Thread: I renounced multiboxism - can YOU do it?

I renounced multiboxism - can YOU do it?

Hello, citizens of Rubi-Ka

For several years now, I have been a multiboxer. First, I made a 2nd acc and made a 220 crat on it, in addition to my 220 enf. Some time passed, and I felt something was missing. So I made a 3rd acc with a 220 doc on it. For a while, things were good. But then I started feeling even something more was missing. I needed a 4th account with engi on it! I had given my pinky finger to the devil.

And for years, things were good. I made many credits. I felt utterly uber and strong. The greed grew as I could "solo" big things for solely my own profit.

Recently though I've felt the strain of this 4 toon, 4 account burden. Playing a single toon is just so relaxing. Not to mention that you actually have 5 (FIVE) spaces in team for you friends (really, it's amazing). Plus, it's nice to play with real people instead of yourself (I touch and play with myself in real life enough anyway *wink*) So I took a long, hard, cold look at my life on Rubi-Ka and decided to transfer 3 of my toons back to my main acc (they were already linked, I know you can't merge accs anymore).

The game feels fresh again, like it's intended to be played. There is no burden. Everything is enjoyable (and more challenging).

If you're a multiboxer, I urge you to reconsider your ways. Try the game as it was meant to be played. You won't regret it!

Sincerely,

- Ric the Magnificent
    A Recovering multiboxer
    Riczorz 220/30 Enforcer (Troxxorz/RK2)
    Riczor 220/30 Bureaucrat
    Ricmd 220/30 Doctor
    Ricmeister 220/30 Engineer
    Ricz 220/30 Keeper (Riverarc/RK2)

Expert Leveling [youtube.com]

https://www.twitch.tv/riczorz

November™
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

I find playing my MB way easier than playing a single toon

Just sayin'
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Greed is what ruins everything related to pvm multiboxing. Even if the multiboxer isn't the greedy one, but his "friends" start to feel over entitled if they come along and take without asking what they realistically don't have any right to. I like multiboxing for the sport of it mostly, but it has to be a solo effort. People just don't appreciate skill involved.

This has happened enough times to me, that I'd prefer to just play solo. People that suck make the game not fun. Multiboxing is a great escape from them.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Greed is what ruins everything related to pvm multiboxing. Even if the multiboxer isn't the greedy one, but his "friends" start to feel over entitled if they come along and take without asking what they realistically don't have any right to. I like multiboxing for the sport of it mostly, but it has to be a solo effort. People just don't appreciate skill involved.

This has happened enough times to me, that I'd prefer to just play solo. People that suck make the game not fun. Multiboxing is a great escape from them.
    With the few ppl playing, teaming with noobs and helping them get **** so they stay and get better is prolly the way to go tho :S Not running them over and making it impossible for them 2 get teams for anything.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I gave mine up too.

I've been busy playing a lowby shade lately. it's a hard life. 3-4 months old, not even 150 yet :/

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    With the few ppl playing, teaming with noobs and helping them get **** so they stay and get better is prolly the way to go tho :S Not running them over and making it impossible for them 2 get teams for anything.
    Or one could simply teach the noobs how to actually play their profession, thus they get to actually play the game? just saying
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Or one could simply teach the noobs how to actually play their profession, thus they get to actually play the game? just saying
    I second this
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Nice !

And about credits ... with a single enforcer you can get like 30-50m / hour on KH, not to mention crats or shades or traders or whatever you like. Why MB - never understood. Soloing Beast for MAYBE 300m / boc (if the buyer know what he is doing) ... nope. With all the raid-bots working the profit from selling lootrights should be close to zero.

And about tutoring the newbs - all ok with that, but the newbie need to have the desire of learning and to be eager to do so. You need to actually read a LOT in order to play this game properly ... For example is pretty hard to explain to a newbie why there are 3 kinds of enforcers (PVP, PVE and hybrids) and that the worst breed for a PVE enforcer is atrox
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

You need multiboxing because of NT lolness mechanics. Better to fix NT logic before any thing else. Other type of lol is ok, but when the lol becomes lol its not ok.

Came back in 2015 after not having played from 2009-2015. Literally couldn't get a group together for a month for Peacekeeper constad for my new MP.

For me multiboxing was a way to play the actual game without having to spend an hour+ forming a group. Or the inf mission groups where people leave after every single mission and you have to go find new people.

I noticed that I spent more time waiting around for people than I did actually playing the game.

I would like to play the game the way it was designed, but for me it hasn't been possible since some time after 2005.
    Zeposid - lvl 220 doc
    Baldev - lvl 220 MA | gimped
    Possid - lvl 165/10 trader

I like how people tell me I should do the BSx3 daily when I know people that octolog for a single private instance BS.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I like how people tell me I should do the BSx3 daily when I know people that octolog for a single private instance BS.
    So you saying people octolog to start BS and to lure you in and just to gank you with all 8 accounts? Or what is the complaint?
    Or do you really think there are "private" BS instances you cant join?

Seriously, without people multilogging BS (especially non 220) would run like never. Sad but true.