Thread: Map with Dyna camps?

Map with Dyna camps?

I used to use AoRK map years ago. Now it won't install. I put it in a folder in the PlanetMap folder like the others but no luck. Is there a new way to install maps for the latest version of AO? Is there a newer map that includes Dyna Camp locations? Also I tried a search in forums for the word Map and nothing came up!

Thanks!

Should still be the same as before. Is the AoRK map that you're trying to install not showing up on the map window list of installed maps or are you getting some kind of "can't load" error? Couple of things to check:

The map needs to go into a "AoRK" sub-folder inside the PlanetMap folder. Depending on how you open the package, you lose that folder.

You can try to manually change your map setting using a chat window command:

/setoption PlanetMapIndexFile AoRK/AoRK.txt

If your "Anarchy Online" folder is in the "Program Files" or your "Desktop", you might be hitting some kind of UAC setting that prevents files that you add to the cd_image/textures/PlanetMap folder from being visible to the application. It's best to install Anarchy Online into some unprotected location like "C:\Games" or something like that.

You might want to consider using Saavick's new RK map which is more up-to-date compared to AoRK, which hasn't been updated in some time. You can download it here:

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...aps%2F&lang=en
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Fixed

Thanks Saavicks map did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Should still be the same as before. Is the AoRK map that you're trying to install not showing up on the map window list of installed maps or are you getting some kind of "can't load" error? Couple of things to check:

The map needs to go into a "AoRK" sub-folder inside the PlanetMap folder. Depending on how you open the package, you lose that folder.

You can try to manually change your map setting using a chat window command:

/setoption PlanetMapIndexFile AoRK/AoRK.txt

If your "Anarchy Online" folder is in the "Program Files" or your "Desktop", you might be hitting some kind of UAC setting that prevents files that you add to the cd_image/textures/PlanetMap folder from being visible to the application. It's best to install Anarchy Online into some unprotected location like "C:\Games" or something like that.

You might want to consider using Saavick's new RK map which is more up-to-date compared to AoRK, which hasn't been updated in some time. You can download it here:

http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...aps%2F&lang=en

And for SL, i'm suggesting my own work available here, wich seem to be the latest existing : rubi-ka.net/bitnykk
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

It totally is the latest existing, bitnykk -- and also the only one I could get my grubby paws on easily. And it is awesome.

Radula's actually the dude who was having trouble getting any SL map to work. Wonder how it's going.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.