Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam!

Steam!

Maybe I just cant find it, but was the Steam thread deleted?

It was removed, I'm guessing the overwhelming enthusiasm the thread gathered was just too much
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Well it looks better over at steam from the comments in the forum there
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    It was removed, I'm guessing the overwhelming enthusiasm the thread gathered was just too much
    Nice maybe if they can be that fast to fix exploit on the WE instead of just clean the forum -_-
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Nice maybe if they can be that fast to fix exploit on the WE instead of just clean the forum -_-
    Baby steps drist, baby steps
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Baby steps drist, baby steps
    At this rate it will be the stillbirth :X or even a sudden death syndrome baby
    Last edited by dritst; Feb 22nd, 2017 at 21:51:09.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Maybe .. it's a soft opening ? And we'll see the emails going out to accounts active and inactive alike next week, I mean it's just a send to group click right ?

Hoping so.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

So tried adding it to library, as I already have the data, but ofc it forces you to download it...
    Unless I'm missing something?

Still a steam nub myself.

On the bright side, we got a new Icon: https://s2.postimg.org/pm73pu6lh/Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Freqflyerdnt; Feb 23rd, 2017 at 03:53:59.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

I'm seeing it as a soft opening too. I've noticed that I get a Funcom promotional e-mail anywhere from a day to week after an event has started for AO.

the re-download is standard Steam behavior and one of the biggest complaints about it. You've just installed a 30+ gb game from DVD and have to do it all over again? Yep. I like Steam a lot but it does have warts!

Still wondering who made that page and vetted that content on there. Why is the steamlaunch without some sort of membership offer, mega sale on all the packs and stuff that you can buy?

Is the marketing dept. run by interns?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

It looks like the only difference between the (old) clients is that the (old) steam client has an empty file named "steam" in the root folder and a lack of a manual uninstall program.

The presence of the "steam" file adds the "New Account" button to the login screen. It's just a flag.

You can directly copy over the new client over the old client and it will run as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    As it has always been
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

My PC runs AO with a lower performance when openeing from Steam, so I Will probably just stick with regular client.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What marketing department? FC might have one, but I don't think they are aware that AO exists
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

As an experiment, I literally copied + pasted my live AO folder (new engine ndGUI, reshade maps etc) over the steam AO folder and launched the game, works fine only snag was it lost some of the graphics slider settings and turned FXAA on, easy to set right again, however steam overlay doesn't work still, but if you add AO as a non-steam game ... it does go figure.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Small problem atm : games sticks @ 1 minutes played so you can't do any review about AO in Steam (with limit of 5 minutes minimal playtime to post).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Small problem atm : games sticks @ 1 minutes played so you can't do any review about AO in Steam (with limit of 5 minutes minimal playtime to post).
    It has been resolved by this brilliant hack

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=870229920
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    It has been resolved by this brilliant hack
    Works only on Intel, apparently. And it's a bandaid wich need deeper fix. Also, the Steam stats for AO doesn't work neither ... 1 player since 24 hours ? C'mon

http://steamcharts.com/app/396280

I wrote that and I have an AMD CPU. How did you come up with that clearly incorrect assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    How did you come up with that clearly incorrect assumption?
    I've just been *clearly* following the guide, step by step and, even the few times i managed the exe to be suspended by PE (nb : sometimes it simply refused the operation, even with ProcExplorer under admin user ...) it still went to "Ready to play" instead of "Playing" status within Steam, aka stucking at 1 min 4 ever. As read on Steam forums, where someone suggested the trick worked for Intel only, i've supposed (hence the word "apparently", wich suggest i'm not sure of anything) it explained my issue as i'm AMD.

Bottom line, the Legendfluff trick with SAM (Steam Achievement Manager) using AO ID (396280) worked for me : with this, i managed Steam to believe the game was running ("Playing" status on) during 4 minutes - wich is still far from the 12 years i've spent around as froob+sloob. After that i could review the game pretty much positively.

But that still need real fix as both tricks (PE or SAM) are just band-aids
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 24th, 2017 at 11:33:12.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast