Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aye?

Aye?

Can we (un)officially claim that AO's buried, once and for all? :-(
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

"Online (19)"

Seems fine to me.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    "Online (19)"

Seems fine to me.
    18 mules, 1 player :X
    Last edited by dritst; Aug 12th, 2017 at 22:38:15.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I was mostly asking 'cause of a real lack of update notes and content in general lately. And it seems like it's been quite the long "lately" already, so...
    Ah ah, even the links that appear in your signature aren't up-to-date, Dritst ! :-D
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I started levelling an agent. Couldn't get past level 76. I think I have logged in, tried to level, died like 8 times, and now I have a big pool, no crats in west Ely, no more heal kits, no teams, no MP's in that area, and no other accounts paid to log, and um. Ya, either just decided game was dead or didn't have the patience to rez one more time.

It's a bit of a joke at the moment, in my opinion - at least in Aus TZ. Might be better in Euro TZ; also, it's better at 220, but screw it... sometimes you don't want to play 220's.

funcom invested loads of milions to continue conan exiles thou wich doesnt even take subscribtions, the game havent been on top 100 games on steam since its release, they just released a expansion to it and the game had 8000 player on it's best and it will faal out of top 100 game charts in a few days.

anarchy online would been such a fatt game for funcom to gain money from subs, but nooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I started levelling an agent. Couldn't get past level 76. I think I have logged in, tried to level, died like 8 times, and now I have a big pool, no crats in west Ely, no more heal kits, no teams, no MP's in that area, and no other accounts paid to log, and um. Ya, either just decided game was dead or didn't have the patience to rez one more time.

It's a bit of a joke at the moment, in my opinion - at least in Aus TZ. Might be better in Euro TZ; also, it's better at 220, but screw it... sometimes you don't want to play 220's.
    It's always been a struggle for us. The Americans are just going to bed when we arrive and the Europeans are just logging on when we leave.

How could you possibly have problems levling a new character as a veteran player? Get a decent weapon and get rid of that med suit. Go into solo dungeons, tiigs, devourers or spiders.

The problem here is either you're stuck with med suit and icc island weapon or you're just not actually playing.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

. no more heal kits...
    There is no hope for human kind..

I dont know if this is the right place to post, but this looked like the thread with the most recent posts on the ma forum. I havent played since early 2015 before rebalance was launched. So, what is new for ma? Any new nanos, perks, weapons or other items that i need to get? If whoever responds could include where to get the items that would be really nice. Trying to determine whether to reactivate or not and if i need to spend many hours doing pvm in order to pvp. This was my standard equip back then then minus the shoulder being outdated.
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=159718
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Oct 31st, 2017 at 15:55:19.
    Grrrl 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Grrrleng 220/30/70 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    How could you possibly have problems levling a new character as a veteran player? Get a decent weapon and get rid of that med suit. Go into solo dungeons, tiigs, devourers or spiders.

The problem here is either you're stuck with med suit and icc island weapon or you're just not actually playing.
    yea... It sounds retarded, I know.

I've got a SPS on, and got 110 imps in, and got some levelling ICC armor or whatever. But the problem is I want to fight tiigs. So I get some MP buffs from OA, FP MP, pop a heal pet, then run to ely, then travel to west ely, then pop graft, wait a few minutes till MP runs out, FP enforcer, then go kill tiigs.

Then I do ok for 5 minutes, or so, and if I get stray aggro I die, and then I turn of AO for another few months.

Either that or wife, kids, or something else, and/or forget something in the buffs or whatever.

Honestly, I've been at level 76 for about 6 months now.

Of course, now the issue is that I can't get AO patched, again. every time it goes into a new patch, I need to reinstall from scratch, which is pretty irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Occamsrazor View Post
    I dont know if this is the right place to post, but this looked like the thread with the most recent posts on the ma forum. I havent played since early 2015 before rebalance was launched. So, what is new for ma? Any new nanos, perks, weapons or other items that i need to get? If whoever responds could include where to get the items that would be really nice. Trying to determine whether to reactivate or not and if i need to spend many hours doing pvm in order to pvp. This was my standard equip back then then minus the shoulder being outdated.
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=159718
    You can get a X1-R4 and use that with a tonfa if you want.

You build an X1-R4 with a QL 250+ typed AI rapier, then make in to blades of boltar, then add another thingy from AI PF's, no idea what they are anymore.

It's kind of a nice weapon, does decent crits and stuff, and has sneak attack on a weap affected by MA AR rather than piercing, so that's pretty nice.

Overall, though, MA's are pretty garbage. I had the most fun with a full ranged dedicated setup and running with the heal mode 100%. That was a lot of fun in BS and wars, and pretty retarded in any kind of raid/PVM.

The X1-R4 + tonfa setup is pretty meaty DPS and tanky with the +5 crit chest from DB operative weekly quest. You can itemize however and get your raid buffs and MA's are kinda decent in PVM with so-so support, and reasonably good DD. Whats kinda nice is swapping to heal mode in a pinch if something goes wrong with docs, but you really need a few more nanoskills (as soli) with maxed gear in order to use the top team heal, so you have to be prepared to swap in a nano hud/util item on the fly for maxed out healing.

Bottom line is, though, MA's are kinda dumpster tier for PVP unless you've got super reliable ping, and you got some backup. They are fun in a team when you've got slows/roots, but without them, you're kinda just getting kited, same as last forever.

You can actually get just enough defence with a similar setup to what you posted to dodge an agent's perk alpha with DOF, but in my experience, you can't get it up fast enough since they usually queue it from sneak, then you just eat 20k worth of damage and have no way to recover. Plus you got to find them, gap close and stun or you're dead in the next 3 seconds or so when next AS comes off CD.

Thanks for the update mcknuckle. That much has changed in rebalance? Ma was really strong back when i played, only profs i could not beat in duels were good crats and advies. When it comes to city pvp only enfs and shield mp's werent gankable. In bs pvp it was really enjoyable to play ma. I simply cannot imagine ma's getting that nerfed or every other prof getting such a boost compared to ma. In what ways have ma's been nerfed in rebalance?
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Nov 1st, 2017 at 20:24:53.

Thanks for the update mcknuckle. That much has changed in rebalance? Ma was really strong back when i played, only profs i could not beat in duels were good crats and advies. When it comes to city pvp only enfs and shield mp's werent gankable. In bs pvp it was really enjoyable to play ma. I simply cannot imagine ma's getting that nerfed or every other prof getting such a boost compared to ma. In what ways have ma's been nerfed in rebalance?
    They didn't get nerfed.

They boosted. MA's got X1-R4, they got Zazen, and they got a bunch of nice (but arguably not needed) crit gear.

They got some OK armor with the awakened beast chest, if you wanted raw AR, and with the latest research, they got just enough AS skill to keep the saph boaw AS recharge capped while replacing two pieces of CC armor, and not using a scope... If you implant RH.

So, looking at that you'd probably think that MA's are in a pretty good position... right?

And ya, maybe if you duel a lot, that's fine, but I just always thought duels were kind of a stupid thing, they don't mean anything.

But the problem is that everything MA's got as boosts, some other profs were able to utilize to much greater effect in exactly the way they needed to survive MA's.

I'm not sure if you know this, but there is a lot more HP available now than there was a few patches ago. like, if you have the gear, which most PVPer's will have, you could go from a 18.3 setup of about 12-15k HP setup, up to a 18.7 HP setup of about 23-25k, like, my soli doctor is EASILY getting 27k HP, without even having research completed, and not even maxing out in several armor slots. And I haven't even got a lot of the new items, or a beast armor set.

But lets say an MA is able to pretty reliable alpha for 25k damage - if everything works out, the SA crits, the AS crits, etc.

But the problem is that if you're using a swapping setup, that's all you really have. You have your alpha, and if that fails, you're kind of waiting around landing some crits if you're lucky, and an AS once in a while, and then maybe in 40s you got some of your alpha back.

OK, now, lets say someone looks at you, and is like, this dude is using an old alpha setup. NO WORRIES. Lets use a HP setup to counter it. *swaps into awakened beast set* Now the soldier/keeper/advy has 30-35k HP, and OODLES of damage mitigation.

Not to mention, a CH. Ya, you were able to alpha them to half HP. But they didn't even use their CH to get back to near full. Now they are hitting you with pretty decent damage and you can't even get them back to 50% HP and you've already used dimach. Eventually, you're dead.

Doctor - tough fight
    Advy - tough fight, doubtful if in HP setup
    keeper - can't win if the keeper has a proper setup. Not possible to win since keeper can outheal EVERYTHING you throw at him, and what he can't outheal, he mitigates. Sustained damage with very high AR eventually just destroys you, not to mention enormous sneak attack damage.
    enforcer - if enforcer focuses on mitigation, instead of killing you, you actually just dent him, then he heals up, and you're out of everything and he hasn't even started trying to kill you... kinda same as keeper.
    soldier - maybe.
    agent - lol.. maybe you can beat one in a duel. But in open PVP/BS, you'll die 20x for every time you get NEAR a kill, even threaten one in BS.
    NT - very difficult to kill NT's. too much HP, too much defences to get through, and if you do happen to get near the "omg I might kill this guy threshold" he prob just pop CH and then you're dead and he's full HP and you wish you'd thought of the CH before the fight started.
    MP - depends on setup, but might be able to do something if you kill heal pet 2x
    trader - OK, here is a fight you might win, but you have to preload AR to chain stun early and if he use MOTR at start of fight it's GG
    Shade - about even
    crats - hard to say, there are so many variables and setups, I'd say MA's have slight advantage since their HP setups don't get into the 'unalpha-able' territory. Hard to say.
    engineer - can beat pretty easily in zazen, but not an easy fight in alpha/swap setup

But, none of this really matter, to be honest. Last time I was playing even remotely close to regularly, I'd queue for BS and it wouldn't start for the entire night. On the weekend I'd maybe get a few rounds in, and you'll face almost all agents. You run around, get alpha'd, die, go somewhere else, get alpha'd, die, and eventually you realize you need to be in sneak full time, or run with someone else who can attract the aggro. You actually literally have to be in a team to play vs agents because you can't win (or survive)in a 1 v 1 situation. They pop from sneak, and 4s later you're dead, and you don't even know where they were/are. It's even harder now, to gap close because /follow doesn't work in PVP, so even if you do tab them and find them, there's a good chance by the time you start moving in the right direction, you're eating so much queued perk damage that by the time you get in range to stun/brawl/root graft/ whatever, you're already so far past the point of being in a "possible to survive" fight, that you're hesitant to blow any CD's because you know you're dead, and it's better to save them for a fight you might win. The problem is, is that every fight is roughly similar, because everyone has an agent and the only way to get kills in BS is to kill faster than the guy next to you. So, now instead of 1 v 1 you vs agent, it's 1 v 2 you vs two agents, and both are killing faster than the other one. If you're lucky, an agent might be hiding near you, and he'll use you as bait to get a kill.

Either way, no matter what you do, you're a pawn in a battle where you don't live, you don't get kills, and you end up 40% of the time being completely gankable (if you're constantly cycling DOF, it's possible to survive the initial onslaught 60% of the time when DOF is up, but if you aren't cycling it, then you die before it becomes effective- all the perks to kill you are already queued).

Based on that, you got a 60% chance of it being an uneven fight, where you start at a disadvantage of health, but possibly an offensive advantage where the agent has already spent a few hard hitting perks that missed you, and you got a 40% chance of being dead, outright.

On those 60% of times when you had DOF up and you happened to dodge a few perks, you pop ES immediately and that gives you 30s to kill and you might be able to get a half decent chance... but again, you got very similar issues as vs keeper/enforcer/solider. Agent probably has close to 30-35k HP, and if in beast armor, a CH. So no matter how "hard" you alpha him... you only going to get him down to about 8k HP then he still got some big def to pop and then your 30s is quickly closing.

Honestly, man, you should give it a try I gave up on my MA ages ago. I only play him PVM since I went back to 'normal' setup. Just FYI, though, I had a real blast playing full range, full zazen MA with 300 cobra. That was epic fun. I didn't get a lot of kills in BS, but it was pretty satisfying being able to kite 3 people around while launching bone crushing AS's, and reading the epic QQ's in PM's about how Zazen is a copout and all this. MA's can actually heal so much when cycling top team and top single heal, and the way to do it is to pre-load heals. You get your heals ticking before you take damage so if you get rooted or whatever, and take some big alpha to the face you got all these big HP ticks coming in and it's very satisfying.. like 3k HP/2s or whatever from either one (can't recall exact numbers), but you're basically getting approximately the same amount of healing as a doctor chain casting BI on you. Sure, offense isn't exactly hot stuff, but thats why you team.

Aha, that makes things a lot clearer. With a hp increase for everyone and our dmg not increasing all that much i can imagine some proffs are harder to kill. I guess all that is left to do now is to log on and try for myself

Aha, that makes things a lot clearer. With a hp increase for everyone and our dmg not increasing all that much i can imagine some proffs are harder to kill. I guess all that is left to do now is to log on and try for myself
    Good luck.

To be fair, I never bothered to finish apotheosis on my MA, in fact I didn't finish it on any of my toons. I just was pretty annoyed by the stat of game, and the agent I have was on an account I didn't want to activate.

What bonuses does apotheosis give if its maxed out? Also, how do you get zazen stance?

Zazen is purchased from the shop next /near the battlestation. Ofab shops
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

Oki, thanks everyone for the info, guess its not all too much pvm to do in order to get maxed out again. Ill try to find some time soon to reactivate. Hopefully ill see some familiar faces. Though im probably orgless on my ma grrrl and all my alts. Does anyone know which clan orgs are active these days?

Oki, thanks everyone for the info, guess its not all too much pvm to do in order to get maxed out again. Ill try to find some time soon to reactivate. Hopefully ill see some familiar faces. Though im probably orgless on my ma grrrl and all my alts. Does anyone know which clan orgs are active these days?
    Wow Pro MA inc soon
    In duel, Ma are still awesome, in mass pvp agents can be a pain i was using full AR setup (cc+ma pant+awekened boc/pad/sleeve and db chest II) it was pretty fun honestly with 12+pen buff
    Last edited by dritst; Nov 4th, 2017 at 21:34:54.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast