Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - June 2016 (Happy 15th Anniversary!)

Soon ™

How long did they announce it was going to Steam? 4 years?

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

Quote Originally Posted by Xzeepo View Post
    Soon ™

How long did they announce it was going to Steam? 4 years?
    Technically they have been trying to do it for 4 years atleast:
    https://steamdb.info/app/217730/hist...angeid=U:12529
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

There will be pretty close to no developments for AO in the upcoming future, that I can say judging by their resources and priorities:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/conan-...available-now/
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

An other patch, still no words...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    There will be pretty close to no developments for AO in the upcoming future, that I can say judging by their resources and priorities:
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/conan-...available-now/
    If Conan Exiles hadn't sold this well, things would have been worse.

I expect "Yearly Development Update" in June ...

Quote Originally Posted by hans76 View Post
    I expect "Yearly Development Update" in June ...
    I'm sure that's a realistic thing to expect. At least if you don't specify the year...
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

At least Michizure isn't dead it seems... So there is some hope...

Hoping once the initial Conan Exiles rush dies down a bit, we can have a bit of dev time back :/ Steam launch would be kinda nice. Wouldn't mind them actually properly fixing the /follow issue so we can have it back in non-flagged/gas PvM again

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Fixing the remaining crash (usually on zoning, but not always) bugs in the new engine ... especially the one where "player is logged in" lasts for minutes after ... needs to happen before the steam launch.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    especially the one where "player is logged in" lasts for minutes after
    I have to use the new client at work (stupid Intel Iris 6100) and if that happens here, there's usually a leftover "clientd" background process. Killing that one solved this particular problem without fail (so far).
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    I have to use the new client at work (stupid Intel Iris 6100) and if that happens here, there's usually a leftover "clientd" background process. Killing that one solved this particular problem without fail (so far).
    Should be fixed regardless. The constant crashing while zoning in rome, longest road and so on is annoying and keeps me from using the new engine even though I would like to. And it is easy to reproduce cause it happens every single time. So it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what the problem is...
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

It is pretty fun , people just stop caring to much about virtual, it will be fixed soon and they will find another way. Till FC hire them.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

NW is now dead. me and my clan org cancel now our accounts. the situation in these game is getting worse. I don't have any hope for these game now. Funcom don't do anything for these game and his community. thats really sad! guys wake up. it's hard to say these. Think about it.

I hope that funcom have the IP of these guy.
    Last edited by killu; Feb 18th, 2017 at 22:17:13.
    :::::: Canceled all Accounts - make no sense to play these game ::::::

Leet's whispered to me that it's the old client steam provides for you....

True, old client only thru Steam at the moment. I'm surprised they went with it but it IS more stable then the new client.

Looks like they're acknowledging the sunsetting of Anarchy Online (from the Financials report):

"For Anarchy Online, the Item Store was revamped, a Winter celebration and a Christmas sale event were launched, several bugs and exploits were fixed and the game was released on Steam. No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward."

Well sunsetting is turning off the servers. That's not what's been said. Maintenence mode is leaving the servers on, just not tending to them in any meaningful manner.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Maintenence mode is leaving the servers on, just not tending to them in any meaningful manner.
    They haven't said that either, for the record. Some website said "*Looks like* maintenance mode...", however Funcom hasn't said anything regarding that.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast