Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aye?

How much ar can you get with that before mm/sphere? Also it irritates me that fc has introduced these beast armor upgrades, simply because they add such good stats that you cannot really choose other options. Which forces you to go higher hp which is really unfavourable vs proffs that will always cap as. I remember having 11—15,5k hp deppending on setup in duels and around 13k in bs, having no trouble with agents at all, with the new token board/boc/beast pad there will probably be no such thing as "low hp equip". Secondly those pieces have such a high cl req that i doubt any breed but nm can swap these pieces without having to reperk. I recall back items were one of my most swapped items, changing between ofab back/healer cloak/gladiator cloak/notucomm. I really liked that aspect of the game, getting a edge vs different proffs as a result of obtaining knowledge of which stats are good vs certain proffs.
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Nov 5th, 2017 at 17:10:23.
    Grrrl 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Grrrleng 220/30/70 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Occamsrazor View Post
    How much ar can you get with that before mm/sphere? Also it irritates me that fc has introduced these beast armor upgrades, simply because they add such good stats that you cannot really choose other options. Which forces you to go higher hp which is really unfavourable vs proffs that will always cap as. I remember having 11—15,5k hp deppending on setup in duels and around 13k in bs, having no trouble with agents at all, with the new token board/boc/beast pad there will probably be no such thing as "low hp equip". Secondly those pieces have such a high cl req that i doubt any breed but nm can swap these pieces without having to reperk. I recall back items were one of my most swapped items, changing between ofab back/healer cloak/gladiator cloak/notucomm. I really liked that aspect of the game, getting a edge vs different proffs as a result of obtaining knowledge of which stats are good vs certain proffs.
    I haven't log since few month but from what i recall i had 3600 ish AR maybe little more and 19k hp (full iped)
    As you said, i don't think you can't hotswap awekened on ma in combat (1700 ish CL maxed, nt/engy/doc can swap on will )
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Hhhm thats alot more than what was possible pre—rebalance, seems nice, though i have no idea how evades has increased on other proffs. Really wish i had all the new stuff and didnt have to do all that pvm :P, would pvp for sometime and start recording again. Was trying to make a pvp video back when i was playing, but never finished it. Simply because i was trying to get clips where i either got to use my entire toolset or pulled off a 1vs2, 1vs3, 1vs4 etc or sick timings such as encountering a doc+agent and kill one of em with proper fear timing preventing BI or a ch. Never cared for those ganking one player clips unless it was a difficult gank such as adv or enf. Was really a frustrating process, because most of the times i pulled off these sort of things i did not have a fraps that could record more than 30 seconds a time, which ended up ruining potentially really cool clips. Played ma at tl5 from 2005—2010 and tl7 from 2010—2015. Really want to find time for this game again, can feel the nostalgia :P
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Nov 8th, 2017 at 09:04:41.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    They didn't get nerfed.

They boosted. MA's got X1-R4, they got Zazen, and they got a bunch of nice (but arguably not needed) crit gear.

They got some OK armor with the awakened beast chest, if you wanted raw AR, and with the latest research, they got just enough AS skill to keep the saph boaw AS recharge capped while replacing two pieces of CC armor, and not using a scope... If you implant RH.

So, looking at that you'd probably think that MA's are in a pretty good position... right?

And ya, maybe if you duel a lot, that's fine, but I just always thought duels were kind of a stupid thing, they don't mean anything.

But the problem is that everything MA's got as boosts, some other profs were able to utilize to much greater effect in exactly the way they needed to survive MA's.

I'm not sure if you know this, but there is a lot more HP available now than there was a few patches ago. like, if you have the gear, which most PVPer's will have, you could go from a 18.3 setup of about 12-15k HP setup, up to a 18.7 HP setup of about 23-25k, like, my soli doctor is EASILY getting 27k HP, without even having research completed, and not even maxing out in several armor slots. And I haven't even got a lot of the new items, or a beast armor set.

But lets say an MA is able to pretty reliable alpha for 25k damage - if everything works out, the SA crits, the AS crits, etc.

But the problem is that if you're using a swapping setup, that's all you really have. You have your alpha, and if that fails, you're kind of waiting around landing some crits if you're lucky, and an AS once in a while, and then maybe in 40s you got some of your alpha back.

OK, now, lets say someone looks at you, and is like, this dude is using an old alpha setup. NO WORRIES. Lets use a HP setup to counter it. *swaps into awakened beast set* Now the soldier/keeper/advy has 30-35k HP, and OODLES of damage mitigation.

Not to mention, a CH. Ya, you were able to alpha them to half HP. But they didn't even use their CH to get back to near full. Now they are hitting you with pretty decent damage and you can't even get them back to 50% HP and you've already used dimach. Eventually, you're dead.

I kept going over the numbers in my mind and thought 25k alpha damage seemed rather low, im not sure if this is a fast alpha or if its without crits and normal hits. Assuming you get to finish your entire alpha and it starting upon red dusk landing. In 20 seconds you would get 10 hits where 2 would be lost due to weapon swaps. Where each crit does 3.5k dmg and regular hits do 1k dmg given that this is a doc or agent with rrfe running. You would do 25k-55k dmg where 25k would be the region where you only get 4 hits due to kiting or misses and half of these were crits and as/sa did a total of 3k dmg. In the 50k and above situation 6 out of 8 hits were crits, the as and sa both did 6k or more dmg each, you would also need to crit on one or two brawls to end up there as well as getting obliterate off at some point which is a highly unlikely scenario .
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Jan 20th, 2018 at 22:15:36.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12