Thread: Council of Truth Speaker Elections

Council of Truth Speaker Elections

At our December 2 meeting, we will be electing a Council Speaker from our Legacy Leaders.

Each Legacy leader candidate may have an opportunity for each leader to speak, or if they cannot attend, post in this thread or provide comments to a representative or myself.

The Speaker's role is largely to determine what our focus and tone will be - electing Silverstone would lead us to be more aggressive and less cooperative, for example. This is a year-long commitment.

Every Clan member is also free to post their thoughts on our representation in this thread.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

More information from each candidate would help.

Personal preference, not Silverstone, unless he can manage to be stable and logical.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Candidates for the Speaker elections

Submitting for consideration

Representative for the Sentinels - Simon Silverstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Message from Supreme Commander Silverstone:
    Countless generations have passed since Omni-tek landed on our planet, it has been a period with events of decisive nature, Years of intense war to free our world from this infection which continues to plague our world.

The war has not only been a curse, its also been a valuable lesson, who has truly tested the force and will of our people, the war laid bare all facts and events, its ruthless powers have torn down the veils and coverings that concealed the powers we all got within us to protect what we love and care for, our homes.

Our people has sacrificed their freedom and lives for our future generation to live in a peacefull world, a world where our children once will live withour fear of dying, a world where they can walk in the streets without fear for what might happen if they take one wrong step.

Let us continue this fight, let us fight for what is right, for our world, our future, without this scum Omni-tek tainting our lands and lives.

For freedom! For the Clan!

Representative for the Knights of Avalon - Sir Tristram Solis
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tristram's address to the Council:
    Solis: Ladies, gentlemen
    Solis: I am pleased to see so many here
    Solis: It bodes well for the future
    Solis: If we are serious about Clan Leadership ..
    Solis: Are we not obliged to set out our stall and let all examine our wares? What is it we want to achieve?
    Solis: Is it time for a new direction?
    Solis: I rest my case for the present

Representative for the Vanguards - Alan Jacobi
    Mr Jacobi was regretfully unable to attend the meeting.

Representative for the Eco Warriors - Kisra Delus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Delus's address to the Council:
    Delus: Honored assembly, clerk, Clansmen, women and Atrox. My Dears!
    Delus: I will address the council about the election, on the agenda the Eco Warriors and I find important, and why this means we find this important for a future for Rubi-Ka.
    Delus: We have fought many dangers. Some have met and fought against invasion. Some fight in the battle stations. Some have fought on the brink of Shadowland against corruption. Some addresses politics. Some strives for producing Notum, works for the Clans in other ways, but we are thriving! We survive!
    Delus: The flows who connects us, extends outwards. We are, in a way, One. The unity of this world, the sanctity of nature, is paramount. We are here, because of the dedication and stalwartness of the clans!
    Delus: But the ecology is in danger, we must protect Rubi-Ka, its natural resources, and flora and fauna against the damage of war, exploitation and destruction!
    Delus: As a Speaker, my interests would be to steer us towards a future. It is the view of Eco Warriors, the Clan and Omni conflict must end. What happens here, affects everyone in the galaxy; since Rubi-Ka is the centre, where the flows from the Shadowlands affects us all, no one can escape the fate of this planet! Since the Notum the galaxy use, comes from here, the fate of all, are the fate of Rubi-Ka!
    Delus: The sacrifices have not been in vain, fight corruption, fight oppression! Fight for our freedom against those who will take ours! But take heed. As the fragmented Shadowlands is connected to this planet, what happens here affects life. Finding ways to ‘fight’ beside armed combat, is important. We need peace.
    Delus: If the assembly want to have an agenda of ecological balance, an agenda of ending the conflict with Omni-Tek, but still want independence and a lasting solution, vote for me as the Speaker in the coming election.

Representative for the Pilgrims - Elder Muriz
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Muriz's address to the Council:
    Muriz: You may not know me. I am Elder Muriz, of The Pilgrims. Thank you for letting me speak.
    Muriz: I will not keep you long.
    Muriz: Whispers spread even into the Outzones...
    Muriz: The Omega are rising.
    Muriz: Many of the Pilgrims have followed me back to the terraformed zones.
    Muriz: We must be ready. We will be ready.
    Muriz: I ask to take the Pilgrims' old seat on the Council, and to stand for election as speaker.
    Muriz: If you will follow me, I will lead you.
    Muriz: If you will not, then hear my warning:

Quote Originally Posted by an audio recording of a conversation punctuated by wind and shifting sand.
    Male: Rise, solitus.
    Female: I have a message from the CEO.
    Male: Speak it.
    Female: A truce. She knows who you're looking for. Cease hostilities and you can look together.
    Male: Your leader is a liar and a manipulator. There will be no truce.
    Female: Then I'm to deliver another message: Return to the citadel. You've started a war you will not win. Go back and she will forget this ever hap- *strangled gurgling noises*
    Male: No. You go back. Tell her there is another war - one that she deserted for a petty title.
    Female: O-Omega, please...
    Male: So fragile... I forget the limitations. Will you be incarnated this far out? Will you be able to deliver my reply?
    Female: Wait! St- *frantic struggling and a final gurgle as the struggling ends*
    Male: No matter. I will tell her myself... It is time we left the shadows.

Withdrawing from consideration

Representative for The Unionists - Aideen Landau
    Quote Originally Posted by Message from 4 Holes:
    Having previously held the position of Speaker, our leader will not be standing for election on this occasion. Being on the front line of Clan mining operations, defending civilians from corporate aggressors and advocating for workers across the planet all demand the full attention of our leadership team.
    Representative for Terra Firma - Hayden Okoli
    Quote Originally Posted by Press release from the office of Hayden Okoli:
    Mr Okoli expresses his heartfelt regret that he will be unavailable for the election of Council of Truth Speaker and pleasant surprise to hear that people are taking an active interest in inter-clan politics.
    Last edited by Feynrose; Jan 3rd, 2018 at 15:43:41. Reason: Updated
    Feynrose | Production & Storyline Coordinator | ARK Events

Contact the Events team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Previous post updated with info from today's meeting.

Contact the Events team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

For any Clan wishing to file a vote for Speaker;

Votes should be sent via the mail terminals to Zagadka. If you can not access mail terminals, have someone send a mail on your behalf identifying you.

Given that things are new and changing, I would advise you to wait some time before filing a vote. They will not be counted until February, and events may change how you would respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Feynrose View Post
    Submitting for consideration

Representative for the Vanguards - Alan Jacobi
    Mr Jacobi was regretfully unable to attend the meeting.
    Is Mr. Jacobi withdrawing from consideration, or will a statement be issued?

~ Fya Hill
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Jacobi is still a candidate, we just don't have a statement from him yet.

If it's helpful I've also written some updated descriptions of the legacy clans with a bit of history for each.

Contact the Events team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

A reminder: The election deadline is at the CoT meeting next weekend. You may vote in person at that meeting, or by contacting me via RK (ingame) mail. ((You can probably also catch me on Discord or regular e-mail if need be))

Why isn't Radiman on the ballot?

PS hi!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...