Thread: What is in the Explorer Packs?

What is in the Explorer Packs?

The descriptions on these are extremely vague and I don't think anyone wants to spend money on them when they have no idea what will be inside.

The descriptions look like this:
    "Prepare to conquer the Temple of Three Winds. This bundle will provide a set of protective gear, initial weaponry, and a small Backpack to keep your belongings.
    You will need at least 3 inventory slots to open this pack. The weapons and armor of this bundle requires you be at least level 60."

And all the others look exactly the same except for the place/level of interest.

I'd like to know too.

Some whale help us.
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

no db rips yet. go bug demoder.

I like how the Biomare pack is "you need to be at least level 100 to open this pack" yet biomare is max level 100... so they're saying 101+ can open it for a place that they won't be able to enter?
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    I like how the Biomare pack is "you need to be at least level 100 to open this pack" yet biomare is max level 100... so they're saying 101+ can open it for a place that they won't be able to enter?
    I believe its 100+, not 101+

Is it not just a pack of items that can be found in Biomare? Like, if you missed out on going there to loot, you can just buy the pack instead? If that's the case, the 101+ req makes perfect sense.

.. "you need to be at least level 100 to open this pack" ..... so they're saying 101+ can open it ...
    Refresher of relational operators:
    At least 100 == equal or bigger than 100. Therefore usable at 100.

Still waiting for the real captain who sacrifices for the greater cause to check contents.
    Last edited by Coffay; Dec 26th, 2016 at 02:15:22. Reason: less temper more to the point
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Enfohip View Post
    I believe its 100+, not 101+
    Ah, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Coffay View Post
    I like how you copied a single phrase which is crystal clear and managed to complain about it because you misinterpret it.

No. 'so' they're NOT saying 101+. They're saying at least level 100. That's literally what they said. You literally just copied it in front of whatever you made up.
    Refresher of relational operators:
    At least 100 == equal or bigger than 100. Therefore usable at 100.
    This guy, however, couldn't be more of an ass hole in his response lol.

The premise still stands. You use it at 100? Useless for biomare... you're preparing to leave Biomare at that level.
    Characters:

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

You use it at 100? Useless for biomare... you're preparing to leave Biomare at that level.
    For normal gaming, yes. But if you look at it from a "shopuser's" (or whatever you wanna call it) point of view, you can run for the credit card -both in game an irl actually- juice up to 60 and get that pack, get whatever you want from ToTW, juice to 100 and get that pack, get whatever you want from foremans... and i suppose go on like that. Makes sense to me. Used to be a word for this, and it wasn't "pay-to-win".

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    For normal gaming, yes. But if you look at it from a "shopuser's" (or whatever you wanna call it) point of view, you can run for the credit card -both in game an irl actually- juice up to 60 and get that pack, get whatever you want from ToTW, juice to 100 and get that pack, get whatever you want from foremans... and i suppose go on like that. Makes sense to me. Used to be a word for this, and it wasn't "pay-to-win".

/G13
    The problem with this logic is that it's more resource efficient to buy credits (GRACE) and simply purchase the services you want. Biomare services are sold more rarely, but then again there's practically no Prof that needs the gear from Biomare at 100. Leading up to 100, sure, but by 100 you have better options for virtually every profession with relevant gear from Biomare.

GRACE for $15 is still selling for an average of at least 4B. I guarantee you can get all items in ToTW & Biomare from twink services for 200m, and that would be a high price to pay. These new packs were poorly thought out and clearly just an aim to milk money from the clueless newbies they hope to lure in with Steam launch, which is both short-sighted and simply wrong. You won't secure a long-term fanbase by replacing sensible content levers and direction with the ability to drop real cash in its place, and it's not doing any favors to veterans that this is honestly how little the developers/marketing team thinks of the game's player-base.
    Last edited by Lenaro; Dec 24th, 2016 at 23:02:00.

Offcorse grace price could drop significantly... Was 300M not long time ago... Butyes as it stands totaly useless to buy anything but grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Tried buying the totw explorer pack. It had all ofab weapon styles. Same as subway weapons, but a bit improved. All no drop ofc. And some non-leveling lvl 60 armor. Stripped silencer armor. Pretty ok for its level.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

post stats of armor and a weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Tried buying the totw explorer pack. It had all ofab weapon styles. Same as subway weapons, but a bit improved. All no drop ofc. And some non-leveling lvl 60 armor. Stripped silencer armor. Pretty ok for its level.
    Can you please confirm the stats for the weapons and did it contain an OFAB gradade weapon?

They're no Ofab Grenade/RE/ME weapons, the stats are mostly worse or barely better than the RK weapon store options due to level locks which is sad as the C0# weapons were meant as a baseline and not a superior option.

For example comparing rifles that a 200 agent could get on below.(the better of the junior ofab weapons tbh)

Junior Ofab Cobra
    NODROP
    Rarity: Exotic
    Quality level: 200
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Level from 200 and
    Aimed Shot from 910 and
    Rifle from 1366

Ammo type: Energy Weapon Ammo
    Damage: 173-382(182)
    Dps: 65.4-144.3(68.8)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.00s
    Recharge 1.50s
    Equip delay: 1.00s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 30m
    Special: Snipe
    Max beneficial skill: 1826
    Attack skills: Rifle 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 100%
    Damage type: Disease AC

BBI PS500 - C02
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Aimed Shot from 751 and
    Rifle from 1501

Ammo type: Bullets
    Damage: 100-500(200)
    Dps: 37.8-188.9(75.6)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.00s
    Recharge 2.00s
    Equip delay: 1.50s
    Initiative: Ranged Weapons Initiative
    Range: 25m
    Special: Snipe
    Max beneficial skill: 2400
    Attack skills: Rifle 100%
    Defence skills: Dodge-Rng 100%
    Damage type: Imp/Proj AC

Cons: less max/crit damage, weaker ASs, less MBS and costs real money(in some cases lots of money).

Pros: slightly faster recharge, Faster AS, more min damage, 1sec swap time and simple to get on.

In my personal opinion these explorer packs are a scam meant for the 5-10 lazy people willing to shell out 10/20/30/50 dollars for inferior convenience (non-leveling silencer armor really?) instead of spending 5mins TSing (0 reqs) C0# weapons.
    I would of mentioned Hiisi armor as a fair alternative but the whole "hiisi bundle" messes that up sadly.

ATM 40 dollars can get you 2 GRACEs for 6-7bil creds for AI armor (reselling old sets if required) + the rest for points to get AI 3 insta + enough extra creds for better weapons on GMI and services for nodrops.
    40 bucks for 1-220 seems better than just the 215 pack filled with stuff that's barely decent even if a 200 could wear it.

Ill make a double post with the stats on the rest of the junior weapons at 200, you can guess the stats at 215 as being 8% ish better.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jan 4th, 2017 at 19:14:28. Reason: correction on AS

*AOItems updated so weapons are there now*
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jan 5th, 2017 at 02:57:57. Reason: AOitems updated

I see that AO-Items has been updated with the weapons included in the various "packs". It looks like the Junior Ofab weapons range from low ql's to ql 220? Does this mean they "click to level" with you? Or, do the different packs have different qualities of the same sets of Junior Ofab weapons? Does the included armor packs also "click to level"? This would make a big difference to whether or not the packs are purchased ...

Any one know?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I see that AO-Items has been updated with the weapons included in the various "packs". It looks like the Junior Ofab weapons range from low ql's to ql 220? Does this mean they "click to level" with you? Or, do the different packs have different qualities of the same sets of Junior Ofab weapons? Does the included armor packs also "click to level"? This would make a big difference to whether or not the packs are purchased ...

Any one know?
    If you click the "Verbose" button on the right side of the screen on aoitems, it gives you a good bit of info about that!

On one such item:
    https://aoitems.com/item/303283/silencers-bulwark/
    It shows an attribute as "MoreFlags Autolevel" while on any of the Junior Ofab weapons, it doesn't exist.

There also doesn't exist a "use" option, using the example with Newcomer's Armor:
    https://aoitems.com/item/297662/join...rs-body-armor/
    With the same "Verbose" options enabled, you see "Can Use", while on the Junior Ofab weapons there isn't that tag.

From these, one would assume that they are set to the level you get them and that's it.
    Characters: