Thread: 220 2hb PVM Tank

220 2hb PVM Tank

I'm a little confused as to what HuDs and Utils to use on my enfo.
    I don't PVP. He's mainly for PVM tanking.

I'm guessing Infused Ancient Defender, Speed and Vision preservation? or am i missing something vital?
    Yes I know ACDC might be of use.

But the "easily" accessible ones are my focus right now...
    Major "Fiddlybit" Marone 220/30 Soli Crat
    President of Due Diligence Cannot Win
    Alt of Freqflyerdnt

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    ur jst mad cuz we cmunikte mor efshntly lol

While not the be all and end all, some spots are is pretty easy but everything else is a mix of...

HUD1: ACDC
    HUD2: Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Enforcer Special
    HUD3: Ancient Protective Drone OR Research Attunement Device - Defense Level Three
    UTILS1: Infused Ancient Defender
    UTILS2: Stellar Enforcer Nanodeck
    UTILS3: Dust Brigade Protector Module

Before ACDC I was using Inferno Sanc garden key in that slot and before the DB Protector module I was just using the regular ancient defender as I was after more health where I could find it. Speed and Vision preservation are good as well of course but keep in mind blindness no longer blacks out the screen (mostly) and init debuffs are almost all removed by Rage, so you are only getting the AAD benefit from them in the long run. If you are having difficulty getting Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Enforcer Special you can just use the Alien Augmentation Device - Defensive/Protection/Both in the mean time.

awrseome. I got the DB Enfo Spec. So that's not an issue.

PoH is not a hurdle (for the most part). It's 42 that will be the main hold up.

While I'm at it. Armor...
    Pen OFAB is the obvious for chest. Shoulders, I think left would be awakened beast. Right would be gauntlet?
    Arms maybe CM? So to for gloves, pants and boots?

Back I'm torn between OFAB and awakened BoC.

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Sillyman; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 12:26:29.
    Alt of Freqflyerdnt

Yes since you are 2HB it makes ofab chest an easy choice and you are good with shoulders.

Other than that the standard go to gear is...

HEAD: Special Edition Ofab Enforcer Helmet
    RIGHT SHOULDER: SSC "Bastion" Right Shoulder Armor - Collatz
    LEFT SHOULDER: Awakened Shoulderplates of Sabotage
    RIGHT ARM: Awakened Sleeves of Senseless Violence
    CHEST,LEFT ARM,LEGS,BOOTS,GLOVES: Combined Mercenary

For back it really is Awakened BoC all the way, it is equal to or better than the OFAB back in every respect except AC's which aren't very important at that level. The flat 45 to all stats is also an increase of 11+ to all of your abilities including nano skills and evades so it really is that good. If you are atrox it will also be necessary (along with APF belt) in order to keep your Collatz Shoulder out of OE.

Edit 1: That said I did run with Collatz back for a long time as I liked the -2% nanocost reduction/more nano/heal delta, being in OE all the time was a bummer though.

Edit 2: While the above is the normal old setup, there is a new fad of going almost full beast in order to have your own personal CH which some will tell you to go for. Personally I don't think it has a point outside of PvP because if you can't trust your Doctor to keep you trucking then you have bigger problems that 1 CH isn't usually going to solve and is generally wasted anyway. If you are big on soloing it can be useful to buy you a bit more time but that is about it.
    Last edited by Nadiao; Jul 3rd, 2017 at 05:28:18.

Thanks for the info, I got a nearly full set of awakened. Working on the collatz now. And makes sense to have CM elsewhere. Thanks a ton
    Alt of Freqflyerdnt

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyman View Post
    Thanks for the info, I got a nearly full set of awakened. Working on the collatz now. And makes sense to have CM elsewhere. Thanks a ton
    I'd look at the slot. CM in my opinion is out classed by other armor unless you are a non-direct combat class looking to boost specific skills (e.g. MA doctor).

Unfortunately, as 2HB you'll probably want the enforcer OFAB chest piece for the AR, which means missing out on some massive crit boost from the DB operative armor (also lose a big chunk of nano pool). But in that lies a subtle adjustment in thinking:

2HB weapons have a pretty big crit modifier so the 5% crit will boost your damage considerably, and, considering your perks, going with more add damage and crit may pay off. Since you have an AOE perk, any add damage will add a lot of damage to the single perk usage you get out of that perk - lets say you're fighting 10 mobs. you perk 1 time, and the 35 add damage on the operative chest piece gets added 10x on that single perk usage. So you'd get a fair bit extra damage if you intend on fighting a lot of adds/trash mobs with boosting add damage.

Just something to consider. My personal preference is to go with just enough defence that I feel comfortable and enough AR that I can hit/perk everything, then tack on as much damage/crit as I can to speed up the process.

Just a few things to consider:

Vs many, many mobs evasion (and area AAO debufs) trumps all
    vs many mobs, evasion, reflects and absorbs are effective
    vs few mobs, absorbs, reflects and init debuffs are most effective
    vs a single mob init debuffs and watch ward trumps all

Basically, if you have a crat+keeper+engineer in team, you have all your mitigation covered, but in each instance you'll need to rely more or less on your own toolset, as well as other ambient auras. Absorbs do a LOT of good when you have mobs of different types hitting for different damage types, but are less effective vs BIG hits. Vs big hits you want Boolean construct mitigation which is augmented by frequency reductions (i.e. watch ward paired with SLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW hit frequency). Vs hundreds of mobs you'll get the most benefit out of every one of the mobs having -1210 AAO paired with significantly boosted AAD, etc. (I once tanked about 40 mobs in pande on a botched pull at the senior subjugator, but we had a crat+engi and with a pretty heavy evade setup, I just evade tanked all the mobs, and we were all panicking initially, but the engi kept spamming DVP and nobody could really believe it but my HP stopped bouncing and we stared whittling away on called mobs (to avoid unnecessary blind breakage) and we eventually got through all of them.

Anyway, just some interesting mechanics in AO that, when properly understood can significantly increase your chances of coming out of a seemingly impossible situation.

Have fun!

Choice of weapon doesn't matter at all. It's just what ever you like.

My very old Trox 215 tank used the following. Could self the important Nano's and PvM Tank anything..
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=196729
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Sep 18th, 2017 at 13:41:26. Reason: No need for real phats.