Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make it downloadable

Originally posted by Saruzi
    You can really find that good ol "Lack of common sense" within the lowly educated masses.
    LoL! I suppose you went to grade school at least, since you can read but has no grasp of understanding what is actually written.

I really love this kind of 'better than thou' comments when they come from someone who obviously hasn't read what the download option really is about.
    I will not bother to explain it to you, no use spreading pearls before swine, but you are one funny li'l noob.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Bump for downloadable NW!

I have _never_ seen Anarchy Online in a store in my country, so to get it i would have to order it and pay such an insane price Zerosignal would have to pay.. doubt i'll buy it then.

Downloadable please!

No way I'm going to order it with those insane shipping prices.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It really must be downloadable, otherwise I would have to wait a month or something similar to get it here.

I would never had started AO if it hadn't been downloadable last year in the first place.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Make it downloadable!

Booster ($20) + Shipping($35) = Full New Game price for me (almost).

Clashes with SWG. I am going SWG w/ cancellation to AO if I can't pay $20 and download Booster component.

I have a job --> can't play two MMORPG's. So Downloadable Booster on the day of it's release will decide my MMORPG as of booster release.

Looking at what 14.6 will have to have to support non-booster owners, 14.6 will be the same on the client as booster.

There may be one more interface to control those towers, but in terms of graphics, sounds, shops, etc, everything will be the same. Only difference, Booster ownership unlocks ability to own/control these items in-game.

In-Game sound (whatever it may be) might mean that extra download.

I'd like an answer from FC, so I can focus on either Booster or SWG boards

Zarsp -- RK1 Doc

Unhappy

PLEASE Enable Download Option for Notum Wars, so we can all Purchase it online and download it, I live in Kuwait and if i where to order it from a store in USA (like gamestop.com) it would cost me 20$ for NotumWars and 60$ for shipping and handling, thats 80$ total!!! ( you see what I mean? i'm sure there are tons of people just like me around the world, please dont leave us in the dark.

I will gladly pay for a CDKEY, if I can download the booster. I won't buy NW if this is not an option.
    Just casting my tiny vote.

well, if they make it downloadable it's a patch. And which gamedeveloper would charge their customers for a patch?

[uuhm......]

nuff said, let em wrap that cd in some paper & ship em out. Funcom apparently need kredataz. [/org bank add 50]

Yeah!

I live in Venezuela, for me, the shiping prices will be around 20$ + extra 50$ for the shipping or something like that, now if you convert to our local wage, it will be a total of 94.500, and that my friend, is almost the minimum salary in here, please, BUMP for NW download!!!
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Don't understand how making it downloadable=free in some of you idiot's eyes.

I'm all for downloading it. If we can download the game as it is and pay for it, then we can download the booster and pay for it.

Like others, the shipping cost is around twice the actual game cost.

One great thing about AO was the ability to download the game. Also being able to play it without paying for it was great as well.

I sure as hell won't order it online. And I don't know if I feel like going to software etc who'll charge me close to 50 dollars themselves for a booster that does ONE thing. Allow me to gain org benifits.

Like Saruzi tried to say, Funcom needs the time at the shelves. Not to artificially boost sales, but for the thousands of window shoppers out there. After some time, NW will probably be available as a download as well. My guess is that it will replace the other download option in January, after all the X-mas shopping is over and FC is back at work

--sil

Red face

Bump for downloadable!!!!!

Who spend 60$(insane ship price) for expantion(20$)???

and Who keep playing AO except newbie without Tower.

If it is not downloadable , il buy SWG anyway.

furnn

DOWNLOAD!

im in germany, the shipping costs will probably not be a problem
    here ..but i doubt i will even subscribe after the 7 day trial if i cant
    download NW then..

shipping costs, the wait time, all these annoying factors will keep
    customers away, and thats for sure.

if FC is actually not putting up an option to download it, they will
    loose sales, and thats just plain moronic.

kthxdie.

bump
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

I bought this entire game by downloading it and charging my credit card.

So why shouldent I be able to do the same thing with the booster?

Thats just silly.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

If FC needs the boosterpack in the shelves for all those holiday windowshoppers, then WE - those of us who already pay monthly fees - should be able to download it. Download for those who already have the game + boxed versions for the windowshoppers. That way it wont be any artificial with the salefigures either, as 99% of the sales of the boxed version would be newcomers.

Please respons Cz.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Originally posted by silmaril
    Like Saruzi tried to say, Funcom needs the time at the shelves. Not to artificially boost sales, but for the thousands of window shoppers out there. After some time, NW will probably be available as a download as well. My guess is that it will replace the other download option in January, after all the X-mas shopping is over and FC is back at work

--sil
    So? How does having it on the shelf and having it available for download interfere with what you just said?

Originally posted by Zylina

So? How does having it on the shelf and having it available for download interfere with what you just said?
    Elementary my dear Zylina. If it is downloadable, then the game stores and the distributors will refuse to carry the boxed version. Funcom NEEDS the boxed versions to be visible in stores for awhile to sell more copies. It is part of the advertising to actually have boxes out there in the real world.

Why should a store have it on their shelf if they know we can simply go download it on the Net? They won't. So Funcom needs to do this for awhile to boost sales.

Originally posted by wrecklass

Why should a store have it on their shelf if they know we can simply go download it on the Net? They won't. So Funcom needs to do this for awhile to boost sales.
    Ohhh really, then why is it that the original AO is both downloadable and on the Net? Sorry, your logic is terribly flawed. Just to make this clear, this thread is not suggesting that the download be free or that there shouldn't be a boxed version as well. There is simply no reason to not allow a downloadable e-purchase option. It would actually be much more profitable for Funcom. The very small price of bandwidth these days would be cost so much less than than the cut that goes to the box maker, the cd presser the distributer and the retailer. Increase your profit per sale and make it easier for your customers to purchase.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

yes! downloadable! since the online FC shop dont want me to get an order to go , and I am not getting it from the US with shipping costs twice the cost of the booster. I WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast