Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make it downloadable

definitely worth a bump !
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Originally posted by wrecklass

Elementary my dear Zylina. If it is downloadable, then the game stores and the distributors will refuse to carry the boxed version. Funcom NEEDS the boxed versions to be visible in stores for awhile to sell more copies. It is part of the advertising to actually have boxes out there in the real world.

Why should a store have it on their shelf if they know we can simply go download it on the Net? They won't. So Funcom needs to do this for awhile to boost sales.
    So they want to attract people who don't play AO to buy it. In the meanwhile, they lose a substantial part of their playerbase who don't happen to live next to software etc. There are a lot of people who are not going to pay 40-50 dollars (how much I have to pay for instance because shipping is like twice the cost of the game), just to gain the org benifits from this booster. And in a nutshell, that's all the booster gives you.

Doesn't sound like smart market sense to me. *shrug*

Methinks since we will have to buy anarchy online AGAIN to get the booster, that this is just an cheap trick of selling more stuff... but thats just me, im paranoid.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Why not make it possible for us that preordered it from FC-Store to Download it at least, since they don't seem to have a clue if they're gonna get it or not...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Even if they offered the downloadable version for 24.99 (5 bucks more than retail) it would allow those in other countries to get it.

Those of us who HATE going to the mall will be forced to do so.

Make it downloadable. Heck Funcom. You already have the latest version of NW. Copy it a drive somewhere and make it good to go.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

I would gladly pay more for a download option than retail.
    How big is it, if my game can be patched I bet it wont be 650 megs, probably more like 100-200 megs.

If they want, code up some kind of thing where you buy the CD key, then it gives you a private URL for the download, then it would limit excessive pounding of their servers.

Again, I would gladly pay MORE for the convenience of the download option.
    And I stand by my promise not to buy the boxed version, I try not making statements like that cause im an addict like the rest of us, but I'm neutral so the expansion does exactly jack **** for us anyway. So I can resist and just wait for the download option.

But I'll download it and pay for the key to get voice commands and other frivilous stuff like new yalms.

make it downloadable!
    bump

Originally posted by Zerosignal
    well lets put it this way....
    this supposedly 'cheaper' then expansion pack will end up costing me(an Australian)..

Ordering From the US
    The Game: US$19.99
    Shipping US$31.99
    Total US$51.98

this has to be some twisted joke right?????
    the game costs less then shipping.....
    So have a buddy over in the US buy a copy of it for you, and send it via the post office. But make sure they don't put a stamp on it with their address being the To address and your address in the From area. You'll get it sent back to you because you didn't put a stamp on it lol.
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

I really dont think that would work for overseas.

Oh and check out this thread, thanks to Slapster for finding the quote from an interview:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postid=902115

"later on" we might get a download option is the jist of it.

Its not gonan be released in canada...
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Why not make it an option for those of us that already have an account? Just put the download on a secure server that we have to access with our game account name and password, then download away... charging to our monthly bill, of course. Not lookin' for a freebie here either.

But, of course, I'm probably going to have to order it online. *sigh*

Question Why is it not downloadable?

Why FC?

I am new to this game. I read a lot of articles with mad people and stuff about nerfs and I quit etc..

Why can't I download NW like I downloaded AO?

My credit card was "accepted" and "payment complete".

My cash is not good anymore for notum? Only I have to buy a box
    that ends up in a trash dump with some bird choaking trying to eat the jewlcase of NW. Lol. that's a joke but funny huh?

I will be buying this because it looks and sounds exciting.

Vash,

Oh I am disabled btw. So for me being disabled that less pain I have to suffer driving to the mall to buy it. Not that big of a deal but it's another angle. FC can email me for proof that im disabled if they don't belive me hehe. I am disabled U.S. govt employee.

Originally posted by Zerosignal
    well lets put it this way....
    this supposedly 'cheaper' then expansion pack will end up costing me(an Australian)..

Ordering From the US
    The Game: US$19.99
    Shipping US$31.99
    Total US$51.98

this has to be some twisted joke right?????
    the game costs less then shipping.....
    I am pissed, shipping to Hawaii is $20.

-zep
    Who wrote this movie, and why am I starring in it?

why send it at all?

Originally posted by Voislav

So have a buddy over in the US buy a copy of it for you, and send it via the post office. But make sure they don't put a stamp on it with their address being the To address and your address in the From area. You'll get it sent back to you because you didn't put a stamp on it lol.
    extremely likely you only need a key period.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll bump the "make it downloadable" thing.

You can order, and get everything online these days from various companies with excelent deliveries, and then FC goes ahead and chose Digital River. WHY???????
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

NW going online today, and still "backordered" on Digital River...
    E-mailed them several times, last for termination, nothing in responce...

FC please change from Digital River, they are clearly NOT serious...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Saruzi
    Some people just don't understand. Funcom doesn't regulate the costs for shipping. Anyways, Christmas is coming and Funcom needs something on the shelf for the Holiday season. Regardless what you whine or say it won't get changed. Profits+New comers or Passed out new free content+Bandwidth sucking. Hmm, make money and get a bunch of holiday window shoppers to buy the box and game and get new subscriptions, or just pass out the new content for free while shooting our bandwidth bill higher. Hmmm. Hard choice, isn't it? You can really find that good ol "Lack of common sense" within the lowly educated masses.
    I think you missed the point. I havent heard many people ***** about paying. It is that we can not download it. I for one have no problem paying the $20. Since I can't download, I have to mail order it and pay shipping & handling which is around $15-$20 and takes longer. Your bandwith comment is silly too, since the AO cd is downloadable. Why do you assume they pay by the byte for net service? It is probably fixed cost for them.

Originally posted by Hexar
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll bump the "make it downloadable" thing.

You can order, and get everything online these days from various companies with excelent deliveries, and then FC goes ahead and chose Digital River. WHY???????
    The irony kills me, Digital River specializes in downloadable purchases.

-zep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast