Thread: Returning player seeking advice

Returning player seeking advice

Hi all,

Decided to give this game another go (provided customer support gives me the opportunity to play for 30 days free, since I don't have access to my old emails).

How's the credit inflation situation? I heard things were slightly better. Last time I looked, QL 300 CSS was like 1 bil per piece, but that's no longer the case, right?

Also, anyone have any advice on how to get back into this game? Unfortunately, I gave almost all of my valuable items away before I quit, so I'm stuck with a 201 fixer, 150 MA, 150 soldier, etc without gear. Is there any way I can cheaply regear my MA/soldier for s10 (assuming s10 is still a viable credit farm)?
    Last edited by Gottagofast; Aug 21st, 2016 at 19:22:20.

Costs really have settled very well over the last year & we're back to a very reasonable pricing on most items, so that shouldn't be a concern for most I would think.

As for restarting, I'd highly recommend starting a brand new character & go from there. That way you'll learn the basics & by the time you want to play your other toons, things will be much more familiar. Also it gives you a chance to experience the new starter area & all the new things following on from there.

Edit: Sec 10 is no longer the same for farming as it once was since the removal of the bounty items. It's still great for AxP, Lead Bots & a few useful items, so it's not entirely a lost cause.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I'd use the fixer to gear up. Get click saver and blitz nanos to sell and do basic armor also maybe. Should earn a pretty penny.

One thing I've had success with after re-activating myself some months ago is setting clear goals. I set up two goals, which is gearing an existing 220 soldier as well as making a new engi. Every time I log on I have a small task planned for advancing one of those two things. Can be something as simple as getting a specific item, doing a quest or a bit of leveling. I've learned the hard way, that if I don't set these small goals every time I log on I often end up working on too many different projects, which I'll never finish in the long run.

So decide what you want: Leveling to 220? Want a 150 twink? Etc. etc.

Most importantly: Get in an org. If you don't have an org you will quit again. This game is zero fun without an org and some people to play with.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.