Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clanners, a call to reason!

actually Betti I don't think I started a thread...

here or anywhere about CAS, CoA or Redruum.

What I did do was to counter the ridiculous political rhetoric and point out the inconsistancies in what was being claimed.

Stop making outrageous claims and I'll not need to keep pointinig out the falacies and inconsistancies. And I hope I never have to point out the atrocities once perpetrated and planned. *smiles*

CoA and CAS seem to be going out of their way to start a war where there currently is none.

Tell me please; what WAS the point of your recent attack on OT? What was it in retaliation to?

We know why the CoA was formed and what it tried to do. My issue is that it was summarily abandoned at the request of that very entity it vowed to defeat. Why would anyone trust leadership that dissolved and abandoned its followers once already?

Originally posted by Nursebetti

Actually, the comment after the vote was taken was that 'It was not a majority and is not binding on any participants.'

I'm sorry the CoA has gotten the recent press Nelida, it must be killing Vixentrox that her stories haven't been posted lately.

Join CoA, condemn CoA, do as you choose. It is in-evitable that a person who seeks to lead a coalition of clans and is vocal will be seen as a self serving glory hound (hmm, that sounds familiar). These acusations are not new from you or the other leaders of W-E. Your personal dislike of CAS and Redruum are really starting to show now.

Two-faced political rehtoric? CoA started as a force to dis-lodge the CoT and their in-effectiveness. After backing off and giving them a chance, the accusations of OT that the CoT funded the Dust Brigade led to the CoT fleeing into the night.

Now the CoA has risen again to unite the clans in a common defense against OT and their inevitable march on clan lands. Offer them flowers if you want, we'll sharpen our swords for when the war comes.

Angry its like this

OOC:

This discussion, supposedly RP, has passed on into personal arena. It is no longer RP as it should be, it has become a place where previous associates come to vent the grievances of their past. I am sorry, Nelida, but I was not there when you and some other players decided to split from CAS and form another guild. I joined shortly afterwards. I am sorry not only because I cannot relate at all to what you are talking about, but also because this discussion that was supposedly centred around general political upheaval within both the Clans and the Omni-Tek, has now become far too personal.

The intentions that you ascribe to CAS and its leadership in particular are not evident to me as a member although I admit I have not been in the guild for long and in no way involved in actually running the guild. What happened within the ranks of clan-leaders in the past, with CoA and so on is also not known to me in such detail as it seems to be available to select few. There is clearly more going on behind closed doors than ALL clan-leaders are letting us know. That makes me wonder whether any talk of unity is merely that - talk. Since it appears that it is not the clans that need to unite but the few people who are clan leaders. It is also obvious that no alliance, apart from CoA, in MY PERSONAL OPINION <to save on flaming>, is prepared to work with all members of the community. Select social clubs, which some factions within the clans appear to be, appear to strive constantly between themselfs, scoring points and pointing fingers. It is no fun like this.

/end OOC

And to Omni Re:
    "Your actions have been reported to the appropriate authorities and approval for an investigation is pending."

Kiss my a**e!
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

*Kithrak turns off his deskcomp's viewscreen and chuckles lightly to himself. He gets up from his desk and turns to look out the window from his office in Omni-HQ.*

"Foolish clanners, their leaders within the CoA will lead them all to ruin." He mused to himself.

*Presses the intercom button on his desk.*

"Secretary, get my Yalmaha warmed up. I have some people to visit and pack one of those ViaTek Guardian droids......."

[OOC: Disscussion closed from my end because I don't want this thread to turn into a flame. Don't count me out yet. I'll be back.]
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Napolean
    Get the hell out and never insult Redruum, you could never be half the leader he is.
    Ah, this was the reason thousands died to form the clans, and gain freedom. So others could walk in and take it away for their own gains.

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Re: its like this - No it is not like this...

OOC also:

I have NOT been responding on a personal level here. Every bit of what I've said so far is RP...not one little bit OOC and personal.
    My reasons for leaving CAS were predominatly RP and I maintain exceptionally good relationships with most of the members...very few I ever had personal problems with, they are all very nice people. I have RP problems with a group that has always been more interested in attacking everything in sight and has had little or no interest in diplomacy...that was MY predominate reason for splitting from CAS. Others I make no attempt to speak for.

What I rail against here are the constant political diatribe posts pushing the CoA down our throats. Not you personally but in RP, as I see the CoA and its leadership based upon their past actions (which apparently you do not have insight into) in conjunction with their current ones. Every single point I have made is valid. All that I've seen in return is basically "ignore everything you've seen so far and join the CoA now because OT is overrunning us"...not too good RP reasons for joining that coalition, hence my responses.

And, as I've pointed out, I never once initiated a thread about CoA or CAS...all my posts have been direct responses to other's posts.

OOC off..

IC on:

The CoA has a history of having quit on us once before...and with about as much warning and discussion as the CoT gave before quiting.

The CoA leaders attacked OT instalations without provocation (at least any I can see). They also did this after participating in a vote for a cease-fire by Clan leaders. Thier excuse was that it "wasn't a binding vote". This attitude does not bode well for future decision making by CoT leaders when confronted with majorities of Clans that do not agree with their direction.

Some CoA member clans are seen by almost all of OT, and very many Clans as well as Neutrals, as being terrorists. This leaves little room for any diplomatic solutions as, rightly so, OT has little reason to form diplomatic ties with what it percieves as terrorists. This leaves the only option for both sides a new war...is that what the Clans want to rally behind? A one-way path to war? While this might be only an image problem it is one that may well preclude any serious diplomatic solution to our issues with OT.

Please address these issues directly representatives of CoA.

Originally posted by Fiqh
    OOC:

This discussion, supposedly RP, has passed on into personal arena. It is no longer RP as it should be, it has become a place where previous associates come to vent the grievances of their past. I am sorry, Nelida, but I was not there when you and some other players decided to split from CAS and form another guild. I joined shortly afterwards. I am sorry not only because I cannot relate at all to what you are talking about, but also because this discussion that was supposedly centred around general political upheaval within both the Clans and the Omni-Tek, has now become far too personal.

The intentions that you ascribe to CAS and its leadership in particular are not evident to me as a member although I admit I have not been in the guild for long and in no way involved in actually running the guild. What happened within the ranks of clan-leaders in the past, with CoA and so on is also not known to me in such detail as it seems to be available to select few. There is clearly more going on behind closed doors than ALL clan-leaders are letting us know. That makes me wonder whether any talk of unity is merely that - talk. Since it appears that it is not the clans that need to unite but the few people who are clan leaders. It is also obvious that no alliance, apart from CoA, in MY PERSONAL OPINION <to save on flaming>, is prepared to work with all members of the community. Select social clubs, which some factions within the clans appear to be, appear to strive constantly between themselfs, scoring points and pointing fingers. It is no fun like this.

/end OOC

And to Omni Re:
    "Your actions have been reported to the appropriate authorities and approval for an investigation is pending."

Kiss my a**e!

Re: Re: its like this - No it is not like this...

Originally posted by Nelida
    OOC also:

I have NOT been responding on a personal level here. Every bit of what I've said so far is RP...not one little bit OOC and personal.
    My reasons for leaving CAS were predominatly RP and I maintain exceptionally good relationships with most of the members...very few I ever had personal problems with, they are all very nice people. I have RP problems with a group that has always been more interested in attacking everything in sight and has had little or no interest in diplomacy...that was MY predominate reason for splitting from CAS. Others I make no attempt to speak for.

What I rail against here are the constant political diatribe posts pushing the CoA down our throats. Not you personally but in RP, as I see the CoA and its leadership based upon their past actions (which apparently you do not have insight into) in conjunction with their current ones. Every single point I have made is valid. All that I've seen in return is basically "ignore everything you've seen so far and join the CoA now because OT is overrunning us"...not too good RP reasons for joining that coalition, hence my responses.

And, as I've pointed out, I never once initiated a thread about CoA or CAS...all my posts have been direct responses to other's posts.

OOC off..

IC on:

The CoA has a history of having quit on us once before...and with about as much warning and discussion as the CoT gave before quiting.

The CoA leaders attacked OT instalations without provocation (at least any I can see). They also did this after participating in a vote for a cease-fire by Clan leaders. Thier excuse was that it "wasn't a binding vote". This attitude does not bode well for future decision making by CoT leaders when confronted with majorities of Clans that do not agree with their direction.

Some CoA member clans are seen by almost all of OT, and very many Clans as well as Neutrals, as being terrorists. This leaves little room for any diplomatic solutions as, rightly so, OT has little reason to form diplomatic ties with what it percieves as terrorists. This leaves the only option for both sides a new war...is that what the Clans want to rally behind? A one-way path to war? While this might be only an image problem it is one that may well preclude any serious diplomatic solution to our issues with OT.

Please address these issues directly representatives of CoA.

And, BTW OT representatives, CoT is gone, the Clans WILL have to find a new governing body. There are those of us that have not breached the Tir Accord and have not the intention of doing so while there is a political solution possible. My suggestion is that you not listen to the radical elements within your own organization any more than the Clans should listen to the radical voices within our own. All these two outspoken war-mongering factions would have is a huge war for their own entertainment...and at our expense.

Peace IS possible but it will take bravery, hard work and insistance. Swinging a sword, with the obvious safety-net of reclaim, is the easy choice and the one that affords little growth and prosperity for any of us. You choose.

Question

OOC:

It is very interesting to see how Fiqh does his best to stop threads going against the CoA, claiming them to be moving from IC RP towards OOC person bashing.

And then finishing the OOC post with the "very diplomatic"
    Originally posted by Fiqh
    Kiss my a**e!
    If this is representative for the Counil of War (CoA), hmmmm......

IC:

It is good to hear that what I hope is the view of the majority of the clanners. As I see it, the Council of War (CoA) only want just that. WAR!. I hope that it will not come to this, that there can be a better solution.

Originally posted by Moradus
    It is good to hear that what I hope is the view of the majority of the clanners. As I see it, the Council of War (CoA) only want just that. WAR!. I hope that it will not come to this, that there can be a better solution.
    *Posts a political cartoon on the gridfeed. It depicts the Council of Ares with the Ares crossed out and replaced with Council of War (CoW) with a giant cow chargeging into battle urgeging the sheep labled "clans" to follow it over the cliffs of destruction. A caption reads, "Don't be a sheep and follow the CoW into oblivion!"*

[ooc]P.S. Depending on my if drawing skills are up to snuff, I just might draw a real political cartoon. Thanks for the inspiration Moradus.[/ooc]

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

ooc: You are wasting your breath The whole storyline changed in such a fashion that its leading to one of the climaxes ( even bigger then Sabulum)
    they introduced the factions to follow (including CoT which will make a comeback eventually) and all on hold atm why?. They are too busy with Notum wars where the real story kicks in after these warming sessions. Notum wars is designed in such a fashion that it ll satisfy both RPers and Powergamers.

FC is promoting war atm and its inevitable. When Notum Wars hits the market there will be the climax I speak off... a great war which only then people will try and find a way out of this seeing their losses.

Omni should be backed up some by FC tho since clanners are way more powerful then them and wipe most of Omni mines in short notice.

So there ll be war... Why else would FC introduce all those battle machines and structures and play along while getting them ready?

CoT declared as criminals

CoT fell ( No real reason for it as well if you come to think. FC needed a reason and created their own to make Tir Accord invalid)

Tir Accord in valid ( so the background is ready for the war )

And Notum Wars is almost finished and rdy to hit the market.

Anyways just my thoughts. I am sure some of you think this way as well.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: OOC:

You ment something like this Charles??

http://mmo-roleplaying.net/images/cow.jpg
    now that I like hehe

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

lol! I love it
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

That is great!!!!
    Where is my T-shirt
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Red face

CoW?

Ares is the greek god of war. Surely CoA beat you to this conclusion since it is in the name already.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Enri
    CoW?

Ares is the greek god of war. Surely CoA beat you to this conclusion since it is in the name already.

exactly what I was about to post.

lilnymph, I don't even know where to start with you.

I will say: that comment was made on a personal level, i.e. how great of a leader Redruum is internally, within the CAS and the CoA. His diplomatic decisions were of no relevence.
    Proud Veteran of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

Superb job. It is hilarious!

If you are an Omni-Tek employee, I'd like to extend a personal invitation for you to consider working in our department. If you are a clanner, I still commend you. I can only shake my head at the "udder" lack of comprehension for the CAS people that think the political cartoon is good.

Greetings my old friend Nel, and greetings Cy.

Greetings Kithrak. Though we have never met, I have heard much about you, and raised my voice (favorably to you) in CAS relating to an incident involving you many moons ago. Nelida is aware of these circumstances.

In any event, allow me to say a few things on behalf of CAS. First, CAS has undergone many changes recently, and the folks posting here seem to be unaware of this. Many of these changes were brewing before Nel's departure from CAS, but were only embraced strongly by CAS after Nel's departure.

In a word, CAS has embraced a Republican vision for the Clans, and, it hopes, eventually for all fair minded folks in RK, regardless of current labels. CAS therefore looks past the labels of Omni, Clan and Neutrals in search of folks committed to Republicanism.

CAS's embrace of Republicanism began with Redruum's speech in Tir, first announcing the CoA. The CoA is intended to be a first attempt for clanners at organizing a Republican and Democratic governing body. Guild leaders would collectively share power, voting in equal fashion to establish policies affecting all clanners.

Allow me to add that CAS's commitment to Republicanism is most evident in its recent organization elections for President. This election allowed anyone to run (4-5 ran on the ballot, including the current CAS vice-president), and Redruum was elected by overwhelming majority. Cynical minded folks may dispute that the election was fair, etc., but CAS's and Redruum's Republican intentions were genuine (the vote was performed using organization voting), and I think there nothing that can be said to deflect critics already hardened against CAS.

Having said this, Kithrak, I am aware of your reputation as a fair-minded and generous leader. Personally I would like to hear your views as to a Republican form of government for all of RK--instead of corporate rule, which does not provide a proper forum for the voice of RK citizenry to be legitimately felt. The dismal past of violence between Clans and Omni Corp can be recited in gruesome detail, but this sort of exercise does not lead to any promising future. We believe that the only legitimate form of government for all peoples of RK--in all their diveristy--is old-fashioned representative democracy as existed in old Earth. This is what we are committed to, because we believe such a form provides the best opportunity for the violence and excesses of past corporate rule to be mitigated, and for the natural character of diverse peoples to be debated, melded, and legitimately expressed.

CAS currently looks to the CoA as a first step to forming a more viable Republican governing structure for the Clans, which could eventually be expanded to include all like-minded citizens of RK, whether currently Omni, Neutral or Clan. Clanners who object to CoA actions are indeed welcome to partake in its governance, and voice their opinion as to the direction of CoA. But this requires commitment, and resignation to the will of the majority. CAS leadership is committed to Republicanism, and relegates its will to the will of the majority issuing from a legitimate Republican forum. It is trying at the moment to organize such a forum, and will continue to do so despite scepticism and meritless allegation.

Indeed, Kithrak, I would personally encourage the CoA to accept you, and Red Tape--though Omni employees--into its ranks if you and Red Tape are equally committed to Republicanism. For truly--for CAS and for Redruum--this is not about power and violence, but about a Republican future for all of us--despite the violence of the past that has consumed us all.
    Last edited by Kungwho; Oct 26th, 2002 at 23:20:54.
    Kungwho Buddha-Bellied MA
    Zapsta Notum-Plump NT
    Awdd Keepster Gimpster

Originally posted by Napolean
    I will say: that comment was made on a personal level, i.e. how great of a leader Redruum is internally, within the CAS and the CoA. His diplomatic decisions were of no relevence.
    Who the hell is Redruum, anyway?

Oh! I remember, he's that little guy who wears the ninja mask. Funny man, interesting nickname... it's almost 'MURDER' spelled backwards. I have heard as little about his accolades as I've heard of you; nothing!

Now, let me point out the obvious... He only speaks for himself and those people who follow his obvious ideals of bloodshed. He does not speak for the clans as a whole. Anyone who believes otherwise is sadly mistaken.

The Council of Truth, which seems to have taken an abrupt vacation, has been nothing more than a scapegoat to many. They have been mocked, accused of villainy and ostrasized. Yet these men and women have done more for the clans in the last year than Redruum has done for the the Clans in his entire lifetime. Peace was in our grasp, but men like Redruum decided that war was a more appealing alternative.

The Dust Brigade are not the only terrorists on Rubi-Ka. There are others who only seem to be motivated by bloodshed, and it these people are present in every political faction on Rubi-Ka.

In the spirit of that clever image, I couldn't help but make this:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~will1146/images/war.jpg
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Kungwho
    CAS currently looks to the CoA as a first step to forming a more viable Republican governing structure for the Clans, which could eventually be expanded to include all like-minded citizens of RK, whether currently Omni, Neutral or Clan. Clanners who object to CoA actions are indeed welcome to partake in its governance, and voice their opinion as to the direction of CoA. But this requires commitment, and resignation to the will of the majority. CAS leadership is committed to Republicanism, and relegates its will to the will of the majority issuing from a legitimate Republican forum. It is trying at the moment to organize such a forum, and will continue to do so despite scepticism and meritless allegation.

Indeed, Kithrak, I would personally encourage the CoA to accept you, and Red Tape--though Omni employees--into its ranks if you and Red Tape are equally committed to Republicanism. For truly--for CAS and for Redruum--this is not about power and violence, but about a Republican future for all of us--despite the violence of the past that has consumed us all.
    I'll start off by saying its refreshing to auctually hear from someone that is intelligent. What you say the CoA, CAS stands for and what they have done are very different things. I can believe that the CoA was "origionally" founded with democracy and mutual respect in mind for the clans.

What the CoA is now in the past and present do not suggest such a future. What the CoA have done was terrorize, kill and destroy Omni-Tek employees and property. Examples of this can be traced back to the attack on an Omni base in Avalon designed to watch over the Knights clan. The base was part of a system of checks and balances to ensure stability. The attack have threatened to destroy that.

CoA claims to fight for peace and defending the clans. They end up launching attacks for no reason other than to launch assults Omni-Tek might attack in the future. It dosen't take a genious to figure out that if enough unprovoked attacks happen (curtesy of the CoA, CAS) Omni-Tek will do something about it. Though it will not be the "glorious" war that the other clans will be dragged into collectively.

The most recent attack on the 4-Holes area was unacceptable. Our organization's HQ is a target on the list of the CoA's pre-emptive defensive strikes?

As for the offer to join the CoA, I am appalled. I cannot in good morals even consider such possibility when the CoA have been harming Omni employees, who's only crime if any was doing their job and duties?

Administrator Kithrak

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast