Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance mode

Maintenance mode

I understand that the game is currently in maintenance mode, which means no further expansions etc will come forth
    but are you with this statement also saying that nothing at all is being done about the current wave of exploiters?
    We are now facing a large wave of people using that external stacking exploit to make 'instant' twinks, cause literally nobody is stopping them
    I'm even now more than 2 hours waiting in a petition to report yet another exploiter that i caught whilst doing my doja hunt in inferno.
    Stacking all these xp boosts and ability items and whatnot to get instant levels and instant twinks made with max gear possible... is this really how you're defining maintaining the game?

Doesnt maintenance also means that there are still actions taken to keep the status of the game completely as the game should be, aka banning and fixing exploits to ensure its lifespan?
    Please tell me you have people working on that, cause else you might as well just pull the plug out of this game because it is absolutely ridiculous.

Or hire me at minimum wage and I'll ban every exploiter I catch, cause ffs, you still have customers who pay for this game and like this game to b"e what its supposed to be, exploiter free

Thanks

Not that I actually care, cause I cancelled further payment of my 3 accounts, but I think what FunCom means with maintenance mode is; keeping the servers running.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Maybe they should search the definition for 'Maintenance', 7 hours waiting in petition atm, still no sign of any help, great service....

Petition times are at 3 days now.

Funcom never did use the Words "maintenance mode", did they?
    They just said -No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward. And then they killed all of the Communication.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    Funcom never did use the Words "maintenance mode", did they?
    They just said -No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward. And then they killed all of the Communication.

/G13
    I can't remember where it was, but I'm sure I remember them reading that phrase from FC somewhere actually. So yes, I believe they did, although I could be wrong.

But of course that's just a cowardice way of saying "Lol were just guna do **** all now, but heck we will still take your cash". And they are within their rights to do so. It's their product, and if they don't want to work on it, they don't have to. It's up to the customers to buy it still or not.

Personally, I stopped playing all FC games now and in the future.

Footer, you quit?
    I cant really blame you...

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    Footer, you quit?
    I cant really blame you...
    I did . And don't get me wrong, I'm just as annoyed and frustrated with fc as everybody else, and think they have a moral standing to least communicate the truth of their intentions rather than hide behind GMs lying about taking it seriously and investigating it. But what I said above was the facts, they don't have to do anything, and I doubt they will.

Sad times

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    I did . And don't get me wrong, I'm just as annoyed and frustrated with fc as everybody else, and think they have a moral standing to least communicate the truth of their intentions rather than hide behind GMs lying about taking it seriously and investigating it. But what I said above was the facts, they don't have to do anything, and I doubt they will.

Sad times
    Well, 2 weeks ago I petitoined an exploiter and had a GM within 30 minutes there to catch him in the act, he was banned... Problem now is, only 2 weeks later, it seems I am unable to even get a GM prsent. Its now 24 hours after I started my petition, i even logged out for th enight and guess what, my petition is still running, I have updated my petition 4 times already adding 4 new exploiters to be reported, all paid exploiters... if FC would only ban them, it would send a message to other paid exploiters, but the problem is that they still need to prevent this exploit from being used, it cant be that hard and from myy understanding, that exactly falls under the norm 'maintenance', but this is just negligenc
    And sorry to hear you left mate, we'll miss ya
    we used to have fun at towers! Before it all got ripped to pieces by exploiters

Talking I agree with the sentiment but not some of the words used.

boring pedantry follows:

"Maintenance mode" is not a business term, so they're not going to use it in their financial reports. It is something we are using as a shorthand for what was actually stated.

All that is said is, exactly, No further significant work is expected to be done on this
    project going forward.
    . No elaboration was made on what that means.

All Funcom's games sharing the same customer service team is not new, though.

However, you can figure out that the finances at Funcom are so stretched that they can no longer offer those bonus subscription months during anniversaries. Honestly, it was a real-life exploit, but the fact that it's gone means someone had to look at that subscription income cash flow. The only world where we get better customer service is one where Funcom is in a better financial position. Funcom's lack of prompt customer service for Anarchy Online is not a personal insult, it's just harsh reality.

Now, as for a lack of public communication, that's just a lack of business acumen. It would be more unethical if the community hadn't immediately spread the word on the situation from the financial reports already. In my opinion, their ignorance about the effects of not communicating is costing them more than properly communicating would, but that's not something that can be tested.

TL;DR: Hanlon's razor. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Funcom is more inept than 'immoral'.

from myy understanding, that exactly falls under the norm 'maintenance', but this is just negligenc
    You're not aware that Secret World Legends is taking almost 100% of Customer Service's time right now? This won't continue indefinitely, though that means either more customer service time for us, or the company fails.
    Last edited by Psithief; Jul 13th, 2017 at 11:53:29. Reason: lul

How they can keep charging the ridiculous prices they do is beyond it. The cost of this game was high enough when we had some Devs actually working on the game.

..Now tho? WTF are we paying AAA prices for FunCom??

You guys have stopped any further development of the game, yet still expect people to pony up the pennies as if it was an actively developed and cared for MMO?

What are you guys smoking?

Not that any of them actually listen of course but personally i think it's just wrong of you as a company to behave this way.

NB: Many of us are speaking to you with our wallets, it's about time you started hearing it.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Uh, that's not how the free market works? They charge exactly what they can get away with, because they have no competition. No one else is providing an Anarchy Online service.

You can think they're dumb and not buy their product, sure! But there's no moral issue here. Nothing in the EULA states we're purchasing more development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Uh, that's not how the free market works? They charge exactly what they can get away with, because they have no competition. No one else is providing an Anarchy Online service.

You can think they're dumb and not buy their product, sure! But there's no moral issue here. Nothing in the EULA states we're purchasing more development time.
    Entirely not wrong. Still, even a most cursory glance at the population nowadays really speaks for itself in regards to people voting with their wallets & how much value they now seem to get from the cost.

Edit: It's just occurred to me how interesting it is you mention the free market aspect...I see that's exactly what's happening here...People are doing exactly as a free market would suggest, they simply aren't buying the product. Yet the company fails to do much to address that.
    Last edited by Aiken; Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:07:59.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

if funcom and AO followed the free market principles, this is textbook obsolence
    AO after 2009 was nothing but member berries Unlike the big bucks hollywood member berries industry tho... chances are there wont be a "Member ian warr? Oooh i member!" berry .
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post

NB: Many of us are speaking to you with our wallets, it's about time you started hearing it.
    that's what they want. people cancelling subs so they can finally axe this game and stop pretending to give a toss about it

lol exploits? youre just mad because youre bad. exploits were fixed dude they dont exist anymore, youre the kind of kid to cry on cod after getting killed whining WAAH HES HACKING
    ~ Kneha ~ Opifex Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Kneha View Post
    lol exploits? youre just mad because youre bad. exploits were fixed dude they dont exist anymore, youre the kind of kid to cry on cod after getting killed whining WAAH HES HACKING
    Bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post

Think your understanding of moral is incorrect. Moral refers to think you are not obliged to do, but you should do it anyway because it's the right thing to do. So of course choosing the right, moral decisions is not in the EULA, Because it's nothing legal.

Well, 2 weeks ago I petitoined an exploiter and had a GM within 30 minutes there to catch him in the act, he was banned... Problem now is, only 2 weeks later, it seems I am unable to even get a GM prsent. Its now 24 hours after I started my petition, i even logged out for th enight and guess what, my petition is still running, I have updated my petition 4 times already adding 4 new exploiters to be reported, all paid exploiters... if FC would only ban them, it would send a message to other paid exploiters, but the problem is that they still need to prevent this exploit from being used, it cant be that hard and from myy understanding, that exactly falls under the norm 'maintenance', but this is just negligenc
    And sorry to hear you left mate, we'll miss ya
    we used to have fun at towers! Before it all got ripped to pieces by exploiters
    Glad you had better experience than I. Multiple times I petition exploiters, sometimes even sent them video proof via their suggested methods, and still no bans were made in such a short time. In fact I saw no evidence of any bans (still saw those people around and cheating) and this experience dates back as far as 2 years ago.
    That said, I've ALWAYS had my petitions answered in a full hours. Guess you win some you lose some :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kneha View Post
    If you're referring to me 'kenneh', you shoudl know me better than that, besides, you're absolutely wrong, the exploits are getting out of hand, this is 3rd party exploiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast