Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New UI

Quote Originally Posted by Coffay View Post
    the good;
    + I think the informative pop ups are pretty good instead of forcefully splitting the UI to show descriptions.
    + The new layout is cleaner and more 'natural' with the top menu bar.
    + Subscription days counter is nice to have

the could be better;
    - If you are going to sell bundles they need to say exactly what is in them.
    - The top bar is huuuuuge and the overal graphical style (buttons, backgrounds, menu icons) does not 'feel' like AO.
    - 'Special' category is too vague, not to mention most items there might as well belong in 'Convenience' e.g. garden keys, armor, lvl boosts. Might I suggest something along the lines like Account or Account upgrades, and put in the account wide stuff and account upgrades in there.
    - 2 columns will make for a lot of scrolling when the store starts filling up again

I felt creative and threw this together in ~20 mins based on my own ultra important feedback
    http://imgur.com/a/XNFm5
    Hey, this is a great example of constructive feedback and critique--thank you! I'll pass your thoughts and mock-up onward, although I'm not sure a complete layout change will happen at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Was there some other technical errors that occured that made this whole shop look like ****?
    This, by contrast, does not help anyone. If you have something to say about what we can make better, please do so--but do so in a civil, constructive way. If you don't like something, please explain why, and/or offer a suggestion. We're more than happy to hear you out

That said, from this point forward, posts like this may be considered trolling/flaming and a violation of the Social Guidelines.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

The new shop is physically painful to use, I was actually looking forward to it thinking "Well golly gee, it'll be nice to have a friendly UI and better items!".

It's just indescribably inexplicably bad, nothing can justify a change to a site 10x more primitive than the last. And the repeatedly bull**** excuse of "Oh the tech doesn't support search!" is just even more aggravating, well it did it before? was the last site Jesus or something with magic abilities because it sure as **** worked better than this.

Right in the feels Michi, that's all I can say. This update hurt and I can't actually see ANY positive, whoever gave this the go ahead should be ashamed.

Edit: P.s. Coffay's 20 minute example reminds me of the grid a bit and is already 12x better than whats there, just rubs salt in even more. >.>
    Last edited by Nadiao; Dec 21st, 2016 at 22:53:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiao View Post
    The new shop is physically painful to use, I was actually looking forward to it thinking "Well golly gee, it'll be nice to have a friendly UI and better items!".

It's just indescribably inexplicably bad, nothing can justify a change to a site 10x more primitive than the last. And the repeatedly bull**** excuse of "Oh the tech doesn't support search!" is just even more aggravating, well it did it before? was the last site Jesus or something with magic abilities because it sure as **** worked better than this.

Right in the feels Michi, that's all I can say. This update hurt and I can't actually see ANY positive, whoever gave this the go ahead should be ashamed.
    Would you kindly elaborate on why you feel the new shop isn't meeting your expectations? How is it affecting your experience, and what about the old shop do you feel was better (other than the search function)?
    Community Manager

Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

The overall look of the new item store, is like an 1998 CD-rom menu that came with a magazine. It does not fit with the general AO menus in any way shape or form. Which makes using it from ingame quite jarring.
    The descriptions, are not nearly descriptive enough; people need to know specifics like "is it no-drop when I get it?" "Does it have a level requirement to use it?" "how much does this buff this stat for, and for how long ?" etc etc.

Overall, it's somewhat embarrassing experience to use.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey, this is a great example of constructive feedback and critique--thank you! I'll pass your thoughts and mock-up onward, although I'm not sure a complete layout change will happen at this stage.

This, by contrast, does not help anyone. If you have something to say about what we can make better, please do so--but do so in a civil, constructive way. If you don't like something, please explain why, and/or offer a suggestion. We're more than happy to hear you out

That said, from this point forward, posts like this may be considered trolling/flaming and a violation of the Social Guidelines.

Okay, I apologize for sounding rude, but I won't apologize for being honest.

What made the old shop good;

*The UI was simple, it was good in the sense that you could have a good overall look on the whole shop in one take.
    *There was appealing advertisements
    *There were good and easy to find information about each individual item (plus screenshots of visuals)
    *The different categories were suitable for each items purpose.
    *The design itself had smooth colours that were easy on the eye and clean overall design.
    *The claim system was easy to understand and only made items visible that your own character/account could claim.

What made the old shop bad;

*The prices were super high.
    *Some items missed information wether it was account bound or character bound.
    *Many useless items that noone wants for also stupid prices.
    *Many items were yes-drop that possibly got manipulated by players. (This is a good/bad scenario. It's good in the sense that people with a lot of ingame money can purchase it, and enabling people who wants to get ingame creds for irl money instead of buying from credfarmer sites.)

What makes the new shop bad;

*The colours are too intense for the eyes.
    *The colums are too oversized
    *The design feels cheap and childish.
    *The lack of more in-depth information about each item and also bundles and what contains in them. Also, no visuality of what the items looks like (ingame)
    *The removal of many good lookig social items. (I guess you will add them later on. I'm thinking about those spiky floating stuff, neat looking helmets etc.)
    *Prices are still too high. With lower prices, you will get more costumers. (Ai3 for 600 is a pretty okay price. But more in the 400 range would be nice)
    *I repeat, the shop itself is too oversized. Too much scrolling neccesary to reach to the bottom. (And there's not even many items.).
    *You took items that people liked and made them only accessible through bundlepacks. NOT GOOD. Make more seperate items so people can choose more freely.

What makes the new shop good;

*It is quick. (Except for when you press membership, then it loads pretty slowly. Understandable though).
    *It doesn't contain useless items that noone wants.
    *I feel there's a trend going on with more powerful items coming to the shop. I can't decide if it's good or bad. It is a convenience though.
    *It is a good initial thought that needs a lot more fine tuning.
    *All items are no-drop. This is like i said earlier, a good and a bad thing. Bad thing for those who had money ingame but not in real life. They get punished a lot. Also those who wish to make a quick buck ingame by using their irl money, can't do that anymore. I understand this prevents exploits.

Correct the prices, give us less intense colours, make the colums, text, boxes smaller, and make the item icon bigger. Like others suggested, make it three colums at least and a little more precise categorisation. I liked the design that Coffay did, it also fits AO theme.

Hope this criticism is more appreciated.
    Last edited by Oliveerz; Dec 21st, 2016 at 23:55:10.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I won't ask you to apologize for being honest! Thank you for your understanding and for your input; it's greatly appreciated.
    Community Manager

Your "professional" comments are also greatly appreciated but sadly they have no value.
    Something that was average/OK now is bad and you call it an improvement!!!

Please lets try to be more specific and give me even 1 improvement compared to "old items shop"

The look of the new shop and the drop in functionality, with no clear gain to the consumer due to price jacking on many things and unclear item descriptions, has left this feeling like a step backwards. It would be best to put the old shop back online until this one can be improved.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by coffay View Post
    the good;
    + i think the informative pop ups are pretty good instead of forcefully splitting the ui to show descriptions.
    + the new layout is cleaner and more 'natural' with the top menu bar.
    + subscription days counter is nice to have

the could be better;
    - if you are going to sell bundles they need to say exactly what is in them.
    - the top bar is huuuuuge and the overal graphical style (buttons, backgrounds, menu icons) does not 'feel' like ao.
    - 'special' category is too vague, not to mention most items there might as well belong in 'convenience' e.g. Garden keys, armor, lvl boosts. Might i suggest something along the lines like account or account upgrades, and put in the account wide stuff and account upgrades in there.
    - 2 columns will make for a lot of scrolling when the store starts filling up again
    qft!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Main problem is that design language doesn't follow what has been established for AO years ago. Even GMI doesn't do it, but at least it isn't trying. Maybe take style notes from there. The top bar doesn't have much to complain, apart from taking too much space and buttons on left being bit unclean
    Not knowing exactly what is in a box is an other minus.
    Also the sub-page window should scale properly. Or not be there at all.
    Having days visible is good.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

As a web-designer myself, I like the new shop. Icons are big and it is more clear to use.

Negatives are that the buttons and icons are horrible and look from 90s.

The reason for the change could be the Steam overlay. The old shop was partially based on the in-game UI system, like the tabs and the search bar. It probably needed to be changed to purely browser-based so that you can make purchases via Steam.

Otherwise I agree with other posters that it's a step back from what we had in both functionality and beauty.

Make the breed change be like 500 FC points. No one is going to use 20e for a breed change atm. I would love to make my fixer into atrox but not at that price. You should in fact lower all the prices to make more sales.

To much texture on the UI, should have smother texture background, not noisy.

This is how i do UI design. https://scontent.fosl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...7d&oe=58E768C2
    Last edited by ByLogic; Dec 22nd, 2016 at 17:55:32.

Main issues visually are definitely the background not being a solid colour, small image sizes and the 1990s style buttons.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

I find it somewhat funny, that the only place the Community Team concerns itself with participating in any form of communication is with regard to the item shop.

Exploits, game development and general feedback matters not, but hey, it's very important that the place players can send us more money is top notch....
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I find it somewhat funny, that the only place the Community Team concerns itself with participating in any form of communication is with regard to the item shop.

Exploits, game development and general feedback matters not, but hey, it's very important that the place players can send us more money is top notch....
    I'm sad to say this, but that's exactly the focus that FC seems to have taken in the last years. It's a very VERY clear sign of their priorities and should be regarded as such (imo).
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

It looks like its been designed in Mario Paint on the 8bit Nintendo Entertainment System.

http://retrovania-vgjunk.blogspot.co...terpieces.html

EDIT
    Just realised that Mario Paint was on the 16bit snes and far superior to the new Itemshop.
    Last edited by gresh; Dec 23rd, 2016 at 12:53:52.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Yeah, the new shop GUI is not good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast