Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintenance mode

Don't mind us, we're just discussing nomenclature.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Think your understanding of moral is incorrect. Moral refers to think you are not obliged to do, but you should do it anyway because it's the right thing to do. So of course choosing the right, moral decisions is not in the EULA, Because it's nothing legal.
    I don't think that it is useful to call a business doing something you don't like regarding a luxury product that is a immoral. There are far worse things in this world to classify as such. This is why we have words like 'ethical', so we can describe things about agreements or practices we don't like in situations where nobody is being injured, traumatised or ruined.

Apart from that, you may be saying Funcom is being completely unethical, I'm just saying they're being a little unethical and the rest just being stupid. There's not much difference in our opinions.

I think they're afraid to touch the game, for fear of breaking it for good.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    I don't think that it is useful to call a business doing something you don't like regarding a luxury product that is a immoral. There are far worse things in this world to classify as such. This is why we have words like 'ethical', so we can describe things about agreements or practices we don't like in situations where nobody is being injured, traumatised or ruined.

Apart from that, you may be saying Funcom is being completely unethical, I'm just saying they're being a little unethical and the rest just being stupid. There's not much difference in our opinions.
    Maybe unethical would have been a better word to use

80 hours into my petition now, still no answer, more and more exploiter names added to the petition, including the ones that are currently instakilling my towers and those of others.... FC do something!

You don't like it, just leave! Stop bitching about your insignificant problem. Other players are having fun and the game is still doing great. There are raids and tons of content, I always have something to do. Stop being so negative if you want this game to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    You don't like it, just leave! Stop bitching about your insignificant problem. Other players are having fun and the game is still doing great. There are raids and tons of content, I always have something to do. Stop being so negative if you want this game to keep going.
    What a terrible attitude. So the aspects of the game you enjoy are for the most part unaffected, thus this means that the people who's game play is severely affected have no right to vent or ask for a solution? What gear you on mate? These players are paying a large sum of money to play a game they used to love, it's only fair that they try and make change happen to fix it. The game us not "still doing great", regardless if you are affected or not.

Yeah, I know, I just posted one of the standard replies that the players who point out a problem have been receiving for the past 10 years.

Funcom won't do anything for these game anymore - Anarchy Online don't have any developer - Michi is now developer for the Conan Exiles game...
    We wont get any exploit fixes, bug fixes, better support or other things. guys open your eye's...

[Edited by Anarrina]

I stop paying now for these game... thanks for the nice time...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 27th, 2017 at 04:52:09. Reason: Exploit mentions.
    :::::: Canceled all Accounts - make no sense to play these game ::::::

Just wish they'd at least communicate with us and tell us what is going to happen, so we can either have a farewell party or be reassured it would be fixed...

I think I accidentally just reported your post with this reply, Damn phone. Oh well, at least we know nothing will get done from a report

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Just wish they'd at least communicate with us and tell us what is going to happen, so we can either have a farewell party or be reassured it would be fixed...
    What happened is that someone at FC looked at the numbers and realized that Michizure - the QA bum promoted to GD - and his team, were having a negative effect on the subscriptions. Nothing they were doing (e.g. new starting area) was having a positive effect on the numbers. Their conclusion wasn't that the bum and his team are incompetent and should be fired and replaced by competent persons, not QA bums with no name college degrees, but that there is nothing to be done, that the game can't be saved. So they've pulled out completely.

But you guys deserve this, oh how you pampered that bum and his predecessors! Means was in a permanent holiday and people sill loved him. From all the games community I've been part of, I've never seen one with so many kiss-ass as AO's. The core of AO players are kiss-ass who brought the game down by their permissive attitude towards the incompetent GDs of AO.

While i do agree that some AO GD's have been awful, i wouldn't put all the blame for AO's fall on them. Instead i think the real culprit are FC's marketing staff who really seem to be clueless about what makes a typical MMO gamer tick.

To me it's always seemed that the dev's have been willing to do what it takes to fix things (and some of them even competent) but the FC marketing and administration or some other number cruncher has always been sabotaging their work by pulling resources right when most needed etc. Same reason is most likely to blame for the lack of communication since mean's days as GD: Means promised a lot, and delivered nothing, so after that i think the GD's and Dev's have been told to say nothing to prevent same kind of disasters like with the new engine deadlines for example.

It's always been typical for FC to go overboard. First they promise too much, and when all fails, they go completely silent. Same with game fixes... if something is slightly broken, they go and change it completely and usually fail to fix the original problem, but introduce at least a few new problems (like the /assist/follow changes etc). And this applies to every funcom game in existence.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Thread closed due to exploit mentions.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12