Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: make it downloadable

make it downloadable

make it downloadable or swg will get your customers :P

edited:
    you can see down here that many people will not be able to get the booster on other ways ...
    and realy to sell it with an original ao game is totaly absurd..no one needs it ...and why you say soz it won´t be downloadable in your statements ? it should be easy to realise, so only politics and ao players are not thumb !!!!
    Last edited by PeterPet; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 15:21:45.

most definitially. Many people downloaded the origional and are unable to get to a store which may sell the expantion. If it was downloadable the number of people purchasing the expantion would most definitially increase
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

If it is downloadable i will probably buy.

If its not i can guarentee i won't
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

It would be very hard to get it from my country other than downloading. Please make it downloadable.

Agreed, Bump.

Saves FC on packaging costs anyway...

-Sol
    I'll blame an early Sunday morning and lots of booze on Saturday. That ok? - Cz

roots. they're not just for trees anymore. - Eahii

...what good is the Duck Explosion skill ? The only thing I've found so far that explodes are chests. - Muminka

FC saves on packaging costs, but it costs them in bandwidth, so stop looking at this as a savings. It probably works out only very slightly cheaper to FC for you to download it.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Hehe with the amount of bandwidth the game uses daily both through playing and through people downloading the software the amount required for the download of the notum wars would be negligible at worst.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Booster pack needs to be downloadable

I definitely agree. If the booster pack actually includes a full AO client, then it won't be that difficult to actually replace the client download on the website with the client + booster pack.

Of course, I think we all know why FC won't do it... they need the money.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Make it downloadable ... u ppl are just cheap, nuff said !

Oh, I'm all for it being downloadable... but not for cheaper. Same price is fine. Just make it available to people in weird places who can't go to a local store and where shipping is outrageous.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Last I heard, there were plans to have it downloadable, but not immediately (as in, way afterwards).

One of the problems I suppose they could run into would be the registration fee for it, but that could as easily be done with a button on the account page that enables NW and charges the card. Since they are using a registration code, though, buying it for real works easiest, I suppose.

If you aren't able to get it shipped to you (for whatever reason), I would have a friend who CAN get it order it, then send you the CD files (or ISO or whatever) and e-mail you the reg code. I did that with Mouse for DAoC.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Originally posted by Razishlyat
    Last I heard, there were plans to have it downloadable, but not immediately (as in, way afterwards).

One of the problems I suppose they could run into would be the registration fee for it, but that could as easily be done with a button on the account page that enables NW and charges the card. Since they are using a registration code, though, buying it for real works easiest, I suppose.
    If it's possible to download, buy and register the client already, why would it be any harder to do the same with the booster???
    Dominata
    Member of THM

well lets put it this way....
    this supposedly 'cheaper' then expansion pack will end up costing me(an Australian)..

Ordering From the US
    The Game: US$19.99
    Shipping US$31.99
    Total US$51.98

this has to be some twisted joke right?????
    the game costs less then shipping.....

Just checked a few ago and its the same thing here. They must be transporting in platinium envelopes and the postman is walking on roses all the way.

Fix these insane handling-prices or make it downloadable.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Noer
    Just checked a few ago and its the same thing here. They must be transporting in platinium envelopes and the postman is walking on roses all the way.

Fix these insane handling-prices or make it downloadable.
    Same problem, also I have never seen anarchy online in any game shop in Holland near me. If this isnt going to be downloadable ( with the same kind of code system used with the original game) it will take me considerably longer to get the booster, or have to pay quite insane shipping costs.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I'm wondering if FC perhaps has a third party marketing agreement that precludes making the initial release downloadable, for some period of time. So that, for example, after 30, 60, 90 days, it can be made available for download, but not immediately upon release.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Vydas
    I'm wondering if FC perhaps has a third party marketing agreement that precludes making the initial release downloadable, for some period of time. So that, for example, after 30, 60, 90 days, it can be made available for download, but not immediately upon release.

Just a thought.
    I doubt that, from what I understand FC is both the developer and the publisher, and the booster is available from several online stores as a pre-order.

No, this is a way for FC to artificially boost the sales figures for the actual game client, look at the description for NW in their shop...
    'The box will contain both the entire Anarchy Online game client and the additional features of the booster pack.'
    It's not the booster with the client, it's the client with the booster...

Since FC constantly refuse to give out actual numbers of people actually playing at any given time, they will be able to point at the boost in sales of the client to prove how popular AO really is, handily disregarding the fact that 85% of boosters sold will be to people who already are subscribers.

Marketing is an ugly business...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Some people just don't understand. Funcom doesn't regulate the costs for shipping. Anyways, Christmas is coming and Funcom needs something on the shelf for the Holiday season. Regardless what you whine or say it won't get changed. Profits+New comers or Passed out new free content+Bandwidth sucking. Hmm, make money and get a bunch of holiday window shoppers to buy the box and game and get new subscriptions, or just pass out the new content for free while shooting our bandwidth bill higher. Hmmm. Hard choice, isn't it? You can really find that good ol "Lack of common sense" within the lowly educated masses.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Saruzi
    Some people just don't understand. Funcom doesn't regulate the costs for shipping. Anyways, Christmas is coming and Funcom needs something on the shelf for the Holiday season. Regardless what you whine or say it won't get changed. Profits+New comers or Passed out new free content+Bandwidth sucking. Hmm, make money and get a bunch of holiday window shoppers to buy the box and game and get new subscriptions, or just pass out the new content for free while shooting our bandwidth bill higher. Hmmm. Hard choice, isn't it? You can really find that good ol "Lack of common sense" within the lowly educated masses.
    who said anything about not purchasing the game, all we are looking for is a downloadable option.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast