Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we have some official answers from FC ???

Quote Originally Posted by SaloSalo View Post
    Let's be honest here. In Anarchy the achievement from leveling, twinking,obtaining expensive armors and nondrops is the entire game! When you undermine people's achievements, especially when it happens rapidly through methods we are not allowed to discuss, people become upset. It's not a matter of "more for everyone" like if someone found a way to copy and download bacon.
    In principle you are right. Still even if all viralbots were 1 cred, all nodrops were yesdrop, there would be still an awful lot more achievement and less spoonfeeding in AO than in any other modern MMO
    Hence I'd say this issue is not as dismal as it seems right now
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I don't actively play at the moment, but how has this affected the economy generally and bot wise?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

If FC officially did some kind of cheap bot giveaway then I would be pretty happy. I see nothing wrong with more bots in the system and lower prices provided they're legit. I'd also have (perhaps naively) assumed that such an official FC action would have been thought through beforehand and the potential changes to the game's economy, average character power level and such would have been considered. When someone does it illegitimately (cheating), with no careful consideration from internal FC sources, then it's a crappy disrespectful soiling of the game's environment with no thought for the aftermath.

Also, what Awikun said about it hitting the fan. Turn the fan off first of all. Turn it off the moment you've identified that something unpleasent is hitting it. FC cannot claim they didn't know in time. They really cannot.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Two ways to go here as I see it if they are not going to rollback (and it's too late for that now).

- Remove all of the duped bots from the game. This may or may not be possible, plus you'd have to refund money, figure out which bots have already been made into armor, etc etc.

- Just raise bot droprates to 100%. Now that there's this many additional bots in the system, it doesn't make sense to give an advantage to those who bought duped bots vs those who did not. If they are going to be this common for some, make them this common for all. Maybe even add a "Shady Bot Vendor" who will trade bots of one type for equal QL bots of another for those who have poor luck with general types.
    Derishen - 220/29 Martial Artist - Setup
    Darcoben - 170/12 Adventurer - Setup

Quote Originally Posted by derishen View Post
    - Just raise bot droprates to 100%.
    Yes, then you'de just get sad every time the useless gen drops over with spirituals...
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Yes, then you'de just get sad every time the useless gen drops over with spirituals...
    and ... make spirituals matter
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Most of ppl and the one who did this is banned.
    So stop crying of everything and just let them do theyr work, you cry baby penguin.
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    So stop crying of everything and just let them do theyr work, you cry baby penguin.
    Damnit man, stop making me agree with you. I hate that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    I very much doubt that.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I very much doubt that.
    He probably knows this because it was his orgmates who did it
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    But he already covered that?

Quote Originally Posted by derishen View Post
    Maybe even add a "Shady Bot Vendor" who will trade bots of one type for equal QL bots of another for those who have poor luck with general types.

Quote Originally Posted by Smasherr View Post
    3. who knows, there's not one decent programmer in that country.
    Afaik, the AO Team has been based here in the US for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Smasherr View Post
    1. They tried to cover up the market mess.
    2. because they weren't yet ready of making it a complete shiit, they had yet to decide which shiity texture should be picked up for the walls. So they were late on making it shiiit.
    3. who knows, there's not one decent programmer in that country.
    4. let;s hope he isn't anymore. He overstayed his period, considering that he was the worst of the impostors that have been AO's GDs, since Silirrion, the first of the scums. Technically, that chick who hadn't even finished college was the worst AO GD, but she didn't mess up anything, as opposed to this impostor who made the worst introduction to the game and continued to plummet AO's population to the stage that we couldn't gather enough ppl to sign an open letter to FC to sack this impostor, because there are only a couple of posts a day on the forum. Just look at the new Halloween encounter. Worst encounter ever introduced in AO, embarrassing. I would let one of the idiots in the forum community to design an encounter rather than this impostor.
    5. wtf, didn't you asked that already?
    6. blabla, you're part of the porblem by the way, you spineless mediocre nub.
    Don't sugar-coat it, tell us how you really feel.

Wait, what?

There were ubercheap AI leadbots on the GMI?!? And I wasn't there to take advantage of it?
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

So the official line from FC (on Reddit, not even bothered to post in their own forums): https://www.reddit.com/r/anarchyonli...ver_roll_back/

"We have taken appropriate actions on the involved parties."

Did the bots get removed?

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

I guess the answer to that is no. So there we have it, the official FC stance on the matter. Cheaters prosper.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

That's messed up. Not even an official word from the Game Director and the bots weren't removed.

Why do you need one? There are no surprises here. The negative effects of the 'bots are outweighed by the negative effects a rollback would have caused. They had one shot at this: within the first few hours the thing happened. And it happened late night US time, and very early morning Europe time. Definitely outside of work hours. Can't really blame FC for not reacting right away. And after that it was too late.
    So be realistic, stop being butthurt. This issue does not (or at least should not) devalue your gaming experience. I remember buying my RBP for 2 billion credz. Now it goes for 400m. Got a good number of combined stuff myself. Do I care? No. The value of stuff changes over time, this was due to an unfortunate event, but it is similar to FC increasing droprates (sparkling scimitar of spetses is looking at you kid) or the item being devalued by new content (dreadloch shark). Get over it, you will feel better
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

There are 3 main problems here:
    1. Technical issues behind - how could FC dealt with that? Rollback was good option but only up to about 24 hours from the time exploit happensed. And another question: was the "hole in security of GMI" fixed or can we expect simmilar exploit anytime soon ....
    2. What was really done by FC? ... Were there any bans? Viralbots deleted? Any other actions taken???
    3. Public re4lation part: - What was official position of FC? Do we admit "**** happened" and say sorry ??? Are we going to do anything about it now? or in future? ANY KIND OF INFORMATION IS BETTER THAN NOTHING...

I love the "I fail" buttons ... but this time is ******* who :"wins in I fail category"...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    There are 3 main problems here:
    1. Technical issues behind - how could FC dealt with that? Rollback was good option but only up to about 24 hours from the time exploit happensed. And another question: was the "hole in security of GMI" fixed or can we expect simmilar exploit anytime soon ....
    2. What was really done by FC? ... Were there any bans? Viralbots deleted? Any other actions taken???
    3. Public re4lation part: - What was official position of FC? Do we admit "**** happened" and say sorry ??? Are we going to do anything about it now? or in future? ANY KIND OF INFORMATION IS BETTER THAN NOTHING...

I love the "I fail" buttons ... but this time is ******* who :"wins in I fail category"...
    2) They banned at least 1 person (hence dnet is no longer in service)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast