Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    So im still trying to figure out why Grenade weapons still only have 1 Special?? Time to upgrade grenade weps so not everyone has the same thing since 07, Thnx,
    Traders used to only have fling on their shotgun weapons (well except for a few AS weapons as well) so adding burst to a grenade weapon (together with fling) sounds fine.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Same goes for NT cyberdeck. The NT weapon progress seem to more or less end with the first cyberdeck, with minor tweaks.

I would like to see something along the lines of a: Cyberdeck of the Xan, making MC actually scale up our attacks. Both basic and nanos.
    While i know that there are mc thresholds that makes us do more dmg, on nanos, i would like to see it being a bit more fluent, so that it werent only viable going mc from lets say 500 to 1000, but also going inbetween.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    Same goes for NT cyberdeck. The NT weapon progress seem to more or less end with the first cyberdeck, with minor tweaks.

I would like to see something along the lines of a: Cyberdeck of the Xan, making MC actually scale up our attacks. Both basic and nanos.
    While i know that there are mc thresholds that makes us do more dmg, on nanos, i would like to see it being a bit more fluent, so that it werent only viable going mc from lets say 500 to 1000, but also going inbetween.
    Regular weapons work like that until they hit MBS, so yeah, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post

I've wanted this for some time now. I'll keep bringing it up.

10... maybe 5 years, we'll see some results.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Well it is untapped potential. Why can NT not dual wield pistol + cyberdeck is beyond me.

And grenades, rockets should do AoE damage...

It can be done, if nothing else give it use action every 10s for 10m aoe dealing 5k damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I already think pistols are a bit overused as it is. But the cyberdeck could atleast be 2handed, and worth while, like other 2h weapons.

There is also the potential of cyberdeck weaponspecials.
    That could be forexamble:

Burst: Nanite implosion
    FS: precision nuke
    FA: Nano execution

Instead of having them reliant on regular weapon specials, they should be useing nanoskills.
    Which ones and more specific issues, can be discussed further if this was something people think would be a good idea.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Ah, the second weapon for NT. That's supposed to happen too

I asked about nano burst, which is a counter system based on the number of nukes casted. It could stack up to a few charges, but be used with any amount. Basically, a "weapon special". But not a peep on it.

Overall, NT is... at best an off label support profession before 215 with blinds, semi-decent calms/roots, and at worst a kite hill slave. I really can't blame people for still seeing kite hill as the best leveling alternative for NT's, I guess. You either kite hill and feel like a bad arse since you're doing more DPS than any other profession at any level could even dream of, or go cry yourself to sleep because the doc was consistently out damaging you in a legit team.

I do feel bad MP's pets got nerfed, but at least they have a reason to try for them. Look at our top tier GIVA... It is mathematically pointless to go for it at all. As soon as you've gotten enough MC to cast it, you've lost so much +% Nano Damage that its almost the same as it was 400 MC ago. But, you've just gone and nerfed your IU at the same time, so you're actually doing less damage with more skill.

Now, if something like CO (CS is more defensive, so doesn't really fit) added +% nano damage, it would actually make sense to use in a damage focused build, and be a lazy man's fix to the problem. (but, hell I'd take both that and a proper fix) 1% would be all that's needed from ql1 to 300.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Raishen View Post
    So im still trying to figure out why Grenade weapons still only have 1 Special?? Time to upgrade grenade weps so not everyone has the same thing since 07, Thnx,
    Pretty sure 07' would have been about the last time anyone actualy botherd to equip a grenade weapon.
    I tried for years to get a dmg proc on grenade weapons that caused the target to fire off a small aoe nuke/stun triggerd by a successful burst check, unfortunately every time I asked for it, certain other pro's, who apparently felt that it would encroach on their "uber dmg reputations" shouted it down.
    I even went as far as proving that it wouldn't even come close to being as much dmg as certain other set ups, that we already have access to, could bust out.

Now, im not sure what the current crop of professionals are like, but its not Michi you need to convince, its the other profession pro's.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Ill gladly be open to discussion with these *Professionals* (Self proclaimed or voted by people who dont know anything). Engineer Grenadier Just sounds so nice, im tired of pistol. Im tired of shotgun. If grenade wont ever be a option, than the dev's should just remove the demolitions perkline completely from the game. No one ever wants anything unique anymore. Everyone has to have the same setup. well whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Thank You
    This month will be the 15th Anniversary of Anarchy Online. [...] Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this long journey, and to everyone who will continue the adventure with us for another 15 years.
    Thank you too Michizure! I logged on as soon as my accounts were unfrozen on the 23rd, and Anarchy Online is still one of the best - if not the best (subjective opinion, of course) - MMORPG still out there. I quickly remembered why this was my favourite game for so many years, and I will make it my main game again for a while. Please, keep up the awesome work!
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    Regarding Apo 10 and its "Alien Technology Mastery", could this be extended to utils/bracers/whatever usually needs ATE ?
    I hope so!

Bump for a new monthly update

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789