they surely love the +AR/+DMS speech

Calms aren't really used a lot at theese levels, but I guess they can come in handy once in a while.

People really hate it when you charm a mob, they want to kill it for xp, and charming just disrupts the flow of xp. Don't bother doing that. The extra damage from that charmed enf or whatever means you save 1 second per kill, and people really don't care.

The bot is pretty much useless, and no one wants to wait for you while you drag it around. Forget the bot and stay in range so people are affected by the speech instead. Make some green self castable bot just before breaking in the entrance room and boss room, then let it tag along until it gets stuck and terminate it.

With a gun and nukes, a crat will do more or less the same damage as everyone else, so there is no real drawback to bringing one.

So to sum it all up, implant for baton and speeches, not bots. Get a gun. Don't charm mobs. Don't waste time trying to make the pet follow you.

Do not forget that in 14.6 engis/MPs/Crats mobs invoke their pets as soon as they are aggroed so just imagine a Slayer under crat's control?

Klngarthur had done it against a lvl250 boss and it seems that a ql250 pet rocks

So crat are and will be very useful in any team
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Hmm, I wonder what type of crat Marcell has been teaming with?

There are good crats and bad crats like in any profession. But, I think unlike other profs, there are certain ways a good crat always stands out beyond the color of his bot, armor or weps.

Rules of the Good Crat:

Rule #1
    Never tell people to cancel reflects/shields or take off bracers. In fact I usually insist the Soldier or Engie buff everyone else with reflects. Why? See Rule #2

Rule #2
    Always run ahead of the team and mez all potential adds. Thus there is never a problem with reflects since you make yourself the target. That includes going up a lift alone. If your team is hitting a mob, put the bot on it and then run around to mez. This means you need to work on AC, health and evades. You're not an MP or Engie who needs to spend all their IP on the best pet possible.

P.S. As soon as you are done mezzing run back to team to refresh their speech aura.

Rule #3
    Chain mez mobs when they are beating up the Doc or Agent. Mez is 100% effective in wiping the hatelist.

Basically, you have to be very proactive, lead a team, take tons of damage (but not tank). You get to shape the battlefield for your team. Unlike NT's or Traders, you have a bot that can contribute to killing mob while you run around and mez.

Playing a crat like an MP or Engie is bad.

At 150+ I agree with all the above posts. Everyone is expected to deal damage. But only a crat can add 9% XP, and buff Attack Rating by 100 and Evades by 310 or add 7% crit for less than 5 NCU.

^^ That is almost exactly how I play my NT.

I like crats. High end and low end game. Low end they may not do alot of dmg, but they do help... and high end they have a decient nuke (rule of one) and by that time will have a ql 180+ weapon that does good dmg also. Heck the other day a crat in my team almost solod the boss in a 194 ql mission... he charmed the 2 RM guards and put them and his pet on the boss (enforcer or ma boss.. i forget). He did this while the rest of the team was up top recovering from getting the tar kicked out of them hehe.

Originally posted by Maddiganed
    Do not forget that in 14.6 engis/MPs/Crats mobs invoke their pets as soon as they are aggroed so just imagine a Slayer under crat's control?

Klngarthur had done it against a lvl250 boss and it seems that a ql250 pet rocks

So crat are and will be very useful in any team

It has been posted they cant be charmed or calmed... so... without testing that... doesnt look good though.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

We are quite mood enhancing as well.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Crats are good in xp settings at all levels really. Up until 130-140ish or so we are wanted for crowd control, after that our xp buff as lvling is such a chore. The only real requirement for a good team at high levels is 6 competent people that manage to not fall asleep in a mission.

In pvp we fall into the can't heal/no defensive nanos/dk blue evades + body dev/no debuffs category. We are annoying with roots and some nukes but pretty easy to kill

In the high level camps when fighting those new uber loot mobs we suffer a bit too. Charms don't work on much anything past level 220 or so due to psychic checks.. and only then on standard non boss/minion mobs. Our other crowd control is reduced alot too. Usually something of calm/root/snare works. However these mobs have such insane nano resist that it's a real pain for us. We also face the problem of the calms/roots/snare being broken so quickly due to the reflect shields needed to stay alive. But the main disadvantage is that these camps seem to be set up around the tank + doc combos with little regards to others.
    Last edited by Rebbeca; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 19:50:39.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

189 crat here
    lvl 150+ all professions just need a big gun, fist, melee weapon and just shoot. No profession makes a difference aslong as they can hurt. (i went with a CHS)
    but people love our speeches and xp buffs.
    People really super love when i charm 2 mobs and make em dance.

I like 1 crat in my team over any prof except MAs for crit buff.

Had a team last night trader running 132s crat with 100+ AR aura and 2 MAs and some other people and we were smoking mobs faster then i could lay my plunders down.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

XP buff, ace charms, nice speeches, decent damage, calms.

Yeah, I fuggin LOVE crats!!!!!!!!

All my characters love crats!!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Eeeeh .. just a simple question from a n00b crat player .. mudslinger .. any good?? rare??
    - ][GoT NuKE?][ -

----
    Systembug 184 Trox NT
    Sadakoi 180 Doc
    Lightshade 148 Fixer
    Thunderbug 93 MA
    Deathclown 66 Enf
    Deathjester 64 Agent
    Cubix 46 Soldier
    Pwndbug 45 Adv

Crit buff, XP buff, Calms Now, how useless is that... I love having a crat in team

Originally posted by LiGHtSHaDE
    Eeeeh .. just a simple question from a n00b crat player .. mudslinger .. any good?? rare??
    It increases how much hate your pet generates. Its a kewl line, not that rare, I think you can mission for it.
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    XP buff, ace charms, nice speeches, decent damage, calms.

Yeah, I fuggin LOVE crats!!!!!!!!

All my characters love crats!!!!
    but i thought you loved EVERYONE deacon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast