Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GMI possibly insane tonight

For those who had been stripped, don't forget to ask for compensation, it is a paid service (you pay subscription)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

That is one solution... I hope they can get those items placed there though for us...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

What about the items missing in gmi? my engi lost fullset cc, nball handguns and the symbs yesterday...

Rizzi ... I'm in the same boat. QL300 CC set, a couple of symbs, belt, NCUs. It also took off a couple of Social items that I literally can't put back on myself due to faction-specific tags.

Use the help page (http://help.funcom.com/)

In the email, specify:

Game: Anarchy Online
    Account Login Name: [yours]
    Character Name: [yours]
    Subject: GMI stripped my items and they were in GMI when it was disabled
    Items: [list your missing items, be specific]

PS. I filed my email more than 48 hours ago and no response (not just nothing done ... no reply yet except the auto-responded). However in-game petitions will just tell you to do the above as the in-game petition answerers don't have the ability to look at the logs. I've sent in a refresher every 24 hours to the email. Will post if/when I get anything back.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

yes did that... petitioned it too, but that was a bad comunication from FC no response is the worst thing they could do. I´m not realy amused about it. i crafted that armor by my self in 2007 and every toon had it equipped so it is a personal history for me. even the nball handguns took me nearly full Halloween this year to get it, okay did not loot it but bought it from a friend of mine who got lucky while we where teamed...

Just got a note back that my items were returned to my affected character and put back on (except the social gear but I kinda figured). Going to bed so haven't checked directly. Just reporting back so folks know they are starting to wade through the emails.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Just got a note back that my items were returned to my affected character and put back on (except the social gear but I kinda figured). Going to bed so haven't checked directly. Just reporting back so folks know they are starting to wade through the emails.
    Makes sense that they started it now after GMI is removed, would have been no point in doing it before then if it could just happen again.

All those who have been "hacked" by the so alive GMI used old engine?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

i use the old engine
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    I doubt that the engine had anything to do with it, seems like it would've been something server-side.

Nope, happened to me on the new engine.

New here

yes me 2 i lost like 5 grace.......... :P

Grace have gone also been hacked at gmi ?
    Wish there was some update from funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Opentrade View Post
    yes me 2 i lost like 5 grace.......... :P
    Only yesdrop items were affected, and only from your inventory and wear window. Those items were sent to the GMI inventory, or to your mailbox if it was full. Claiming that you lost grace is either ignorance, or an attempt to defraud Funcom. If it's the former, don't worry, your grace are safe in your GMI when it comes back up. If it's the latter, I suggest you delete your post and think long and hard about what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by NotInAGuild View Post
    Only yesdrop items were affected, and only from your inventory and wear window. Those items were sent to the GMI inventory, or to your mailbox if it was full. Claiming that you lost grace is either ignorance, or an attempt to defraud Funcom. If it's the former, don't worry, your grace are safe in your GMI when it comes back up. If it's the latter, I suggest you delete your post and think long and hard about what you're doing.
    Pretty sure it's easy to tell Opentrade was referring to the fact that the GRACE(s) are indeed "lost", until GMI is restored.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by NotInAGuild View Post
    I doubt that the engine had anything to do with it, seems like it would've been something server-side.
    If i don't mistake (and i might) most of the hackz i heard about was on old engine. It was partly a reason of my question. Well just by curiosity, i'm not good enough in informatic to even understand why they used old and not new engine -and even if this is true .

Anyway it happened on old and new engine. It is just strange it is happening only NOW, duno what they changed except Grace or the fix with the .dll

If i don't mistake (and i might) most of the hackz i heard about was on old engine. It was partly a reason of my question. Well just by curiosity, i'm not good enough in informatic to even understand why they used old and not new engine -and even if this is true .

Anyway it happened on old and new engine. It is just strange it is happening only NOW, duno what they changed except Grace or the fix with the .dll
    Doesn't have to mean there was a recent change, only that it was recently found.

So... how many months do we have to wait for any status update about this issue? And how long after that to get it actually fixed?

Most of my creds are tied up in the GMI so this really pisses me off even if none of my characters were unequipped.

I find it really odd that something this big happens and not a beep is heard from the devs in the following days after the initial copy/paste reply "we are investigating, thank you for your patience" bullcrap.

And btw, don't thank me for my patience. i don't have any left. I genuinely hate it when game companies thank the players for their patience instead of saying they are sorry and trying to convince the players that they are actually working to fix the issue.

The correct thing to do is saying "sorry, we f*cked up. We're doing the best we can to fix this as fast as we can" followed by details what is been done and when the players can expect a solution.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    So... how many months do we have to wait for any status update about this issue? And how long after that to get it actually fixed?

Most of my creds are tied up in the GMI so this really pisses me off even if none of my characters were unequipped.

I find it really odd that something this big happens and not a beep is heard from the devs in the following days after the initial copy/paste reply "we are investigating, thank you for your patience" ....
    You can only partly blame fc for this. To the lesser extent.
    Be angry, you're entitled. Be upset, you're entitled.
    Be patient. You're entitled.

They will fix this however they fix it. If they can fix it.
    I think it's a bigger issue than some of us/you expect.

Give them the benefit of the doubt. This isn't prof rebalance. This isn't new engine. It's not anything like that.

This is a malicious attack on something we all love and enjoy.
    If you can't be patient beyond maybe asking for an ETA, just keep quiet.
    You can ignore me. Shout at me. Or whatever. I'm too old to care.

This is a problem, I bet nobody ever foresaw in any brainstorming session or due diligence.

Shut up and keep up, like the adult I assume you to be.
    If you're a teen, listen to your elders.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast