Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Pretty much every year there is somebody that takes issue with this, every year someone says its a kick in the teeth to the people who have already subbed and every year its pretty much a lost cause.

I have heard in the past how after speaking to accounts or support or someone to do with funcom, they have received some bonuses. Not sure how true that is though.
    So this has happened before? Seriously?

If that is true then they should have known better then to piss of customers since this has apparently happened before (more than once I am guessing by your words) because they intentionally miss-timed these events as they did.

I subbed for a year on main account and haven't gotten the silencer armor yet.... Anyone get there's?

Ah no, I dont necessarily mean they mis timed the events and caused people to miss out, although it wouldnt suprise me if they did. More just that people have been annoyed that despite having subbed for a year only a day or two before the offers came in and therefore they got nothing reward wise.

I know there has been lots of confusion over the events finishing before and lots of people have been told it would finish on the 27th (for example) when really it finished on the the day before and they have lost out. Last year there were lots of people in the forums ready to sub, was about to on the last day before the offers were killed. Many begged funcom to re-open and they would sub but funcom wouldnt reopen the offers. (I think its actually then when people reported speaking to support and getting the rewards added to their account for subbing out of the offers time).

Funcom have been pissing customers off since 2001!
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Screwed it is!

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request. The offer is for membership that is purchased from Jun 23, 2016 to July 11, 2016. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email.

Have a nice day."

Curse words aren't enough to express how I feel at funcom at this point. Well lets see what other action I can take to rectify this...

I'm curious as to how people who buy something way before a sale or way after it's over think they're entitled? Does this work in RK4 Grocery Stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    I'm curious as to how people who buy something way before a sale or way after it's over think they're entitled? Does this work in RK4 Grocery Stores?
    It's not a sale, I had no idea this was coming and there is no practical way for me to take advantage of it. I cannot renew a whole years membership after only 3 week into a whole years membership. By buying a few weeks ago there is absolutely no way for me to get it, I'm barred from it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Theft View Post
    It's not a sale, I had no idea this was coming and there is no practical way for me to take advantage of it. I cannot renew a whole years membership after only 3 week into a whole years membership. By buying a few weeks ago there is absolutely no way for me to get it, I'm barred from it altogether.
    Them's the breaks I'm afraid. It's pretty common knowledge that FunCom has Birthday Offers...Every year that I can recall there's been an offer of some kind for the Birthday Event. Sucks that you missed it, but it's hardly fair to expect Funcom to check with you before making the offer now, don't you think?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Ah but it is a sale. Funcom is offering their regularly priced product for a lower price for a limited time. FC will have a sale 2 more times this year--Halloween & Xmas. The contents will vary (e.g., looks like they only give the jetpack during this one now) but the xx months for xx $ will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Any stats info on the armor set?
    This. Are there no shoulders? I heard a neck item and tank? Can someone post an equip tab?

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Dont be a fool and assume this is the same as physical goods.

This is a FREE FOR THEM digital perk for their valued customers. To not give it to those who already were their valued customers even though it cost them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING just means they don't care about their current customers, because hey, there is the off chance that maybe 1-2 of those fools will buy Another year on top of their current years time.

No one is asking for a refund of the slightly discounted price of the year.

Means already expressed that he did not think current loyal yearly subscribers were deserving of rewards when they first started offering incentives (he said it only slightly more diplomatic than that as well), I guess it was too much to expect things might have changed after he left.

Lesson is that no one should ever buy a yearly subscription unless there is an offer, any other time of year keep your accounts monthly. It seems that's what they want. Take the year offer then immediately switch your account back to monthly to prevent it from auto renewing at the end for another year, this is how many of you will be screwed out of next years incentives if you forget to do this.
    Last edited by Krause; Jun 24th, 2016 at 04:16:31.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

But you didn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by RawR View Post
    But you didn't answer my question.
    Sure, Shoulders, Neck and Tank. 100 to Map Nav and Swimming each.

I have no idea.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

I don't think anyhow got theirs yet, I know i haven't

Krause, you let me down

Thanks for your reply Cryptify, I'll be moar patient.

Most of the armor pieces looks like Luxurious stat wise but Silencer has less HP/Nano on most pieces and +5-20 RS/Conceal.

No shoulders just like Luxurious.

Silencer Mark(Neck item) at ql200 is comparable to a 250 token board in stats but with +500 HP/Nano, +10 inits(scales 5-10), +20 Treatment(scales 1-20), 20 AAO/AAD (scales 1-20), +25 First aid (scales 5-25), little bit of Conceal/RS and 5 NCU/XP%.
    It's alright at the start but vets are really the only ones who will buy 1 year sub and most will have enough vet points for at least the 120 token board which blows a ql100 Silencer Mark away.
    Once you hit 250 tokens the Mark becomes useless which isn't hard to get to with dailies.

Silencer Back item is identical to Luxurious back.
    https://aoitems.com/item/300690/200/...us-tank-armor/

Silencer set is pretty much the Luxurious set everyone wanted but slightly worse tho Social wise I find it wins hands down.
    The RS seems cool but since it also scales it ends up being fairly forgettable at low levels and Fixer runspeed is often enough at all levels.
    Up to you guys tho if you want it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Theft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Membership Offer & Frozen Accounts
    For this anniversary, we will be offering a new membership offer. In addition to bonus months of play time, and a number of account rewards, we will be offering a new set of armor: Preview. In addition to the rewards from these offers, months purchased via any of these offers will go towards the Membership Rewards.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    Silencer Mark(Neck item) at ql200 is comparable to a 250 token board in stats but with +500 HP/Nano, +10 inits(scales 5-10), +20 Treatment(scales 1-20), 20 AAO/AAD (scales 1-20), +25 First aid (scales 5-25), little bit of Conceal/RS and 5 NCU/XP%.
    Good for twinking once it offers more than the lowby cyborg board and before you can equip the tl6 one.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

The Silencer Helm would be totally awesome if it weren't for that antenna/horn/spike thing. Can we get a screwdriver tradeskill process to remove it please ?
    Regarding Apo 10 and its "Alien Technology Mastery", could this be extended to utils/bracers/whatever usually needs ATE ?
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Why not give 1 set of silencer armor for free, on accounts that are recuring?
    Soldier level 220/ax30/le70 veteran of clan First Light
    Bureaucrat level 174/ax24/le42 advisor of clan First Light

Why not let silencer (especially the neck) item be buyable from instore. Only part worth buying ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Hey all. I'm confused.

I checked the forums just now because I was curious if any big changes had occurred since the last time I checked things out here. I hear people talk about special 1-year-subscription offers and I hear others mention AO's birthday subscription-offers (are these the same thing?)

Anyway, the thing that confuses me is this:

1. I see no mention of this anywhere, including anarchy onlines main website, which I just checked.
    2. I have not received any emails about any of this.

So I have to ask, isn't the point of these things to entice people to come back to AO and subscribe? How can this happen if they have no idea it's happening? Also, I hear there's a 1-year subscription deal that gives you some kind of armor or such. Where can I find details about this offer (or any other offer)? If this offer is limited to 1-year-subscriptions, how come (as far as I can see) only people that already pay to play AO even hear about the offer? That makes it almost impossible to even take advantage of this offer seeing as they need to update their subscription DURING the tiny window of time the offer is there. Why isn't this 1-year-subscription reward given to all that subscribe during this window AND all that currently already have a 1-year subscription running DURING the offer? Wouldn't that be fair? I don't get this weird approach.

Maybe I missed something? But if I did, then that's not good for people that doesn't even randomly check the AO forums a few times a year like I do. They will be a lot less likely to know about this than I am. Maybe there is some kind of email-subscription thingie, kinda like newsletters and such, that I have been taken off of? I can't remember because I haven't received emails from Funcom in over 10 years and my memory doesn't go back that far apparently
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 27th, 2016 at 15:51:53.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast