Thread: any point in returning?

any point in returning?

feeling a bit nostalgic about this game lately and was thinking of coming back. All my items and stuff had been "given away" when i quit so i was wondering if there is any point in starting from scratch right now, is there any tl5 pvp etc? Would be fun to make a few twinks i guess

Building good twinks requires:
    1. Lots of credits (which you dont have)
    2. Lots of twinking items (which you have given away)
    3. Lot of time.

4. Good knowledge and experience in AO (which you may have but not up to date)
    So unless you have or find friends who can give/borrow you 1b+ credits as well as borrow all twinking items, chances are you wont be able to make any good TL5 or higher twinks.

AO is still fun to play and level but you should make realistic goals if you want to start up from scratch to avoid future dissapointments.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

wait a week or 2 and there will be free week to try if you can have any fun anymore
    Ciassene

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    feeling a bit nostalgic about this game lately and was thinking of coming back. All my items and stuff had been "given away" when i quit so i was wondering if there is any point in starting from scratch right now, is there any tl5 pvp etc? Would be fun to make a few twinks i guess
    Please do. I need some competition.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Building good twinks requires:
    1. Lots of credits (which you dont have)
    2. Lots of twinking items (which you have given away)
    3. Lot of time.

4. Good knowledge and experience in AO (which you may have but not up to date)
    So unless you have or find friends who can give/borrow you 1b+ credits as well as borrow all twinking items, chances are you wont be able to make any good TL5 or higher twinks.

AO is still fun to play and level but you should make realistic goals if you want to start up from scratch to avoid future dissapointments.

ditto!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Regardless of starting from scratch if you have a 220 you can make credits easily - especially if you have two accounts for dual logging something.

Decide what your criteria of success is and go from there. I reactivated some time ago and I've been impressed with the quality-of-life changes to everyday stuff like leveling, buffing and twinking. There's also more activity than I thought (euro timezone).
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    I reactivated some time ago and I've been impressed with the quality-of-life changes to everyday stuff like leveling, buffing and twinking.
    Yes, number of good-changes to the game is impressive, and even they took place year ago, I find myself still smiling to some of them.

If u liked AO, you will still find it enjoyable - and since leveling is MUCH easier then it was before, and some quest were toned down, it is possible to reach endgame level and get some usefull gear very fast.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

mango making twink pls, u'll be always a feeder with love douk (come doto b$st$rd)

You can always make a 150ish toon who can both make money and participate in war, perhaps not efficiently as a true twinkle, but at least can get out and drain/UBT/warp/RRFE/GSF/hot/behe/CH/TTS/etc. and press Q and use root grafts.

Mango come pew pew with me
    Heh...

so i made a froob account to see if the game is worth buying again. hit me up on mangosteak

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    so i made a froob account to see if the game is worth buying again. hit me up on mangosteak
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

make a toon with me hurji

Last Online 9 days ago <- dats what it says on ur steam acc btw kent
    Last edited by Notevenmad; Jun 21st, 2016 at 18:05:02.

I'd say dont listem to forums, just play and have fun , if no fun, just quit.
    Most people on forums are very very **** players ingame anyway

GL
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

i love t his game
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

i love your sig

This game never dies unless FC decides to pull the plug. Just today was online at the most quietest time and we got pretty good pvp action going on at tara. Like 10 vs 10 people.