Thread: New attributes nanocan, treatment & complit mastery cans

New attributes nanocan, treatment & complit mastery cans

By including these nano cans you are explicitly making AO pay to win.

requiring players to spend ~1200 funcom points for 8 attributes, 15 complit and treatment that are unobtainable otherwise just ruins the game for me. As someone who enjoys twinking low levels to their fullest potential, this is a huge slap in the face. Unless these nano cans are Title level locked to tl4+ (when players are using more symbiants and ql 200 implants aren't much of a hurdle), they basically break competitive lowbie twinking by forcing players to either pay $10 to the developers for a bonus ~3 implant Ql's and a higher belt/ncu, or settle with only the best ql's that you can achieve with ingame credits. I can see the use for these, for instance if you are twinking your main and you just need that extra 15 points of complit, or 8 more points of intel or something at tl6/7. Then one might be willing to pay 400 points for a quick boost that could otherwise be found in superior gear or symbiants, purely for convenience. And even that is pay-to-win, just not game-breakingly pay-to-win. Essentially, with this update practically every twink below level 75 is outdated in the sense that nobody is truly twinked to their maximum potential any more.

tl;dr funcom introduced overpowered overpriced p2w twinking nanocans to the itemstore that seriously piss me off, and I'm pretty sure the developers have said before that they don't want to make AO pay-to-win with the itemstore, so what gives?
    Last edited by Blazeit420; Jan 29th, 2017 at 21:37:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

I wouldn't want these cans available at all, and at least tl lock them to tl5+. If you're making a lvl 10-20 twink the effect is huge.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

It allows 150 MAs to put on 300 ofab pants and 270 CC set, 158 soldiers(or lower) to equipp 300 ofab, I got 1750cl on my 200 advy despite lacking 2 important gear parts...the benefits for these are huge and awesome, but the OP is right, it makes the game pay to win. You HAVE to pay if you want to compete with people who pay....
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

And this is a paid game. FC has to bring in revenue or the game will be shut down entirely.

It blows. But this is the way of the modern gaming world.

And all of this is talking about sub-220 twinking which is something FC never REALLY balanced for anyway. In fact FC liked to ignore twinks pretty much completely. I don't think they'll mind if this means people who want twinks pay a little more (or the converse: fewer twinks as the ones who are willing to pay annoy the crap out of others). Nor do I think they'll care if it means older toons need to pay to get back into the top twink condition.

Look, as a player I understand the frustration. But there has to be a level of realism to the issue. AO is getting sub-critical on subscription mass. If they don't find alternate sources of income ... you won't be playing any toons here.

220s constantly have to upgrade to new expansions if they want to stay top shape. That costs money as well. People who park twinks at a certain range and can viably play them for 10 years (and while most twinkers also have 220s, not all do) are a less active revenue stream. Believe it or not, running servers and keeping a (albeit skeleton) crew keeping the lights on still has a cost.

FC made core decisions badly on AO, it could have gotten a lot of boost from things like the new engine and rebalancing, but the fact it is still online this far down the road is fairly impressive. Want to see a 20th anniversary? They'll probably have to do other things to make money in that time as well. Unless they can figure out a strategy for bringing in net-new subscriptions they're likely going to do more of this sort of thing.

That said ... FC ... the -level- of the buffs from these things was silly. They should have been based on title level (35 CL @ 201, -5- CL @ TL1, etc). Something to keep in mind when designing in the future.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    It blows. But this is the way of the modern gaming world.
    No it's not. Anarchy Online has never been pay-to-win before and there are tons of games that are not and shouldn't be. It'll ultimately push old players away, and let's face it, they are the ones keeping the game alive by returning for periods at a time.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

At least these cans should be yesdrop....
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Although i agree its dangerous territory having these cans in the game, i don't think its as game breaking as people are making it out to be. there is only one instance i can think of off the top of my head that makes this can unfair. looking at the above comments i want to explain a few things.

'As someone who enjoys twinking low levels to their fullest potential, this is a huge slap in the face' Granted. technically speaking you wont be the best you can possibly be without these cans, however the difference really is minimal. if your looking at a tl2 toon, lets just say a 30 enf for arguments sake. without the cans lets say you can do ql 140 implants which is resonable. (im not too upto date on lowbie twinking imp levels) picking right wrist for example which is an important imp. 1hb/so/mm the benefit is 75 SO/ 45 1hb / 30 MM, reqs for this imp are 284 Agi, 668 treatment. 284+8=292 668+15=683 you can now equip a ql 142 implant. the actual gain from this is 2 so (changes nothing, doesnt allow you to do anything you wouldn't be able to without the can. other than save 2 points worth of IP. which is pretty much nothing. 1 1hb / 1 MM, which again, afaik doesn't actually change anything, it doesn't allow you a 105 beater offhand afaik. i understand you can go much deeper, but across the board its 1-2 points and in some cases might not even change at all. the actual total bonus your looking at is very minimal. People seem to be forgetting SKILL. it's not all about gear.

'It allows 150 MAs to put on 300 ofab pants and 270 CC set, 158 soldiers(or lower) to equipp 300 ofab, I got 1750cl on my 200 advy despite lacking 2 important gear parts...the benefits for these are huge and awesome, but the OP is right, it makes the game pay to win. You HAVE to pay if you want to compete with people who pay'

This is just silly. 150 ma's can do 300 pants without the can, you need gunship. so, therefore, still possible without, argument is invalid. no ma uses a 270 cc set. most use 3 pieces, a maximum of 5 if in an Ar setup. 264 is still possible, both are OE, with 264 pieces you gain 9.75 ar. with 270 you gain 10.5 ar. a difference of 0.75 AR per piece. meaning you actually gain 2.25 - 3.75 AR depending on setup. i have a 150 ma, 4 AR isn't going to mean you perk another evader at 150. 150 MA takes a lot of practice and timing to be good and that 4 ar wont simply make you awesome. once again, skill > gear. as for the rest of your statement, 158 soldiers can do 300 ofab without sinew (a friend has done it), so, get sinew, and you can still equip it anyway at 158. as for your 200 adv, you basically just said you were lazy with gear, thats not game breaking, you didnt do anything that couldnt otherwise be done, if you equipped it and it was impossible without can it would be a different convosation.

The ONLY case i can think of which makes a huge difference is a 150 enfo being able to equip 300 Ofab, but considering the current state of enfo at 150 i'm not worried. i AM concerned if they introduce more things as things start to add up.

TL;DR its not as important as you're making out. technically speaking you wont be as good geared, but skill>gear anyway.

Its a matter of principles!

For several years there was not even 1 case like this.
    Now when population is decreasing and majority of players are veterans and hardcore twinkers introduction of those items is like slap in the face...

I would like to write more but the only thing I would get is another banned forum account!

I like the option to buy the ease of not having to farm in a dead game, at the end of the day, if you look past self entitlement, ego's "I'm a vet blah blah.. yeah and part of the problem", The growing trend is item shops, and the term pay to win is the stupidest thing ever, they give the option for people who have money and WANT to spend it on items.
    people who don't or have spent 10 years grinding there stuff, whine and complain..
    I like the item shop, I have plenty of money to spend in it, because you don't doesn't make it wrong or bad.. and why would it be a bad thing to have more twinks for pvp or pvp, all I hear is whinning there is not enough pvp or empty zones..
    Boo hoo get over yourself, the nomr for MMO's now is to have these options, it's about revenue that can be made for profit not for "ok sorry you're upset, we will remove it"..

In a few years there will probably be no "heavy" subscriber based games without buy options in them, single player, co-op multiplayer almost all have it now, AO is barely a multiplayer, it for sure lost the mmo tag years ago.

And that said I have played the game for 14 years, last 4 off more than on, that said the ultimate issue here is Funcom, they do not see AO as being greater than when it hit it's peak yeons ago, and will never be that game again, it served it's purpose it created revenue for the company to do other projects, that is normal.
    It would have been nice to have had some final work on AO, but this will never happen, and steam will if it ever happens, like the new engine, will just serve as a foot note for some quick cash to help a very troubled company, FACE FACTS AO will never get the treatment it needs or deserves being the flag ship game for Funcom at one point, they moved on and do not care as long as people will pay 15 a month why should they..lol

they have greater sub based games running that would get all attention before AO, those die hard vets and happy happy joy joy people can chant all they want.. the only positive and positivity from this game would be for it to close with what grace it can, I will take my memories and move on, even though I pretty have ( like closure would be nice)
    and sell the ip to some inde

Take it or leave it, like it or not that's a fact which has been stairing you in the face for years
    I like pears

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcorpz View Post
    Although i agree its dangerous territory having these cans in the game, i don't think its as game breaking as people are making it out to be. there is only one instance i can think of off the top of my head that makes this can unfair. looking at the above comments i want to explain a few things.

'As someone who enjoys twinking low levels to their fullest potential, this is a huge slap in the face' Granted. technically speaking you wont be the best you can possibly be without these cans, however the difference really is minimal. if your looking at a tl2 toon, lets just say a 30 enf for arguments sake. without the cans lets say you can do ql 140 implants which is resonable. (im not too upto date on lowbie twinking imp levels) picking right wrist for example which is an important imp. 1hb/so/mm the benefit is 75 SO/ 45 1hb / 30 MM, reqs for this imp are 284 Agi, 668 treatment. 284+8=292 668+15=683 you can now equip a ql 142 implant. the actual gain from this is 2 so (changes nothing, doesnt allow you to do anything you wouldn't be able to without the can. other than save 2 points worth of IP. which is pretty much nothing. 1 1hb / 1 MM, which again, afaik doesn't actually change anything, it doesn't allow you a 105 beater offhand afaik. i understand you can go much deeper, but across the board its 1-2 points and in some cases might not even change at all. the actual total bonus your looking at is very minimal. People seem to be forgetting SKILL. it's not all about gear.
    its actually a base increase of two implant QL's throughout the entire twinking process, which will mean even more bonus points of treatment/complit/abilities and will add up to more than just two implant quality levels as you are able to ladder to higher ql imps. It will actually mean that certain things are possible at lower levels than ever before. Besides, as Hans76 said, It's a matter of principles!

Consider this. remember those level 21 stygian traders with silken legchoppers? that should now doable at 18, but only if you are willing to pay funcom about $10.
    Last edited by Blazeit420; Feb 2nd, 2017 at 01:16:45.
    #BAN_SOJU

Quote Originally Posted by way2stupid View Post
    I like the option to buy the ease of not having to farm in a dead game, at the end of the day, if you look past self entitlement, ego's "I'm a vet blah blah.. yeah and part of the problem", The growing trend is item shops, and the term pay to win is the stupidest thing ever, they give the option for people who have money and WANT to spend it on items.
    people who don't or have spent 10 years grinding there stuff, whine and complain..
    I like the item shop, I have plenty of money to spend in it, because you don't doesn't make it wrong or bad.. and why would it be a bad thing to have more twinks for pvp or pvp, all I hear is whinning there is not enough pvp or empty zones..
    Boo hoo get over yourself, the nomr for MMO's now is to have these options, it's about revenue that can be made for profit not for "ok sorry you're upset, we will remove it"..

In a few years there will probably be no "heavy" subscriber based games without buy options in them, single player, co-op multiplayer almost all have it now, AO is barely a multiplayer, it for sure lost the mmo tag years ago.

And that said I have played the game for 14 years, last 4 off more than on, that said the ultimate issue here is Funcom, they do not see AO as being greater than when it hit it's peak yeons ago, and will never be that game again, it served it's purpose it created revenue for the company to do other projects, that is normal.
    It would have been nice to have had some final work on AO, but this will never happen, and steam will if it ever happens, like the new engine, will just serve as a foot note for some quick cash to help a very troubled company, FACE FACTS AO will never get the treatment it needs or deserves being the flag ship game for Funcom at one point, they moved on and do not care as long as people will pay 15 a month why should they..lol

they have greater sub based games running that would get all attention before AO, those die hard vets and happy happy joy joy people can chant all they want.. the only positive and positivity from this game would be for it to close with what grace it can, I will take my memories and move on, even though I pretty have ( like closure would be nice)
    and sell the ip to some inde

Take it or leave it, like it or not that's a fact which has been stairing you in the face for years
    at least your name fits
    I don't think you understand the topic so why don't you play elsewhere
    Last edited by Blazeit420; Feb 2nd, 2017 at 01:26:30.
    #BAN_SOJU

Quote Originally Posted by Blazeit420 View Post
    at least your name fits
    I don't think you understand the topic so why don't you play elsewhere
    The name was made for people like you...

OP, By including these nano cans you are explicitly making AO pay to win.
    Me, I like the option to buy, the ease of not having to farm in a dead game, and further more if you could read into what I wrote, the reason these things are in game is because people will pay for them, and no one wants to play a game where you can't get buff help, thus items shop to help you.

Try to read before you comment,
    I like pears

Quote Originally Posted by way2stupid View Post
    The name was made for people like you...

OP, By including these nano cans you are explicitly making AO pay to win.
    Me, I like the option to buy, the ease of not having to farm in a dead game, and further more if you could read into what I wrote, the reason these things are in game is because people will pay for them, and no one wants to play a game where you can't get buff help, thus items shop to help you.

Try to read before you comment,
    LOL you really dont get it ???

We do not mind selling in items shop all kinds of convenience items, instance bundles, SL keys, quest reward items etc.
    Because they all can be obtained ingame anybody has a choice for example to do Bazzit Quest or to buy Bazzit Library from items shop.

WHAT WE DO MIND IS: new nanocans with buffs that adds 8 more to base abilities and 15 more comp lit and treatment that nano that are available ingame.
    SO to make it even easier to understand:
    Selling same items for $$$ that is possible to get ingame = OK
    Selling more powerfull item for $$$ that is not possible to get ingame = BAD