Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clanners, a call to reason!

Originally posted by Charles
    who's only crime if any was doing their job and duties?
    Hmm... who else said that? Could it be... no wait I forgot.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

The implication you are suggesting is that the CAS's job and duty is to kill and terrorize non-combatants and Omni employees. The aggressor was not Omni-Tek.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Charles
    The implication you are suggesting is that the CAS's job and duty is to kill and terrorize non-combatants and Omni employees. The aggressor was not Omni-Tek.
    *chuckles* no that wasn't what I was implying. Also, I have no idea where to begin when you say "non-combatants." Apparently an armed guard is a "non-combatant" to you. Need I remind you that death is not permanent and no one will be missed.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Napolean
    lilnymph, I don't even know where to start with you.

I will say: that comment was made on a personal level, i.e. how great of a leader Redruum is internally, within the CAS and the CoA. His diplomatic decisions were of no relevence.
    A large part of the role of leader, is diplomatic, and how the rest of the world sees your organisation. To much of the world, a country, clan, organisation IS the leader (ooc examples, alot of people see America as slighty dumb, due to silly errors in speachs of the presidents, Iraq as a terrible and evil country). I am not saying this is right, but it IS what happens. So in my view, to be a great leader, you must have a grasp of diplomacy, but again, that is just my view.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

"Need I remind you that death is not permanent and no one will be missed."

Well, that is a bit cheap shot. If you want to make people feel that the Omni-Clan conflict actually matters, this is pretty much the last thing you want to mention. Do you want me to point out that no matter how many time you attack the Avalon base, you will never gain control of it?

Actually I am not sure where people are going with this thread. CAS roleplaying stance requires them to believe that actively oppressing the clans, hence the need for heroic clan rebels to save the day. I can respect that, if that is what you choose to play. Most of the Omni posters here view themselves as being on the side of law, order and civilisation and regard the clans as bloodthirsty terrorists lead by banana-republic dictators. That's cool too.

The fact is, there isn't really enough of an objective reality in AO to prove one world view or the other. The official storyline is too ambiguous and vauge about current events and what actually happens in game is really dictated by a playerbase in which the vast majority are not roleplayers or are roleplayer's with an ooc agenda (i.e want the war to heat up beacause that is more fun to play in).

Like I said I can respect anyone's roleplaying stance. However I would say that blatant propaganda on the story forum (which most people view as an occ forum) is bad form. By pushing your world view very strongly on a public forum, you are implicitly challenging other player's equally valid world view.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Very interesting post Savoy, with insightful and enjoyable OOC points hehe.

Yes, it is difficult--as in real life--to objectively assess the situation in RK--whether in fact RK as Corporate Rule is unacceptably oppressive to the dignity and natural rights (for lack of a better concept) of clanners and neutrals, whether clanners are in fact power-hungry bravados, and whether the neutrals are--who knows?--lol.

Of the facts, these seem to be certain: a Corporate conglomerate--the ICC--appears to be the ultimate power-that-be, the ICC leases the planet to the OT Corp, and there are lots of people on the planet that do not want OT Corporation to govern them. In short, RK has a population diverse in its thinking and values.

However, it seems to me that whatever the facts are relating to the past, a decision about the future needs to be made, a decision which must transcend acts committed in the past. A decision relating to a governing structure--a form of society--that minimizes the amount of corruption, cronyism, and abuse of power, and maximizes the safeguards and freedoms required to enable diverse peoples the freedom of expression and the pursuit of prosperity. Rule by a corporation is perhaps the least optimal in attaining these optimal social goals, for corporations in essense focus their energies on profit maximization, not on maximization of the social aspirations of diverse peoples. Corporate structures are also prone to concentration of power, cronyism, and thus corruption. In short, corporate rule is perhaps the least desirable of any future governing society for RK.

Which is why CAS and the CoA have embraced a Republican vision for RK, and why I have requested input relating to this fundamental issue as to RK's future. I am sorry that you are appalled Kithrak at the invitation to join CoA. Here is an opportunity to attempt to persuade without bloodshed clanners who you think are misguided. CoA embraces a Republican vision, and considers itself a deliverer of freedoms and republican virtues. I am agreed that CAS's past has been more violent and shady, but it's leadership has grown and is not satisfied with shedding blood for ignoble causes or indeed for anything that cannot be tied to a positive social good for all peoples. Organizations often outgrow their labels, and in CAS's case it has been so.

Thus, I put forward the question again: what is the future for RK? Is it Rule by a Corporation, or Rule by Freely Elected Representatives of all of the wonderfully diverse peoples of RK?
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

just one quick question, I seem to remember it being stated that the CoA was mearly a defensive alliance and had no intention of forming a governing body of the clans?. Now you are putting forward a republic? I think you need to get your PR straight

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

This was an interesting revelation about CAS and CoA.

But as I asked Enri about earlier, what reason do you have to even belive that the ICC will give your "Republic" the lease to Rubi-Ka if Omni-Tek do not get a renewal?

We have all seen through history how a ruling body of people with different views have struggled and disbanded because of inner turmoil. Just look at your own former CoT.

You where given parts of the terraformed Rubi-Ka to control. Those areas are now back under full Omni-Tek law, as your own ruling body have disappeard.

Do you really think Omni-Tek want war. War cost money, war disrupts trade and notum mining. Yes, that is a major concern of Omni-Tek and CEO Ross do nothing to hide that concern. Nor do the other corportation out there or the ICC.

They all want and need their regular Notum supplies. Can you at all as a Repulic guarentee the steady supply. That you will in the put all internal strife aside if this threaten the regular shipping of notum??

Is your view so narrow that you disregard any force outside those present on Rubi-Ka today? Do you really belive that if you manage to create a "Repulic of Rubi-Ka" that your struggle for "freedom" will be over??

What do you have to offer?? What can you promise the ICC and every corporation out there that depend on the notum deliveries?

Clarification from MD

This is to clarify certain misunderstandings here though it seems that most people here do have their prejudices and won’t change their opinions anyways. After all, there’s nothing that is so hard to change than a human’s way of thinking.

[OOC comments are put in square brackets]

1. The Past

The CoA initially formed to be a political movement, a rallying point for the clans due to the constant inactivity of the CoT so that our voice would be heard finally. We did not intention to replace the CoT, but all attempts to even contact them failed. Then we were contacted by a representative of Mr. Radiman who asked us to be patient as our efforts did not do any good, in fact, they further had weakened the CoT.

[Actually, the CoA was initially created to put pressure on FC to do something about the story and the CoT. Seems we played right into their hands, though in a totally different way.]

2. The Present

The CoA is now a military alliance. Though our member clans embrace the concepts of freedom and self-government, we do understand that these concepts are very personal to everyone and to each of the clans. This is reflected in the manifold organization structures, ranging from Anarchy to Feudalism, Republic to Department. We do not expect any unifying clan leadership to succeed. If even an enigmatic personality like Henry Radiman didn't do it, I see no one able to accomplish this goal.

While all this happens, Mr. Ross announces the Tir Accord to be void. Roughly at the same time, Mr. Ross declares that all neutrals are in fact still Omni-Tek's personnel and thus implies that all neutral held territories are in fact Omni territories. This rhetoric is geared towards a war.

It is futile to determine who started the atrocities. They happen, be it the person that simply "tests his new gun" on guards or the assassin that tries to backstab an unsuspecting traveller just to get a reputation for it [aka ganking]. We cannot stop that, there will always be people that disregard the value of life. With reclaim technology, this has become all the worse. We do also have people running through our cites and yelling “Join Omni-Tek.” And “Omni-Tek is your friend”. They are generally regarded as an annoyance but it all helps to keep the fires burning.

The true disappointment comes at realizing that we can’t do anything about it. People will continue slaughtering each other and almost any reasoning individual will sooner or later succumb to barbarism, too. The citation from Nietzsche further up is sadly enough true. We all have become part of the evil we try to fight and the demons of war are preying on us. Blaming each other might give you the feeling of being morally superior but does not help to solve the problem at all. No one ever fought a war for moral values, they are only excuses and every single party in every conflict claimed that they were morally right while the others were wrong. And the same rules of rhetoric argue that prior to any war, the other side was always defamed in any way possible.

So everyone is faced with a decision: Choose to cling to your precious prejudices and bias everything you hear using them. Choose to live in a world where good and evil do actually exist. Choose to be gullible for every deception ploy that propaganda comes up with. Choose to be blind for the truth, because truth does not propagate itself, it has to be searched for and sometimes it eludes you for all you life. Choose to live in a dream world. Choose the simplicity of being a slave.

Or choose to think for yourself, see with your own eyes and voice your own oppinions. On this voyage, there is no sincere man and you will see that everyone that stands in the bright light also throws a very dark shadow.

3. The Future

I need not be a prophet to say that there's a lot of people that will embrace the false prophets of war. Though I hope for Omni-Tek not to declare an all-out war on us, I fear that many Departments are taking the recent development as a welcome excuse for doing just that and it's propaganda machinery is already trying to turn us all into bloodthirsty monsters and faithless terrorists.

I can not speak for CoA, I can only speak for Mercury Dragons. We do not want war, but as always, there's the old rule: "If you want peace, be prepared for war." We will return any attrition in kind. If Omni-Tek personnel invades our territory, we will invade theirs. If they start killing our people, we will kill their people. We do not kill civilians. We do not plant bombs. We are no terrorists. Start thinking in the future, not in the past. There is no white and black any more, we’re left with shades of grey.

In fact, we fight Dust Brigade and the Cyborgs as they are an imminent threat to all the population of Rubi-Ka. I'm afraid but I haven't seen any of your personnel conduct any operations against DB or the Cyborg infestation. And this even though the Cyborgs in the Perpetual Wastes have occupied three of your bases and mine notum there with your equipment. It seems you don’t care, which was sadly the truth for most of the history of Omni-Tek here on Rubi-Ka. This does not imply that all of you think that way and I do hope that you realized that in the long run you can’t conduct business that way, but there is still a lot of people with you that have succumbed to the greed.

As always, truth eludes us and we can only guess what's right and what's wrong. I do not see all of Omni-Tek as my enemy. There are good people out there and I try to judge them by their actions and behaviour rather than by the badge they wear.

We are no renegade employees any more. We do not want to come back. The neutrals are mostly off-world colonists that came in after the Tir Accord and are thus legally here without being ever your employees.

As I usually do, I close with one word to everyone, including Omni-Tek, our fellow clans, our allies within CoA and even the neutrals and ICC: "War never decides who's right, only who's left." I stretch out my hand to every member corporation of Omni-Tek for a peace, but in the other hand I will still hold my sword for all those that seek to take a way what’s mine.

Lieutenant Corrine "Daimoness" Wright
    Public Relations Department
    Mercury Dragons Clan
    Founding member of the Council of Ares

[OOC: Now what I want to point out is that there's always an OOC in every IC situation. FC aims at a war between certain guilds, not an all-out war, but it’s part of the story they planned, so if we want it or not, we’re going to live in hell for the time being. This might be biased again when Shadowlands is out as then there will be new stuff in it for the “questing” roleplayers, but the booster will be land control and war.

And by they way, every single organization of guilds ended in senseless chatter up to now. As long as the roleplayers are doomed to share the servers with l33t kids and powergamers, we will be having having people that shoot guards and civilians and hang around in 25% zones to gank people and farm all the sweet spots like Tarasque, McNugget and others.

Last ... I do not usually care for the forums as my time is limited and I don’t waste my free time here with discussions that degrade into flames almost every time. Perhaps I’m emotionally detached due to a colourful real life with real trouble and real commitments, but I can’t help but feel that many people here are immature and generally unable to discuss on a non-insulting level.]
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

I think what seems to be annoying none CoA's clanners most is the Perceived arrogence and lack of diplomatic ability and courage of the CoA leadership. It has been stated many times that you exist to only defend the clans, but you seem to have taken it apone yourselves to defend all the clans, wether they want this or not. Each clan is a sovereign body, and you dont have any right to tell them what to do, unless they have joined your allience, and agreed to its rules. It is also been shown that you dont seem to have the courage to follow through on your commitments, if they go against you (the clan leadership vote to try and gain a cease fire with Omni-Tek). While all these may be flase views of the CoA's, you aren't really doing much to dispell them. The Responses back from the CoA come from various sources, are often seemingly contradictory, and sometimes hostile to anyone who doesn't hold exactly the same view as the person giving the response. I would suggest that if you want to gain and keep power and respect, some of these issues need to be addressed, and you need to do much to improve your PR.

lilnymph

[This post is IC]
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Our PR

lilnymph, the issue you address is already being solved. There will be a grid site for the CoA where you can look up all relevant information.

To clarify an issue: We do not aim nor are we able to protect all the clans. We will however protect and defend clan-held cities and points of interest to our best ability, which is a big difference. We will also help other clans in defending their notum mining if we are asked to do so. We cannot do more than offer our assistance. We will not help anyone that does not want our help and we do not want to be a "big brother". Besides, how do you think we want impose our will on other clans?

The CoA is a military alliance and as you said, each clan is souvereign, even more since the CoT disappeared (again). If a council emerges once more to follow in the footsteps of the CoT and is respected by the clans which includes us, we will hold to its rulings in the same way as every other clan does. In case this political entity would request that the CoA be disbanded, we will comply. But for the time being, the CoT seems gone for good and no other political body is able to form up. We will comply with any peace treaty or even attempts for a peace as long as the demands in it are not outright ridiculous.

Lt. Corrine "Daimoness" Wright
    Mercury Dragons
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Daimoness wrote
    While all this happens, Mr. Ross announces the Tir Accord to be void. Roughly at the same time, Mr. Ross declares that all neutrals are in fact still Omni-Tek's personnel and thus implies that all neutral held territories are in fact Omni territories. This rhetoric is geared towards a war.
    I belive I will have to correct you here Daimoness. If you go back and read the former Tir Accord, you will see that only Newland City where ever given full neutral status. And that anything outside Newland and the Areas given to the CoT. Everything was and is under Omni-Tek law, and belongs to Omni-Tek.

Even the areas that was given to the CoT where under partial Omni-Tek law, giving Omni-Tek the right to move in and arrest criminals. All they had to do would be to notify the CoT of the fact.

As for the Neutral citizens, as far as I can remember, Ross said that they are to be considered as Omni-Tek employees, ie. given the same rights for protection as an OT Employee.

"Last ... I do not usually care for the forums as my time is limited and I don’t waste my free time here with discussions that degrade into flames almost every time. Perhaps I’m emotionally detached due to a colourful real life with real trouble and real commitments, but I can’t help but feel that many people here are immature and generally unable to discuss on a non-insulting level."

I am guessing this last paragraph came out a lot harsher than you intended, but let me just say it's really, really bad form to post on a public forum that you consider said forum a waste of time and it's patrons to be generally immature.

I mean if you are trying to reach an audience to make your point, the last thing you want to do is alienate them this way. Is that what they teach kids these days at clan Public Relations school?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Savoy said....
    I mean if you are trying to reach an audience to make your point, the last thing you want to do is alienate them this way. Is that what they teach kids these days at clan Public Relations school?

I must come to the defense of Diamoness, This was an OOC statement So please do not tie it into her IC statements.

I also need to agree with Savoy.. It is not wise to say to those you are speaking to that you think of them as immature. It only makes your present and future postings mute points for no one wants to listen to someone who is "looking down on them"

There are alot of inteligent people posting on these forums. That statement dilutes your credibility to be looked at as one of those. That is not saying you are not.. just presents an image.

Food for thought, Otherwise very good post Diamoness.

Re: Clarification from MD

Originally posted by Daimoness
    It is futile to determine who started the atrocities. They happen, be it the person that simply "tests his new gun" on guards or the assassin that tries to backstab an unsuspecting traveller just to get a reputation for it [aka ganking]. We cannot stop that, there will always be people that disregard the value of life. With reclaim technology, this has become all the worse. We do also have people running through our cites and yelling “Join Omni-Tek.” And “Omni-Tek is your friend”. They are generally regarded as an annoyance but it all helps to keep the fires burning.
    I need not be a prophet to say that there's a lot of people that will embrace the false prophets of war. Though I hope for Omni-Tek not to declare an all-out war on us, I fear that many Departments are taking the recent development as a welcome excuse for doing just that and it's propaganda machinery is already trying to turn us all into bloodthirsty monsters and faithless terrorists.

I can not speak for CoA, I can only speak for Mercury Dragons. We do not want war, but as always, there's the old rule: "If you want peace, be prepared for war." We will return any attrition in kind. If Omni-Tek personnel invades our territory, we will invade theirs. If they start killing our people, we will kill their people. We do not kill civilians. We do not plant bombs. We are no terrorists. Start thinking in the future, not in the past. There is no white and black any more, we’re left with shades of grey.
    I wouldn't say it is entirely futile to determine who started these atrocities. Just look at what the CAS is doing in the CoA's name. Through the actions of the CoA, the Mercury Dragon's name will be tainted. The CoA supporters that attacked the Omni base in Avalon and 4-Holes in recent memory serves as a bitter reminder that it is not Omni-Tek, but the clans and CoA/CAS in particular that are serving to disregard innocent life and property in their senseless attacks with claims of self defense.

There is no need for propaganda to mark the CoA and all their supporting clans as bloodthirsty terrorists. Their actions speak volumes about trying to instigate a war between Omni-Tek and dragging the rest of the clans along wether they want to or not. I had the privilage of having been invited to a large meeting of clan leaders that do not share the CoA's views. Cease your clan's support of the CoA and their atrocities.

The CoA have mutilated and defaced the formerly "noble" pursuit of freedom for the clans into justifying their bloodthirsty ambition for power and wealth for themselves.

"We will return any attrition in kind."

Remember those words. My organization's HQ in the 4-Holes area was damaged in a clan attack. Many security guards were killed. Omni-Tek have been invaded and attacked by clans on a large scale basis when Omni-Tek have not done the same for several months. When the time comes for the CoA and their supporting clans to answer for their crimes remember the actions of the CAS in the CoA's name that braught this about.

Administrator Kithrak
    Red Tape/Omni-Admin

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The Responses back from the CoA come from various sources, are often seemingly contradictory, and sometimes hostile to anyone who doesn't hold exactly the same view as the person giving the response. I would suggest that if you want to gain and keep power and respect, some of these issues need to be addressed, and you need to do much to improve your PR.

lilnymph

CoA... CAS... MD others associated are all tainted.

Where you have well thought intelligent post by Kungwho...
    there are 4 others claiming to represent CoA's stance and
    reasons behind their actions. Some good, many contradictory..

The other problem is that your PR does not match your actions..
    You Claim to be a Republic.. and Militeristic Defense alliance..
    and yet the CoA aggressively attacks Omni unprovoked such as
    the Avalon incident..

When your Words and Actions no longer contradict each other
    perhaps then you will gain support.. Until then other Clans
    will have no choice but to openly oppose the Two faced
    incarnation that is the CoA...

**Note**
    As for CoA offering Kithrak an open invite to participate and Kithrak's decline I must make this comment..

Before I became Clan I was the Neutral representative for the
    Diplomatic Alliance created by Kithrak.. The DA sought to promote
    peace and understanding through diplomacy not war. CAS at this
    time found it appropriate to have Kithrak assassinated.

Problem is that CAS needs to come clean as to their true purpose
    CoA and CAS for that matter have far too many secret agendas
    in many peoples eyes.. And rightly so based on their actions..

Once the CoA's Actions and Words prove to be one in the same..
    Perhaps those like myself who oppose the CoA will not need to
    voice such concerns..
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Originally posted by Cyani
    CAS at this time found it appropriate to have Kithrak assassinated.
    I didn't know about that. The investigations by Omni-Pol didn't turn up any leads. Thankyou for the information. At the time I was killed in 4-Holes while surveying the damage to the HQ. The second wave of clanners arrived to assult the area and Patk9 snuck past the first line of defenders, meaning it was a delibrate action, not accidental.

The clans in the Council of Ares need to take a step back and look around to see "why" there is concern raised over the CoA's true aims and issues of ignoreing the other clan leaders' protests of their violent behavior.

Exclamation Coa Public Relations

First of all, I state again that for the time being, I cannot speak for the CoA as I have no official mandate for that. I speak solely for my own clan and for what I deem just and true. For now, the CoA has no official voice and all who speak here speak on behalf of their respective clans.

I understand that there is a problem with "defensive" and "offensive" actions and I also acknowledge that you can't tell this from the outside. As the CoA is right now in the process of defining its agenda and rules of engagement, I hope that these accusations of terrorism will be ended once these are public. And to prevent any discussions on that: The rules will be enforced and any action against these rules will be punished.

I would wish that we could - as we cannot negotiate a peace between all the departments and all the clans - at least try to negotiate a peace or at least a cease-fire between the factions that are interested in such a treaty.

I do not call you terrorists though I could also start naming incidents when OT employees caused mayhem and bloodshed in our lands. The question as to who started down the spiral of bloodshed first is very much like the question who was first, the chicken or the egg? You will have to go back a long time to the time of the first civil war. Bloodshed has never really stopped, and extremists like Red Freedom and Dust Brigade didn't help towards a real peace. Though is was not war, it wasn't a real peace either, an uneasy standoff. In conclusion a pointing of fingers will not help to slove the problem at hand. We must instead try to find a solution for the futere and a first step would be a common agenda of what's off limits. A start might be a definition of actions that are to be outlawed, like attacks on civilians [NPCs that are not guards] and other non-combatants [Players that are in "social armor"]. Though I personally would like to think of this as common sense, I have sadly learned that many people will even slaughter defenseless persons and I do regret that regardless of their affiliation. Such action is not even legitimate during a war, I consider that barbarism.

As for the Tir Accord and the "neutral" territories: So you claim that only Newland City is neutral by the Tir Accord? In conclusion Borealis and Stret West would be clan-held, too. I guess that the staff of Reets Retreat would not like this and there's a lot of Omni-Tek people coming there. I fact I enjoy it as it's the next best club all over Rubi-Ka after Baboons which is largely inaccessible these days for Clanners. Could we agree that as a matter of fact Borealis and Stret West can be considered "neutral", too?

According to the same Tir Accord, Omni-Tek has no right to maintain a base in Avalon, which is 100% clan territory. And you are supposed to guard MeetMeDere which has been in fact been performed by neutral guards. I would not object the presence of an Omni-Tek base in Avalon if there were any logical cause to it besides the fact that you have clan prisoners there that you take great care to display in a transparent plasteel dome. You have no business there. You do not even try to contain the Cyborg threat in the area. The only thing that happens once in a while is that one of the Slayerdroids wanders off to Camelot and attacks the guards there. I wonder why Sir Galahad hasn't done anything about it yet. The same is true for the constant flow of OT people through Camelot which take great care to kill the castle's guards in passing by.

"The biggest sin towards humanity is not hatred but indifference. This is the quintessence of cruelty."

Lt. Corrine "Daimoness" Wright
    Mercury Dragons

[ooc: well, my words were meant as a hint to the fact that I'm virtually unaware for what's going on here on the forums and I had some pretty bad experiences back during the time I used to be on the forums. I had a flashback reading some of the posts here but I also have to admit that there's some reasonable posts from what I would consider good rolelpayers here, so I will make a comeback on the forums. Maybe my other post was a bit biased as I bumped into a l33t powergamer only an hour earlier in Omni-Trade that flamed me for a simple comment in a way that I would have simply knocked him out of this shoes if it were in real life.

And another thing: I have learned through life roleplaying that you can only really play a conflict if you have people that agree to a common agenda. CoA is effectively a quite extreme organization and we want to roleplay the conflict with all its possibilites, incuding not only PvP battles but also conspiracy, intrigue and politics. We do not aim to be IC everybody's darling but I would like to play some cross-border plots with MD and any interested other guild.]
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Kungwho of CAS, Lt. Corrine "Daimoness" Wright of Mercury Dragons and Cyani I am uploading the access codes for the diplomatic channels on my private frequency. The time for disscussion grows short. I am intrigued by your views and am open to the possibility to disscuss this in more detail.

I urge you Daimoness to not try to justify the CoA/CAS's attacks on Avalon and 4-Holes as legitimate. The base in Avalon has been there for as long as anyone can remember and attacking it will only serve to give those that wish within the company that want to join the CoA in bloodshed more leverage to work against those of us working against any major millitary operation within clan areas.

Of course, that still dosen't answer the question of why the CAS sent someone to kill me or the recent attacks on Red Tape's HQ. Our insurance costs have risen over 120% since these attacks started. Where is the justice in that?

[OOC: Think we should start a new thread? Its getting really long.]

Re: Coa Public Relations

As for the Tir Accord and the "neutral" territories: So you claim that only Newland City is neutral by the Tir Accord? In conclusion Borealis and Stret West would be clan-held, too. I guess that the staff of Reets Retreat would not like this and there's a lot of Omni-Tek people coming there. I fact I enjoy it as it's the next best club all over Rubi-Ka after Baboons which is largely inaccessible these days for Clanners. Could we agree that as a matter of fact Borealis and Stret West can be considered "neutral", too?
    Hmmm, Borealis and Stret West clan held?? What on Ka gave you that idea??
    Tir Accord. Annex 1A: Territorial Division
    Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains.
    Can you tell me where on that list you see Borealis or West Stret Bank?? And if you read that well, you will see that the former CoT was only given the right to supervise those areas.

According to the same Tir Accord, Omni-Tek has no right to maintain a base in Avalon, which is 100% clan territory. And you are supposed to guard MeetMeDere which has been in fact been performed by neutral guards. I would not object the presence of an Omni-Tek base in Avalon if there were any logical cause to it besides the fact that you have clan prisoners there that you take great care to display in a transparent plasteel dome. You have no business there. You do not even try to contain the Cyborg threat in the area. The only thing that happens once in a while is that one of the Slayerdroids wanders off to Camelot and attacks the guards there. I wonder why Sir Galahad hasn't done anything about it yet. The same is true for the constant flow of OT people through Camelot which take great care to kill the castle's guards in passing by.
    True, there is nothing in the former Tir Accord that mentions OT's bases in Avalon, but if you want to bring up that point, then please also list your own bases, like the one that Sir Galahad got in Pleasant Meadows not far from Omni-1. And the clan bases in Broken Shores and Deep Artery Valley.

Now on the matter of OT Employees that kill Sir Galahads guards. If you really want to bring that issue up, let us at the same time bring up the countless officers that have been killed in Omni-1 and Rome by your fellow clanners. Should we call for an investigation of the numbers??

Please Corrine "Daimoness" Wright, do at least pick up the Tir Accord and read it before you put down your claims or conclusions. Omni-Tek have been holding back on Borealis and the Last Ditch area of Stret West Bank, as I see it to avoid conflict, even while the Tir Accord was valid, and is as I see it still holding back, letting the ICC patrol the areas to avoid conflict.
    Last edited by Moradus; Oct 31st, 2002 at 10:06:28.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast